Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Our Challenge set for PvE looks frickin FANTASTIC! In all regards....

EDIT: HUGE IMAGE! Hold on..

Attempt2:..

SUCCESS!
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-08-07 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    That challenge set alone is a reason to keep my ret as my main.. I am so gonna be loving MOP this far.

I'm benching my Enhancement Shaman (only melee spec that I found even remotely fun in Cata) for a brand new ret paladin. The overall changes are a huge step in the right direction and the revised paladin toolkit is real good. I just need to get over the fact that my action bars are going to look like a piano once all my binds/macros are in place....
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so my fellow rets, what are your thoughts on the new build changes??

we got some buffs and nerfs (or tone downs, since this is beta) but the most important thing imo is santity of battle is MELEE haste again instead of spell haste

Can't have rets doing good damage. Once again TO THE GROUND.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda feel like that way...but in all seriousness, my judgements were hitting a good deal harder then my templar's verdict in some cases

where i was hitting 100k judges and 80k TVs

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Yeah I like the changes too especially for Holy Power fluidity.

But you didn't talk about lots of talents:
    LVL 75 choices:
    Holy Avenger - Well it's our new Zealotry but twice better! why? Zealotry COST 3 HoPow and give us 3 after every CS. Holy Avenger is FREE and give us 3 HoPow after using Judgement / CS / Exo!! yeah Exo - TV - Judge - TV - CS -TV - EXO -TV in..7sec? 4 tv? haste reducing our global cd make this talent awesome. At first I found it OP and seeing nerf inc BUT while using Zeal we can be lucky and proc Divine Purpose for extra TV while in MoP we won't (other talent choice) so if they decide to nerf Holy Avenger..I think it will need to consume some HoPow like Zeal does atm (wont be that bad since it's a lot easyer to have HoPow in MoP).
    During Holy Avenger you get Ashbringer + you gain 5 holy power(because Ret(I think holy does to) have the back up 2 holypower) EACH time you JUDGE, Exo(instant now with CD) or Crusader Strike a foe. but aye i'm happy and i'm basicly danceing till GC comes and smacks me with the nerf-hammer because a mage(who I might add never really got nerfed..since..wha? ever?) cries to GC about how he can't hold me at bay or steal my wings.
    also..I did around 100k dps during burn phase for about a second or a half when I popped Everything I had to pop during hero. again BETA IS beta and is subjected to change. but i'm happy

Well, our sustained dmg definitely got quite a nerf. But Templars Verdict and t4 Talents got a huge buff.

We will have to TV as often as possible. While that was the case before, it is even more so now.

I am really not sure what to take @ t4 now. Prolly Wings in PvP.. Or Holy Avenger? Or 25% divine purpose? -_-...

But Sword of Light nerf looks really heavy :/.. From 20% down to 10%.. Well, Blizzard should make sure that dmg is where it is supposed to be. But that was a lot of nerfs and I dunno if the buffs make up for that. We definitely have greater burst now, but as long as we are in line with the rest, I am okay with that. Buffing dmg is always the least bit of effort for Blizzard.. I rather do less dmg which gets fixed than having sanctity of battle scaling on caster haste which does not get fixed. So, bottom line.. It looks like the right direction again for ret.. Let's hope that there will not be another sudden u-turn from smart to retard.

Censure damage reduced by 15%.
    Hammer of Wrath damage reduced by 20%.
    Judgment damage and AP scaling reduced by 20%.
    Seal of Truth additional damage reduced to 12%, down from 14%.
    Exorcism damage reduced by 15%.
    Sword of Light now increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%, down from 20%.

Bye Bye Excitement

On a serious note, does this make truth quite close to justice now? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    During Holy Avenger you get Ashbringer + you gain 5 holy power(because Ret(I think holy does to) have the back up 2 holypower) EACH time you JUDGE, Exo(instant now with CD) or Crusader Strike a foe.
    Only 3 Holy Power per generator.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Well, our sustained dmg definitely got quite a nerf. But Templars Verdict and t4 Talents got a huge buff.
    No. Sword of Light's weapon damage buff was reduced from 20% to 10%, so it doesn't even break even. It's an overall nerf to Templar's Verdict.

Sword of Light now increases the damage you deal with two-handed melee weapons by 10%, down from 20%.

Bye Bye Excitement

In regards to the "Nerfs" they are just number adjustments. Almost every class had abilities damage reduced across the board. Don't stress it =) We are still in a decent place number-wise.

It IS interesting if trust becomes closer to justice in terms of damage though. They are def making it more appealing in terms of PvP.

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post

Bye Bye Excitement

you just said exactly what I was going to lol...just when I got excited, we get hit with a nerf bat to the knee....at this point so many nerf bat hits over the years I want to call the police and get blizzard arrested for domestic violence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    you just said exactly what I was going to lol...just when I got excited, we get hit with a nerf bat to the knee....at this point so many nerf bat hits over the years I want to call the police and get blizzard arrested for domestic violence...
    As Vayra said, almost every other DPS spec got tuned down. They're not 'nerfs' by any stretch of the imagination. As it's been mentioned in other threads: Ret is middle-of-the-pack DPS on beta. If the whole pack gets moved down, the middle moves too.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bartuck View Post
    I'm benching my Enhancement Shaman (only melee spec that I found even remotely fun in Cata) for a brand new ret paladin. The overall changes are a huge step in the right direction and the revised paladin toolkit is real good. I just need to get over the fact that my action bars are going to look like a piano once all my binds/macros are in place....
    Glad you're enjoying the new class as well

I'm retiring my 2.2k Moonkin/Feral that i've been palying for 7+ years ~_~;; It's an odd feelings haha.

As for the actions bars, i honestly had to get a razor naga for pvp ret. Having party 1-3 for wog freedom bop and sac is HUGE. PvE you can probably make due without it though :3 Just keep yourself organized so it makes sense to you.

Ret is looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    As Vayra said, almost every other DPS spec got tuned down. They're not 'nerfs' by any stretch of the imagination. As it's been mentioned in other threads: Ret is middle-of-the-pack DPS on beta. If the whole pack gets moved down, the middle moves too.
    My biggest concerns are;

1. They nerfed sword of light pretty heavily. This is very risky imo, it will have a massive effect on our damage, that I don't completely expect they know about. Look what happened when they tweaked warriors one? They went from being UP to OP. Everyone got abilities nerfed, as did we, plus we got a flat out 10% nerf. If this all levels out to be the same as it was before, in terms of dps meters, fine. But I think that the Sword of light change was pretty OTT, and unfortunately have little faith left to believe that if it is they will bother fixing it, at least before launch.

2. The nerfs also included buffs to our burst damage? This is just wrong. They nerfed our sustained and buffed our burst (provided you dont take sanctified wrath). This doesn't make any sense, it means that all the hard work they have done in this expansion has been destroyed. We will still be pop pot, guardian, stack all burst cooldowns. Majority of people do not like to play WITH this kind of class (pvp team) or play against it, it will, like history has shown, be nerfed. And once it does, its highly unlikely we will get this sustained back that they tried so hard to move us towards. Its just a disappointment really.

Yeah, the Sword of Light change is what worried me the most out of all of the nerfs. It doesn't matter what numbers they adjust if we're getting a flat 10% damage reduction to all our melee (which now includes Judgement). What really sucks is the Exo nerf, I was really starting to love it being used on cooldown for massive ranged damage. With the Holy Avenger change we're going to go back to being the class at the top of the meters...for the first 20 seconds of the fight.

Honestly, blizzard made it perfectly clear their vision for ret is not just burst damage. They are just still numbers tweaking, we are going to see a hell of a lot more of it between now and into MoP. There is a thread already going about our "Nerfs" Lets try to keep the conversation positive and constructive here! =3

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Glad you're enjoying the new class as well

I'm retiring my 2.2k Moonkin/Feral that i've been palying for 7+ years ~_~;; It's an odd feelings haha.

As for the actions bars, i honestly had to get a razor naga for pvp ret. Having party 1-3 for wog freedom bop and sac is HUGE. PvE you can probably make due without it though :3 Just keep yourself organized so it makes sense to you.

Ret is looking good!

Yeah Pve is simple with a basic mouse / keyboard. Pvp you're almost hindering yourself without a Naga.

Also Mal, those challenge sets are beautiful. Take all my money.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Do we know what would be the best profession for ret pally? Or do we still need to wait a bit longer to see if 1 primary stat is better or worse than 2 secondary stat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahiro View Post
    Do we know what would be the best profession for ret pally? Or do we still need to wait a bit longer to see if 1 primary stat is better or worse than 2 secondary stat?
    Engineering is one. Not sure what the second one is, personally. All I know is I'm not changing my Blacksmithing.