Deleted

[GW2 pvp] Dueling

As gw2wiki states, dueling will not be implemented upon release, but may be later.

During Beta weekend 3, I was trying to find ways one could make a "custom match" on a pvp set for him and his friends but all I found was either WvWvW or BG style pvp.

I am not sure why Arena Net wouldn't impement such a feature. One might wish to practice pvp somewhere with his friends... learn how to play, whats effective, whats not.
    Being thrown into WvWvW fights or even BG's is chaotic especially for the new players.

I believe custom servers are in the plans eventually as well. I guess I can understand custom servers not being at release... but dueling? Really?

I thought they planned on making it so you could create custom pvp servers, like set how many players could join and add a password so you could play only with friends and people you invited. This was the solution to dueling that people kept saying, create a server, add a password, and duel your friend or whoever inside.

Deleted
    Well, I just hope that either "custom match" (passwords etc) or dueling is implemented, even if not in release at least a little while after.

I tried pvp with almost 0 knowledge of other classes and minimal of mine (war) - Didnt even know what killed me most time.

This feeling when you're a total noob. Priceless, but can be frustrating after some time

Deleted
    Also inspect option, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Agga View Post
    Also inspect option, anyone?
    Gear doesn't have a huge emphasis on importance, hence no need to have an inspect.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Well that's very disappointing truly. Duelling and one of the the best things in a game, specially one such as gw2. I hope it's really SOON after release...

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Gear doesn't have a huge emphasis on importance, hence no need to have an inspect.
    Finding nice looking pieces of gear is important to many an inspect would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Finding nice looking pieces of gear is important to many an inspect would be nice.
    Why? The stats on that dudes gear is going to be equivalent to yours... There's not going to be anything he's wearing that you couldn't be wearing in terms of stats. The only difference would be what that gear looks like aesthetically, and you could find that out by asking the guy. You know, talking, that thing we're not supposed to do in MMO's anymore apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    Why? The stats on that dudes gear is going to be equivalent to yours... There's not going to be anything he's wearing that you couldn't be wearing in terms of stats. The only difference would be what that gear looks like aesthetically, and you could find that out by asking the guy. You know, talking, that thing we're not supposed to do in MMO's anymore apparently.
    Knowing the names of gear pieces would be much easier to find them, as then you could actually type that into a search and just go with it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

For aesthetics, but a skill inspection would be good too

Disagree. Its fun and interesting to see what choices other players make, what skill points they choose, the achieves etc. Gives the game more depth and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Knowing the names of gear pieces would be much easier to find them, as then you could actually type that into a search and just go with it.
    It seems I misread that. I blame a 14 hour work day....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I think it is best that gear is not named so people actually HAVE to search for it. Might be a problem for whoever is wearing the shiny stuff though, might get bothered a lot.

Deleted
    just stick dueling in there it's fun for a bit of dicking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Disagree. Its fun and interesting to see what choices other players make, what skill points they choose, the achieves etc. Gives the game more depth and personality.
    Well you could just ask them and work toward the "social" part of a mmorpg. They might not bite your head off.

I don't about that. I was doing a world raid boss, some worm in the sylvari area and most the elementalists carried a similar staves to the ones I had picked up. Then this one guy rocked up with a glowing staff completely different from any others I had seen. I certainly wanted to inspect that guy.

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind having a certain field in the mist where people can duel. Mist is like the home for pvpers where everyone will meet so it would fit in well.
    Duels or making own battles is good when you want to try out new skills, or a new profession or whatev. It should def be implemented some way.

I tried many times to inspect people (without luck ofc), so I would really like to have that option =)