Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those concerned about the water, it looks a lot better/diff in game that screenshot didnt do it justice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    For those concerned about the water, it looks a lot better/diff in game that screenshot didnt do it justice
    Oh! I was wondering what they were going on about. I even waited out the entire in game night in Queensdale for the sun to come up so I could have a look at some more water. I assumed they tried it themselves and were complaining about their results, not the screenshot.

What you see in the screenshot isn't water. It's one of the magitech energy walls they have in Rata Sum so you don't fall off the edge.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-07-23 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I should rephrase to liquid Either way , super happy with your tweak and the fact that with one button i can toggle it .. awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I don't know.

To me, it looks like the "Tweaked" image has no Anti-Aliasing at all.

Is it possible to get a comparison image with all AA completely disabled, just to make sure?

The "Normal" image looks like a quincunx filter, which essentially blurs the whole screen (probably the worst form of AA). Are there no ingame options to use MSAA, or at least Super-Sample AA?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I hope thats is something thats been shown to Anet, so they fix it so we dont have to go around tweaking the client.
    There's nothing that needs to be "fixed". Depth of field was intentional. I wouldn't hold your breath on them changing it. Not to mention reverting it would break a lot of the view distance transitioning.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Graphics card override works for GW2? It hardly ever works anymore.
    Nvidia Inspector ... you can tweak almost everything with it.

Deleted
    The FXAA Injection Tool's own site is here:
    www assembla com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/
    Read "How_to_inject" for instructions.
    Downloads of different stable versions can be under "Files", just use the latest to get most options and optimized shader calculations.

Though, I suggest that you try out SweetFx instead, since it is an evolution of SMAA, FXAA and some of our FXAA Injection Tool code.
    forums guru3d com/showthread.php?t=368880

I prefer to use NvInspector to force some real AA instead, the profile can also be found together with the FXAA downloads, but make sure that your card can handle Anti Aliasing at x8 and Anisotropic Filtering at x16, else you will end up with a slideshow.
    Ambient Occlusion is also turned completely off since it bugs regarding transparency and clipping.

Regardless of choice, if you use a post processed AA filter or hardware AA, always remember to turn the in game FXAA off.
    Last edited by mmoc2efd5dc819; 2012-10-16 at 02:19 PM.