Thread: [Ret] Judgment?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ok...well....for whatever reason judgement is procing seal of justice, and censure. So....nerf inc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't tempt them. I'd personally like to maintain the ability to keep censure on a target at range.

I think a nerf will come, but probably only to Judgment's interaction with Seal of Justice, like Seal of Justice's duration applied with Judgment, or not proccing at all, even. I don't think they're going to do any major changes at this point. Maybe next patch.

Deleted
    Hey, i've just tryed on PTR, as you have already said judgement apply censure and procs seal, but can also be dodged and parryed... Hoping is just a bug, can someone post on the US beta forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of some people in pvp, you shouldnt need to worry about judgment being dodged or parried unless you arent exp capped or are attacking from the front of the boss.

Deleted
    Of course in pve is totally fine (atleast for ret). The real problem is in pvp especially vs high dodge chance classes like rogues ferals etc. This change (if intended) compromises the Hp generation and also ruin our only way to reach the target plus our survivability.
    Last edited by mmocdba97036cd; 2012-08-03 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Ok...well....for whatever reason judgement is procing seal of justice, and censure. So....nerf inc?
    No need to nerf, Its actually a good change so Rets can pickup repentance or FoJ if they use Seal of Justice. Holy and prot will still need to get BoG in order to snare targets and ret will get BoG he if uses seal of truth.
    Don't forget that judging seal of Justice, it can be dispelled while BoG can't.
    Last edited by ducklino; 2012-08-03 at 09:08 AM.

Dodge and parry in Pvp is pretty frustrating, aside from agility users getting more dodge than strength uses get parry, (AND they get crit - isn't agility Giving slightly too many stats for Pvp? Though I getting he classes are balanced around critting a lot..) it's just another RNG mechanic that could be better of being removed for player vs player. That or let 'exp cap' or w.e it's going to be actually stop the RNG completely in Pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Dodge and parry in Pvp is pretty frustrating, aside from agility users getting more dodge than strength uses get parry, (AND they get crit - isn't agility Giving slightly too many stats for Pvp? Though I getting he classes are balanced around critting a lot..) it's just another RNG mechanic that could be better of being removed for player vs player. That or let 'exp cap' or w.e it's going to be actually stop the RNG completely in Pvp.
    I always thought it made sense for Strength users to get Crit from strength if it was their highest primary stat and parry if stam was their highest stat and be the same for agi. Crit for agi unless your highest stat was stam and the gain dodge from it. That way tanks were all effected the same way and dps classes were all effected the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes too much sense, req. Duh.

News from the floating skull!
    Latest finds from doing hitting dummies for an hour.

* Judgment can be dodge/parried from 30 yds away
    * Hammer of the Righteous is really bugged.
    ---- Nova is doing only 1-2 damage at several AP levels
    ---- It really only hits for 0 yds.

So, blues might want to check this... if that's ok with you... that is...
    These are simple bugs, and are fixed for the next build. Also, a clarification on the previous update about Judgment and its interaction with seals: Seal of Truth will affect Judgment (both damage and Censure application). The other seals will not.
    There we go, Judgment stacking Censure is back (can we get some cheers for this one?), Judgment shouldn't be dodged/parried unless I read it wrong (for this one, too?) and Seal of Justice does not make Burden of Guilt redundant.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    News from the floating skull!
    There we go, Judgment stacking Censure is back (can we get some cheers for this one?), Judgment shouldn't be dodged/parried unless I read it wrong (for this one, too?) and Seal of Justice does not make Burden of Guilt redundant.
    I think it's safe to say that they intend Judgment not to be parried/dodged from that, yeah - I wasn't expecting that one. I was expecting that at least Seal of Justice wasn't going to proc on Judgment, though. I think he's also saying that Judgment will go back to damage-scaling with Censure stacks, however - which is a bummer but I guess it's to be expected with it going back to refreshing Censure.

I think that what Zarhym means is that Judgment will be affected by Seal of Truth's 14% damage bonus to melee attacks, not that Censure-based scaling would return.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I think that what Zarhym means is that Judgment will be affected by Seal of Truth's 14% damage bonus to melee attacks, not that Censure-based scaling would return.
    I hope that's what he meant, 'cause I wouldn't mind a small buff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I wouldn't mind a large buff myself, but I'll take what I can get that's positive at this stage.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    I wouldn't mind a large buff myself, but I'll take what I can get that's positive at this stage.
    Yeah given that on the PTR Judgement is proccing both Censure and Seal of Truth, I'm pretty sure that's all he means; I wouldn't expect Judgment damage to once again depend on Censure tracks. This also now makes Glyph of Double Jeopardy flow very well with rolling multiple Censures, if anything the Glyph barely made any sense before Judgement stacked censure again, for Ret anyways, since 20% damage to our weakest attack in only some situations was pretty crappy.

Sadly, I guess it's now confirmed that Justice and Righteousness are not supposed to proc seals (though I really don't see why Righteousness isn't supposed to, it has almost no PvP use, and it's lame having to use a single target attack during AoE), for some reasons Judgement is not proccing Seal of Isnight, so no change there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Also, a clarification on the previous update about Judgment and its interaction with seals: Seal of Truth will affect Judgment (both damage and Censure application). The other seals will not.
    If Seal of Truth is affecting Judgment's damage, I'm not sure we can call this a buff.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If Seal of Truth is affecting Judgment's damage, I'm not sure we can call this a buff.
    That was just an awkward way of saying that Judgement will proc Seal of Truth and Censure.

That's only awkward because we're thinking about Judgment and Seal of Truth in terms of its current mechanics, and no one on really live cares for SoT's direct damage component compared to Censure, while in the Beta it's a much bigger, better-scaling, percentage-based contribution to direct damage. If Censure-based scaling was reimplemented, Zarhym would have been more specific.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does somebody know when the change concerning melee haste affecting SoB will be put on Beta ? GC said it's the intend but it's not on Beta actually and we don't even know if it will be put before MoP launch.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.