Page 1 of 49
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Does anyone play this or remember playing this? I just recently bought it again for PC and I have to say I'm having a blast, it's still pretty good regarding how old the game is. Any thoughts?
    Hey everyone

bought it on sale on steam, i played until the mission where you have to kill the queen of naboo and then i ragequit because its too haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!1! seriously though its a good game despite it being pretty old, the main reason i bought it was out of pure nostalgia because i used to play it all the time on the ps2 then i was younger what irks me though i am certain the ps2 version was third person but the pc version insists on being first person thenever you are anything but a lightsaber wielding hero.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2012-07-22 at 05:49 PM.

Used to play it all the time on the ps2 with my brother and cousins. Had a blast playing, definitely one of my all time favorites. I also bought it for pc recently for a LAN party, and its all the fun I remember, but the gameplay is a hell of a lot different!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    bought it on sale on steam, i played until the mission where you have to kill the queen of naboo and then i ragequit because its too haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!1! seriously though its a good game despite it being pretty old, the main reason i bought it was out of pure nostalgia because i used to play it all the time on the ps2 then i was younger
    I ragequit way before that, during the "destroy the Jedi temple" mission... Much rage was had.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels old but the AI is so funny to play against, I mean just put them on elite but you in conquest you have to capture points non stop to win.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Bought it about 6 months ago and have played it alot since then, I played the first one on PS2 and have fond memories of it, had to try out the second and had a blast.

Really wish they would make a battlefront 3

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I ragequit way before that, during the "destroy the Jedi temple" mission... Much rage was had.
    strangely i didn't find that too hard tbh, i just kinda blasted the jedi away as stormtrooper. The queen and her annoying honor guard rapes the shit out of me

It's probably one of my favourite game, I have the ps2 and pc version. The multiplayer is amazing, I love the Coruscant Map.
    I would really like a Star Wars Battlefront 3, damn you Lucas!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Bought it about 6 months ago and have played it alot since then, I played the first one on PS2 and have fond memories of it, had to try out the second and had a blast.

Really wish they would make a battlefront 3
    it was in the making then pandemic got shut down in 2009, which sucks big time, free radical who are the company behind the timesplitters franchise have also been a part of the development and showed some canned gameplay footage after hidden files containing unfinished artwork for a hoth level and character concept art were found in the resident evil: racoon city game files.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2012-07-22 at 05:18 PM.

i love this game! i play it on the ps2 every now and then. i still get all giddy when i hear about a star wars annoucement, hoping in vain it'll be battlefront 3

Think battlefront 3 is still in secret making for 2013. There was another leaked video, showing footage from the real 3rd one. animations looked quite scrappy.

Love this game. It's faceroll in single player and makes you rethink in multiplayer.
    There are a few servers up still, so beware when you join them :P They're good players!

The leaked battlefront 3 videos are from 2007.. so.. no.. there won't be a battlefront 3 for a while.. I still haven't given up, but I doubt we'll see it for another 5 years

10+ Year Old Account
    I got on a steam a while ago for like 3 or 4 dollars, i totally forgot how to play. It's still super fun tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Think battlefront 3 is still in secret making for 2013. There was another leaked video, showing footage from the real 3rd one. animations looked quite scrappy.
    might be the scrapped footage from free radical, so far all that even hints that the game was in development is unfinished art work and concept art unearthed in the Resident evil: Racoon city game files and the scrapped game play footage from free radical.

Picked it up a while back, I love the Battlefront games and wish they would make more.

Playing them...they're not good. Like, I can't say they're super well made or anything. But damnit they're SO DAMN FUN!!!! I think I got BFront 2 for like 2.50 or something on Steam sale last winter sale and put like 16+ hours into it finishing all the campaign/conquest modes.

Super sad they canceled the third one in production. I'd love to see more from this series. Easily one of the most entertaining shooters I've played.

It's an awesome game, especially for its time, but I think I liked the first BF better overall. Mostly because it had a slightly better map pool, and because the AI was much better. They'd actually target each other, not just the player. I never cared much for the campaigns, but me and my brothers played a ton of Conquest games vs AI in both of the BF games. I really hope they get around to making a third.

anyone who knows whether or not it is possible to play the campaign co-op?

Deleted
    Is the online part still up and running for pc? might give that game some more time if so, have beaten whole campaign but i can see how some parts can make people rage
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-07-22 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know but it seems like my own teams AI sucks ass compared to the enemy team and just makes it so hard to win.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Picked it up a while back, I love the Battlefront games and wish they would make more.
    Sucks that EA killed Pandemic, Battlefront 3 would had been glorious!