Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The intro stage being instanced would be a nicer touch. That way it could be a little slower paced to let people get a bit more hang of what was going on. Showcasing what was happening with the downed state, giving ample opportunity to show off the Dodge mechanic, etc.

Not to mention the emphasis of "YOU'RE THE HERO" whatever in the Personal Story.
    Wish the forums weren't closed, because it's something I should have posted about. ><
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Wish the forums weren't closed, because it's something I should have posted about. ><
    "You're the hero together with all 700.000 other players, which makes it obviously painful to even utter those words, so I'll just NOT" Good choice Anet, good choice.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-07-24 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Aye there are a few suggestions I wished I had posted.

To be fair though, the official forums were a mess this BWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskulap View Post
    I still find the usage of dodge to be rather intuitive after just pressing the button once or twice in combat, I do however admit, that I completely forgot about the downed state and ressing. The former I find to be obvious enough (I mean, there's not much to 'get,' what with there being a red bar representing the remains of your health and 4 abilities with explained effects. It maybe should be mentioned you'll be revived if you manage to kill a mob, I guess, though the way starter events are set up, most people should figure that out anyhow.)

Ressing does differ from other MMOs,though there's always a shiny icon above a dead player, and such things tend to invoke curiosity and bring players to move there (making them see the "revive" option). They could, of course, just as easily add a dead NPC to each starting event and have you ress him, just to make sure you get the idea.

One thing they definitely should do, however, is change the icon above dead pets to something different - can't count the times I've started ressing a ranger's pet, thinking it was a player.

Edit: Oh, yes, and I do agree that the tutorial bosses don't convey their attacks all that well, which leads to sudden deaths, but on the plus side, at least you get to see the downed state =)
    Shut up and ress my pet!