Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are having this issue, according to angry posts on FB. This contest was handled just about as badly as it could have been, save maybe randomly choosing winners.

I commented on a GW2 post yesterday warning them that leaving it up to voting BEFORE selecting finalists is not a good idea. And now -- it is like thunderdome. Oh well, all they wanted was to people share share share and they will accomplish this.

Good luck!
    The way I see it, they intended it to be a mass-advertising from the contestants, to get people to vote, then they choose the six best so some dickass doesn't win with a shot of his character's feet just because he knows a lot of people.

I just WISH they'd have done it on their own site, but hey, no free advertising from easy facebook shares if they did. I can understand exactly why they've done it the way they did, but I don't have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    The way I see it, they intended it to be a mass-advertising from the contestants, to get people to vote, then they choose the six best so some dickass doesn't win with a shot of his character's feet just because he knows a lot of people.

I just WISH they'd have done it on their own site, but hey, no free advertising from easy facebook shares if they did. I can understand exactly why they've done it the way they did, but I don't have to like it.
    Yeah, plus I feel like when I go to the next page, I see half of the same pictures as the page before...not sure what's up with that. Lots of flaws. Oh well. Not worth my time. Still some really cool shots on there that I saw. Too purty!

Deleted
    ermahgerd it now has 348 pages

dayum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

dayum
    They keep dicking around with the amount of shots displayed on each page. When I submitted Emily's shot, it was on page 8 (where it is now... with PEDRO!), then I panicked and couldn't find it when they'd made it huge pages with three times as much. Now it's back to how it was.

In a semi-related question. Did they remove the option of HD-screenshots?

Deleted
    Gonna copy and paste my response word for word =p Easier

Hi-res seemed to be missing this BWE. It was buggy in the last two, with water and some particle effects. My shots ended up looking like this -

Yah i had a few HD screens come out weird, but overall the vast majority turned out pretty good. Much better then the default screenshot function that doesnt auto-hide UI and has a flat out worst quality.

I really hope we'll see this feature again upon release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Yah i had a few HD screens come out weird, but overall the vast majority turned out pretty good. Much better then the default screenshot function that doesnt auto-hide UI and has a flat out worst quality.

I really hope we'll see this feature again upon release.
    I got this really annoying thing in which the screens I took without caring that much came out FINE, but the ones I really wanted to come out nicely fucked up.
    So yeah I hope it comes back, but I hope it's fixed.

Deleted
    http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2?v...53A127990%257D

Just popping that in again =3 I'm on 41 (to Pedro's 69!). Not sure how many will be needed to keep me in the top 20, so fingers crossed. Going to try to drum up a bit more support too =)

Deleted

Just popping that in again =3 I'm on 41 (to Pedro's 69!). Not sure how many will be needed to keep me in the top 20, so fingers crossed. Going to try to drum up a bit more support too =)
    That's what's wrong with this contest. It isn't an actual artistic contest as it should be, but a popularity one won by how persistent you are in forcing people to vote for you. I won't lie and say that I looked through all the screens, maybe 1/20 of them, but even those that i saw were way higher in quality and artistic approach then yours is Emily. I'd say good luck but i pitty the people who put actual time and effort into making a beautiful screenshot and ended up with squat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickity View Post
    That's what's wrong with this contest. It isn't an actual artistic contest as it should be, but a popularity one won by how persistent you are in forcing people to vote for you. I won't lie and say that I looked through all the screens, maybe 1/20 of them, but even those that i saw were way higher in quality and artistic approach then yours is Emily. I'd say good luck but i pitty the people who put actual time and effort into making a beautiful screenshot and ended up with squat.
    Of course not. It's all marketing, and it's sad. I've posted exactly what they're doing further up this page. There are some fantastic shots out there, but one I saw with high votes was just some dude's sylvari in front of a swamp.

There are 8400 screenshots posted. Nobody is going to look through them all. Though, I would disagree with your points on quality and artistic approach. My graphics were set to highest, and artistic quality is subjective. Just picked two at random and I come up with these -

There's another that's just character creation of a naked human female with huge breasts. That shot of Emily took about thirty shots to get perfectly. No clipping with the gun and her hand, just the right amount of sky vs ground. That tall building? I chose to cut the top off because there was too little of the actual city otherwise.

It may not look like it, but a lot of effort goes into taking these.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:05 PM ----------

Actually, did I say thirty? Sorry, I meant sixty six. Have a look -

http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/...milys%20shots/

Quote Originally Posted by Wickity View Post
    I am hoping that a large portion of the contestants that are entered in the contest submit their information here, this will ensure it becomes less of a popularity contest and more about quality and personal preferences. Get the word out that this post exist within your online communities and tell them to post there submission here. Good Luck!

Hey
    Here's hoping that that the around 40+ screen shots I had to go through in order to get just the right amount of in your face power release happening actually translates to you all through the link.
    Asura+lightning=poor poor Moa bird ^_^

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2?...53A131568%257D

Last edited by Nexrex; 2012-07-24 at 10:57 PM.

There are 8400 screenshots posted. Nobody is going to look through them all.
    They are poorly organized unless I'm missing something to at the very least separate the action and landscape screenshots. Plus, there's no way that I could find to even scroll through them, a slideshow or anything, and I am not about to individually click on 8400 different screenshots.

Though, I would disagree with your points on quality and artistic approach. My graphics were set to highest, and artistic quality is subjective.

There's another that's just character creation of a naked human female with huge breasts. That shot of Emily took about thirty shots to get perfectly. No clipping with the gun and her hand, just the right amount of sky vs ground. That tall building? I chose to cut the top off because there was too little of the actual city otherwise.

It may not look like it, but a lot of effort goes into taking these.
    I hear you. I entered a few different screenshot competitions for Rift and was never once chosen as a finalist despite the amount of time and effort I'd put into finding the perfect location, outfit, positioning, and finally snapping the screenshot at a precise moment in an animation. Meanwhile, the winners would be a screenshot of a graphical bug or someone dancing naked in the capital. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They are poorly organized unless I'm missing something to at the very least separate the action and landscape screenshots. Plus, there's no way that I could find to even scroll through them, a slideshow or anything, and I am not about to individually click on 8400 different screenshots.

I hear you. I entered a few different screenshot competitions for Rift and was never once chosen as a finalist despite the amount of time and effort I'd put into finding the perfect location, outfit, positioning, and finally snapping the screenshot at a precise moment in an animation. Meanwhile, the winners would be a screenshot of a graphical bug or someone dancing naked in the capital. :\
    Please tell you're friends that are in the contest to post here!
    Last edited by sim0533; 2012-07-25 at 08:35 AM.

Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Exactly! I was going to say that they should have at least put the action and landscape screenshots in separate categories. That could have helped organize it a little better.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

dayum

Get crackin!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrymuffin View Post
    Exactly! I was going to say that they should have at least put the action and landscape screenshots in separate categories. That could have helped organize it a little better.
    Welcome to the GW2 sub forum :3

But yes, the way they organized this event was horrible,
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Welcome to the GW2 sub forum :3

But yes, the way they organized this event was horrible,

Thanks! Glad to be here!

Deleted
    Drumming up a last bit of support! I'm on 54 votes, getting another ten or twenty would be fantastic!

Ha, they removed the my little pony screenshots.

*Also edited my first post on the first page, included a link to a large version of my GW2 Screenshots. <.< Facebook seems to be blarg for some peoples.
    Last edited by Galueru; 2012-07-25 at 04:26 PM.