Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Would You Buy This Game If It Was Made?

So here is a 5 minute brainstorm of a game idea that has been chewing away at my memory.

–Genre is 3d MMO PFS/TPS Survival Post-Apocalypse Horror game for PC and Mac.

-In a post-apocalyptic earth (Somewhere in 2100s?) filled mutants, and rogue machines/robots.

-Could include massive boss NPCs that take many people to even have a chance to defeat. They should drop amazing loot/salvagable items.

-PvP is encouraged

-3 layers of accessible terrain (Upper city districts/Lower city districts/Underground and Sewers.

-The general idea of what the MMO should be is a FPS/Third person shooter (Adjustable?) that encourages survival (Find and eat food or face consequences) and territorial dominance (Think of it like how sovereignty works in Eve Online works, except 95% different).

-Binary Domain-esque graphics (Could easily be different but just my favorite style)

-Server is a gigantic persistent world/server, as it makes PvP and controlling territories just that more precious.

-World layout could be something like 2 large (harder difficulty but better loot) cities surrounded by 5 or so medium cities (Starter zones?) a bit of wilderness surrounding all of it.

-A player based auction house and store that you can buy from, but you'll have to transport/get the good for yourself from the location where the person auctioned/sold the item from

-Could include the manufacturing and salvaging of items with materials or other items.

-Only the cities have the 3 layer aspect, so the wilderness, I guess, is somewhere to maybe avoid contact with most enemy NPCS and serves as a resource-filled land.

-End-game/mid-game includes vehicles such as trucks and assault walker mechs, shielded , and cloaked armor.

-Price could be 30$ to 50$ for the initial game and 10$ to 15$ monthly for the subscription, assuming that it is not a micro transaction fueled game.

Take note that this is just a 3 minute brainstorm i did while i was bored...

Also, what improvements would you make to this idea?
    Last edited by linbob132; 2012-07-24 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    Fallout online then? Already folks working on it I think.

Nope. I don't see how this game is any different from other FPSes other than the persistent world with mobs.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    How come i wasn't informed of this. T.T
    Im so going to check that out... fallout has been one of my favorite games...

edit: Well, since i now know that fallout online is coming, there is probably 0 reasons to why this idea is good...

edit#2: i just looked it up and it said that the project was cancelled due to copyright issues...
    Last edited by linbob132; 2012-07-24 at 09:37 AM.

Current MMOs are too restrictive. The next generation will need more options. You know Second Life ? You can code the behaviour of objects. That's fun. Add that to a real MMO with an improved crafting system and you can craft custom golems and pets, custom traps, custom everything. Actual skill would be required i the crafting system.

Now add the possibility to (somewhat) modify the world EvE-style. Imagine you find a nice place deep in a thick forest. You build a house and you place traps everywhere. They stay after you disconnect. Congratulation, you claimed a piece of land you can defend !

I'd like that.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    Current MMOs are too restrictive. The next generation will need more options. You know Second Life ? You can code the behaviour of objects. That's fun. Add that to a real MMO with an improved crafting system and you can craft custom golems and pets, custom traps, custom everything. Actual skill would be required i the crafting system.

Now add the possibility to (somewhat) modify the world EvE-style. Imagine you find a nice place deep in a thick forest. You build a house and you place traps everywhere. They stay after you disconnect. Congratulation, you claimed a piece of land you can defend !

I'd like that.
    That, i can 100% agree on. MMO's are currently too restrictive of the interaction from the players to its content.

Seems like the Day - Z mod but i have not played it(i want to but steam summer sale wiped me out ) But if it was an mmo i think that would make it less fun in the sense of having to maintain it all the time ya know. IDK its a good idea mate

FallenEarth was one of those that snuck up from out of no where; I remember seeing it when it was in Beta, but had forgotten about it until it went live. I haven't played for... maybe a year and a half? already.....
    Though they did do a purdy good job on it. I had quit playing it to join what all of my RL friends are, and while they've moved on - again - I'm still playing SWTOR (at least for a while longer.)
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

A potential Guild Wars 2 copy, in the same way RIFT is a copy of WoW?

The information given is not enough info, and doesn't hook me anymore than Day Z and Fallout 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Fallout online then? Already folks working on it I think.
    A Fallout MMO has the potential to be really awesome.

I mean, if it was pretty much like Fallout 3/New Vegas except bigger and with more people.
    But it's a shame technology won't allow such a big game with such graphics just yet. The screenshots from Fallout Online are underwhelming.

Also, an MMO is quite hard to get right. If done properly, it's so awesome. But there's a big chance to screw up and deliver a mediocre or bad game.