Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gw2 Guilds Database

"This site is intended to provide a central database of guilds along with important information such as the server they are rolling on, their approximate member count, and their gameplay focus.

Currently you can browse guilds, browse servers, and submit guilds to the database (all guilds will be checked and approved by a moderator). "

http://www.gw2guilds.org/

Pretty cool if you ask me

Already 36 guilds registered. Its growing crazy fast.
    Last edited by mmoc76b2c943a2; 2012-07-24 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Thx 4 sharing

135 guilds registered already. Pretty impressed with how quick its growing.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 01:44 PM ----------

200 guilds and growing fast, tweaks and features are being planned/added. Give him some feedback on the site and he's pretty quick to implement stuff if its worth it/viable.
    Last edited by wookybear; 2012-07-24 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo fail
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be an invaluable database to anyone looking to join a guild after release and everything has settled down. Great tool.

Is it true that the guild tag can only be 4 letters long?

God I hope they change that. Am I the only one pissed off about it? A friend of mine and i want to make a guild in GW2 and it's really annoying us (well, guess hes another one then). That said I only have his word on the 4 digit limit and he has said he isnt 100% sure that is the case.

Judging by the list it seems so, but one guild is registered with the tag 'AEGIS' ?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

God I hope they change that. Am I the only one pissed off about it? A friend of mine and i want to make a guild in GW2 and it's really annoying us (well, guess hes another one then). That said I only have his word on the 4 digit limit and he has said he isnt 100% sure that is the case.

Judging by the list it seems so, but one guild is registered with the tag 'AEGIS' ?
    they probably have that funny AE letter Æ <<< so its ÆGIS

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a great tool. I would suggest that every guild in this community register on it.

DarkAcademic did a great job with this site and adding features to it!

Would this be a semi-reliable way to see what the populations are going to be by server? It seems as though I'd want to be on a server that has a lot of players and that has a lot of PvP guilds for WvWvW battles. I've heard that WvWvW battles usually go to the side that has the most players in the battle. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    Would this be a semi-reliable way to see what the populations are going to be by server? It seems as though I'd want to be on a server that has a lot of players and that has a lot of PvP guilds for WvWvW battles. I've heard that WvWvW battles usually go to the side that has the most players in the battle. Is that true?
    Can't really judge how WvW will be based on BWEs. It was very zerg friendly though. After launch though, people will begin to really learn how to play though. There will always be zerging, but a well supplied keep that has been properly fortified will decimate an unorganized zerg. The battles will also be three-way for a random factor and servers will be pitted against other servers of relatively equal strength.

OT: Guildless myself. Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

It's true that the tag is only 4 characters but your actual guild name can be much longer. Some guilds make their tag an acronym or abbreviation of their full name, others don't. In my GW1 alliance there is one guild that is called "Gasping For [AIR]".

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    Not really. When the server is commited to WvW itll fill up the map anyway, and then it reaches the cap. Also ive done WvW where the two other servers ganged up on us for a while, and we still kept them at bay.

Strategy, coordination and planning is whats most important. 200 ppl running around like headless chicken can only dream to be as effective as 5 people who brought supplies and a battering ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    bumping this thread so that it stays on pg 1. Hoping for more guilds to register!

Database now has 447 guilds. Im starting to doubt there is anywhere with more comprehensive guild info pre-launch.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is widely successful. Great way to see where particular guilds are planning to be. Maybe the site could be linked in our recruitment thread as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    It's true that the tag is only 4 characters but your actual guild name can be much longer. Some guilds make their tag an acronym or abbreviation of their full name, others don't. In my GW1 alliance there is one guild that is called "Gasping For [AIR]".
    yes, but from what I can gather nobody outside of the guild ever see's your Guild name. Only the tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice website - just added my guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    I always hated that, most of them were downright stupid

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing this. Great tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see they got the guild alliances function working now - good job
    Valar morghulis