Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I should have known better than to bother pointing out these issues. Nowadays the kiddies can't handle any constructive criticism because they cannot handle anyone saying anything that isn't completely and 100% favourable to Gw2.

I find it almost funny that people think the jittering and all the other clear issues are intended. If they were intended, then arena net really need to sort themselves out. I can't imagine a dev saying. 'I know what will make the game better, let's add jittering! Oh and when you turn, let's zoom your characters face in!'
    People like you and Ickz who belittle others for not agreeing with you are a plague upon the entire gaming industry.

I didn't find any issues with the camera so I'm probably a kiddie or a "pvenerd" right? If you don't like something and want it to be changed, then make a constructive post on the GW2 official forums so ANet can see your feedback, don't come here posting a video that doesn't prove anything and then talk down to others when they don't agree with you. These aren't the official GW2 forums and ANet won't see your video here anyway.

I said it in your previous thread: Your graphics are very bad and i had no complaints with the camera myself (a wow guild mate however had).

Off Topic: How about the die hard GW2 fans stop tying everything to "Skill". Every drawback is somehow a stroke of genius intended to bring depth to the rich pvp experience. Just chillax and stop attacking every little complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oray View Post
    The movement and cameras in GW2 have a terrible issues and for me it IS game braking. I really can't understand, how this is not bothering more people and everyone says everything is all right, while it's most definitely not. But yeah, I guess some people are not that picky and they just want to play, even if it's a broken game.
    I dont have any problems , cause i spin the camera in WoW and GW2 as fast i can in order to survive , making random dudes at the internet cafe to vomit .
    My brain is used to that kind accelaration these years , feeling 24/7 that i have taken Ecstasy and in the end forcing myself to drink in order to tone it down .

Some ppl have problem with the camera , while some other not so much (any change is welcomed)
    But Arenanet will listen to the comment done in the official forums , and not a specific person that makes 3 threads -wishing for the camera of wow and call us babies for having a different opinion !
    (i still wonder about the hide everything in the map , for the explorers althought , *if they listen to fansites*)
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-07-24 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Off Topic: How about the die hard GW2 fans stop tying everything to "Skill". Every drawback is somehow a stroke of genius intended to bring depth to the rich pvp experience. Just chillax and stop attacking every little complain.
    No one in this thread has said the word 'Skill'. o.O
    The closest I remember seeing was someone against the camera calling anyone who likes the camera a "PvEnerd".

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, hes removing the "negative" comments on his video.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Lol, hes removing the "negative" comments on his video.
    Hope he doesn't forget to hide the like/dislike bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    i still wonder about the hide everything in the map , for the explorers althought
    If it is an option: Sure.

But i like my points of interest visible.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-07-24 at 12:07 PM.

I have something about keyboard turning here..... now where is it..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    yep my thoughts exactly OP, i just couldn't put up with these things maybe if the game was truly revolutionary as they said, then i could, but alas it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    If it i a non-mandatory option: Sure.
    Indeed, he's referring to a conversation about the option to hide waypoints/DEs/hearts on the map/minimap, like you can in.. most games with maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Hope he doesn't forget to hide the like/dislike bar.
    Reminds me of North Korea.

Sorry, true Korea.

Deleted
    If you stick something over your monitor where the character is and watch the background the 'speed' issue he's talking about magically goes away which leads me to believe the op just dislikes the character animations - which ARE working as intended.

I'm serious, try it. Focus on the back ground and the movement looks beautiful and seamless. it moves perfectly with his mouse.

Like I said before.. non issue.
    you gonna play with your screen covered then ? have fun, it is an issue because it effects people...

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    yep my thoughts exactly OP, i just couldn't put up with these things maybe if the game was truly revolutionary as they said, then i could, but alas it isn't.
    The game is what Anet said the game was. If by 'they' you are referring to the fanboys, they're generally not the people you want to listen to for information about ANY game. I'm sure if you asked fans about SW:TOR a few weeks before release you would hear some wild things about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The game is what Anet said the game was. If by 'they' you are referring to the fanboys, they're generally not the people you want to listen to for information about ANY game. I'm sure if you asked fans about SW:TOR a few weeks before release you would hear some wild things about the game.
    It's gonna revolutionize the gaming industry baby. Mark my words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and another thing..

Maybe us "fanbois" wouldn't jump to defend gw2 so much if people could critique the game with being so fucking condescending.

you gonna play with your covered then ? have fun, it is an issue because it effects people...
    The point Snow was trying to make in the post was that the camera is fine and it is the character animations that the OP has an issue with. I personally don't see how not liking how your character looks like he's slowing down (when he's not) or turns his head when you turn your camera is gamebreaking, especially when it comes to PvP (which the video/thread liked to focus on) but to each his own.

I have watched your video and I would say that the problem is simply your personal preference. I, for once, love GW2 movement and animations because it has inertia. Its realistic and I don't find it slow or chunky. Of course, its very different from WoW, for example, which does not have inertia (and thus, the movement appears to be instantaneous). Its one of these basic game choices one can either like or not. But to say that its even an issue is a bit too much - its akin to saying that a visual style of a game (which is a completely subjective judgement) is an issue.

As to the camera problems — I agree that there are some annoyances, especially with auto-zoom in a forest or similar situations. This is rather easy to overcome though, just zoom the camera closer manually. I don't think there is a straightforward way to solve this problem automatically - this is an issue of 3rd person 3D environment. Or do you prefer to stare at your character through a wall?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    (i still wonder about the hide everything in the map , for the explorers althought , *if they listen to fansites*)
    That feature was added in the last BWE. On the world map there was a small eye icon in the bottom left hand corner with which you could disable all icons, apart from the waypoints, on the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    you gonna play with your screen covered then ? have fun, it is an issue because it effects people...
    I don't stare at my character when I'm playing the game. I look at what my oponenets are doing. Remember there is no casting bar, you'll be watching other peoples animations for queues to interupt, dodge etc. Maybe that's why they're slowed down in the first place?

Oh and another thing..

Maybe us "fanbois" wouldn't jump to defend gw2 so much if people could critique the game with being so fucking condescending.
    I was put off by the game, because of the "fucking condescending" threads around MMO-C where GW2 fans acted high and mighty to anyone who was not part of their inner circle.

I am glad i gave the game a try and enjoyed it far more than any other game in the last 5 years. No one can ruin a game like its player base.