Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    This post isn't really constructive to the main topic, but hopefully helpful to the OP - it's a chart, not chard.. Although, rereading I noticed you got it correct once or twice, so I'm a little confused how this happened..

Anyway, to keep it in line with the topic - I've already quit about 8 months ago, but I'm hoping Guild Wars 2 keeps me occupied from release until well after wow's final expansion (whenever that may be); uni is my primary focus now so a subscription based mmo just doesn't work for me.

What I enjoyed the most: Leveling the different classes throughout the different zones. I absolutely loved raiding when I had the time for it, but it's just not something I could rationalise any more between study and a social life..

Also, you said you're basing this discussion off of the chart, but you've listed 2 expansions? 90-95, and then 95-100? It's highly plausible of course, just wished to clarify that you're predicting 2 more expansions rather than 1 as the chart would suggest.

If I were still playing wow come the final expansion, I might play for a week or 2 after downing the final boss, but I wouldn't feel compelled to re run the raids as it is normally. After you've downed the ultimate final boss, character progression would feel meaningless to me.
    Thanks a lot for the assist, this is my first post ever. You learn while you do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    Blizzard isn't just going to stop making WoW expansions without releasing something else to take its place. Either Titan will be a huge hit that gradually takes over WoW's player base, or it will fail and they'll keep WoW going until they have something new to take its place.
    Farmville was a huge hit so I guess a casual, social-orientated MMO with the learning curve of a potato will overtake WoW easily

doesnt matter really, we are going to die in 2012
    Be feared, or be fuel

Well Guys i know that this chart is still not proof that 2014 is the end of WoW. If the business is still making money Blizzard of course they will try to keep it alive unless they very confident that Titan will overpass it. Is very smart for them to launch Titan to co-exist with WoW so gives a chance for the players base to move. That why they can analyze the results and maybe decide. They can keep going at it or stop right there. You can consider that WoW for Blizzard can be used as a backup just in case Titan cant win the player base WoW currently has.

Sorry if I confused any of you, like i said this is my first post. This is my first time posting a subject like this os my apologies. The chart is only a projection it hasn't been confirmed that is true or that is not true. I want is for the players to considered the chart as true for a second and think about the questions I asked if that chart were true.

From the feedback i see many players it would be a shock when it occurs. It could be in 1 year or in 20 years, who knows. So fellow MMO player i ask again.

What would you do ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Crap like this makes me /facepalm, like irl
    Same, OP pulling "facts" out of nowhere is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    If you're a troll, you're a bad one. If you're serious, then you're delusional to think a company that is making a killing on something is suddenly just gonna decide they just don't feel like making anymore money. I'm sure that would go over really well with the stock holders.
    Sorry to confuse you, im not really trolling. This question came up from a friend on mine that got really pissed when i ask him the same question so was wondering the response on other players. Like i said before the question is based if you consider the chart true for a second. Im not saying that it will end the chart itself is only a projection of the company there still no proof of when is the end for WoW. Just considered the possibility and ask you self what would you do ?

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Same, OP pulling "facts" out of nowhere is always fun.
    LoL, it is funny in a way, I wrote this for the players to consider a ending of WoW at sometime it can be 2014 or 2050 really doesnt matter. They is no evidence that this charts represents the end of WoW, I already explain that numerous times. Im just asking you if this chart were true (there is no evidence that it is or isn't yet).

If i considered this chart as true, I myself would be ashamed . I don't believe in something without having true evidence.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The "2014 Expansion" probably won't be WoW's last expansion though. I hope I'd be playing Titan when WoW's end comes (for me?).
    You sound more like my friend. Is true that there hasn't been a real expiration date for WoW, why would it be one. The game is making a lot of money for the company. Like others i think the way I express the post was little confusing. There is always and end for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, threads like that are head banging. Like the op knows what are Blizzard's intentions for WoW...But to answer that stupid hypothetical question (like: if you are fired in 2014, what will you do?), I will play another games. Simple as that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for the next one to come out.

Thanks for all your feedback.

From what i gathered is the following.

1. Some players are too stupid to read and understand the post.
    2. We have players that are too attached to the game that they dont even consider that there is a end.
    3. Like my self we have players that will just move on to other games.
    4. Most of the post are just like my friends reaction, not understanding the question, everyone is reacting because i mentioned a possible end of WoW. LoL

Thanks everyone the feedback I will come back when the WoW end is near and compare. It could be 1 year or 50 years we dont know. I wont be monitoring the post any longer. Feel free to close the thread if desired. Hope the question has provided something to think about.

NOTE : I repeat that don't worry about the chart there is no evidence that this charts represents the end of WoW. This chars is was meant as a projection of the company for the following years.

I may try this again as a survey so i can get some statistics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really am surprised people think they won't stop making expansions until the game becomes dead. Some people are incredibly delusional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeomatrix00 View Post
    1. Some players are too stupid to read and understand the post.
    2. We have players that are too attached to the game that they dont even consider that there is a end.
    3. Like my self we have players that will just move on to other games.
    4. Most of the post are just like my friends reaction, not understanding the question, everyone is reacting because i mentioned a possible end of WoW. LoL
    5. Most people that posted understands that the question asked in the topic was illogical from the upstart, for the simple fact that WoW is Blizzard's cash cow and it will for many more years.

But something was correct in your posts. Your friend.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2012-07-23 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    5. Most people that posted understands that the question asked in the topic was illogical from the upstart, for the simple fact that WoW is Blizzard's cash cow and it will for many more years.

Thanks for the feedback, but i don't consider the post illogical because the simple fact is that im NOT saying that it will end, just wanted to understands the players mindset if some day it would turn true. But most people here didn't really understand the question or didn't wanted to understand. They only saw the title. but i guess the just because of the title people got very blind and didn't understood the post. Well this is my first one anyway, next one will be more accurate make sure the readers understand what im asking. LoL

Thanks a lot for your feedback it would help me next time I post to be more accurate in what im trying to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    doesnt matter really, we are going to die in 2012
    /thread

+1 internetz

lol

do you really think it will be over in 2014, nothing after then?

as long as it keeps printing money they'll keep feeding us with 'NEW AND INTERESTING CONTENT'

ohwell, cant wait for Heart of the swarm to stop this horrible daily quest farming.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Falux View Post
    do you really think it will be over in 2014, nothing after then?
    Oh no thats is what im trying to explain. Their is no evidence that it will end in 2014, if the game makes money why would they end it. Well unless Titan works out to be awesome and the players move to that platform. The question is more for you the player to consider this as true so you can answer my question.

Repeat i dont believe WoW will end in 2014 just wanted peoples answers if were true what is next to do for them, thats all.

They won't stop. It's Blizzard, WoW brings them in a shitload of money and it will still do that in a few years, and that is way too soon for all those subs to disappear. Titan will likely be something entirely different and, say, maybe only half of the WoW players might be interested in it in the first place, while they may spend more of their focus and new ideas on that, I don't expect WoW to be purposely killed off. I won't be surprised at all if there is a WoW expansion out 10 years from now, even if there are only a couple million players left then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

You do understand what a hypothetical situation is don't you? Whether it is improbable or seems illogical is irrelevant to the OP's proposed points of discussion.
    So do you have anything useful to contribute to the hypothetical?

Business comes before art. If they can make this game last until 2150 and release 85 expansion packs, and still maintain a profit, they will do this.

Video games are big business and WoW is one of the biggest revenue sources, there is no way any company with shareholders would be allowed to stop making a profitable product without losing out in some fashion.

This game will probably be one of the longest profitable single enterprises in video gaming history when all is said and done.

This is a pretty masturbatory thread. Why does it have to be the final wow expansion? Companies don't create timelines that move indefinitely into the future, especially in the software industry which is notorious for release changes and pushbacks.