14 2.32%

4 0.66%

22 3.64%
  • 0 (cuz I'm a troll)

37 6.13%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By using an actual system, and not just making up a number that feels right, it's an 8.8 for me.

In order to give a game a 0/10, it would have to not even function...

I gave it a nine. I won't necessarily say it meets the standards the masses would expect from a nine, but it's exactly what I wanted it to be, and what I expected it to be, but still has room for improvement (mainly usability issues). Basically I have no faults with the game because nothing fell short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    By using an actual system, and not just making up a number that feels right, it's a 8.8 for me.
    Curious as to your system. :O!

Considering the entire point of a rating is to subjectively rate it. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm of the opinion that non-trolls would at least give it a 1.
    Lets just agree to purge all "10s" and "0s" for the sake of fairness.

Curious as to your system. :O!

Considering the entire point of a rating is to subjectively rate it. :P
    Along with having mathematical formulae for rating video games, he also has one for determining if someone will be a serial killer.

But yea what Drake said, shits subjective.

i.e. you're all wrong. I'm right, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Lets just agree to purge all "10s" and "0s" for the sake of fairness.
    No. Because games rated that low would simply be games that don't even function, as suggested above. A game rated a 10 would be a game that you found no flaws with.

A game rated a 1 would be like "Well, it works, but my god does it suck." Like if Guild Wars 2 graphics were all 2D stick-men, and you pushed a single button to play the game the entire way, and it only had 5 levels.

A "fanboy" might be the sort to vote a 10, but that doesn't mean only fanboys would vote 10. Guild Wars 2 obviously functions and runs, and most of the critics of the game who look at the game objectively say "It's a solid game, but I don't like it."
    To ignore that it's a solid game and simply not your kind of game and to just mindlessly bash it and say "Ha, it's a 0" is... honestly, just bashing for the sake of bashing. O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-24 at 11:51 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10/10, Loved every BWE, can't wait for release.

Obviously there will be flaws and bugs in every game, but there have been so many things i liked so the flaws haven't bothered me too much which is why i picked 10.
    Last edited by Harnace; 2012-07-25 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10, it's everything i've wanted/expected and more, i don't think there's ever been a game i've played that's put every little thing i've liked into a game, now are there some things i would like to see changed? Yeah, but the thing is, if they didn't change it i'd still enjoy it, so i don't see any way it's flawed IN MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

No. Because games rated that low would simply be games that don't even function, as suggested above. A game rated a 10 would be a game that you found no flaws with.

A "fanboy" might be the sort to vote a 10, but that doesn't mean only fanboys would vote 10. Guild Wars 2 obviously functions and runs, and most of the critics of the game who look at the game objectively say "It's a solid game, but I don't like it."
    Didn't we agree that this is a subjective-opinion poll? If so, the rank of 0/10 doesn't mean "the game can't function at all", it just means the person actively dislikes the game to a level of 0/10, which makes it a perfectly valid response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we agree that this is a subjective-opinion poll? If so, the rank of 0/10 doesn't mean "the game can't function at all", it just means the person actively dislikes the game to a level of 0/10, which makes it a perfectly valid response.
    A person who is reasonable, and gave the game a shot, but just didn't enjoy it, would at least be capable of recognizing that the game is well put together, and just not their style.

I don't enjoy sports games of any sort, let alone any of those Madden football games. I'm not going to rate them a 0 just because I don't like them, unless it really is a truly shitty game.

The game is freaking awesome, but it still has many bugs, and a few minor problems. Since they have a month to finalize the product, I can't really give a fair rating.. Try again in 2 months?

A person who is reasonable, and gave the game a shot, but just didn't enjoy it, would at least be capable of recognizing that the game is well put together, and just not their style.

I don't enjoy sports games of any sort, let alone any of those Madden football games. I'm not going to rate them a 0 just because I don't like them, unless it really is a truly shitty game.
    But you're introducing objective criteria into the ranking if you're stating that the ranking must give a certain amount of base points for the technical side of the game.

Perhaps to whoever ranks it as 0 (I, personally, gave it a 7), a certain baseline of "technical execution" is assumed, and therefore merits no points by itself. To such a person, a rank of 0/10 indicates a complete and utter lack of interest in the game, whereas even 1 out of 10 would signify a lukewarm interest.

As far as the overall gameplay experience goes, I would give it a 10. I will be playing the ever living crap out of this great game for years to come.

Now, if I was doing a very technical and in-depth scoring. I'd probably give it a 7 or 8 just due to the fact that it still has awful mouselook and camera mechanics as well as still having some clunkiness problems with some of the combat mechanics. Still an awesome score. Please don't reply and go on about how I'm wrong about this, because, well, I'm not (you are). Sorry

I gave it a 9 for the fact my norns ass clips out of 90% of any armor I had or previewed! When That is fixed maybe a 10, this game has truly lived up to the hype I set for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not trying to be fanboyish, but I feel obligated to give it a golden 10 out of 10. I simply did not find a single downer in the game. I practically love everything about it. Spent hours looking through my screenshots today.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you're introducing objective criteria into the ranking if you're stating that the ranking must give a certain amount of base points for the technical side of the game.
    Nothing to do with that. Subjectively speaking, I'd recognize that a game I didn't like was well put together, and that other people who have different tastes than me could get a lot of fun out of it. Even the people who absolutely hate WoW more than any other game can at least recognize the development quality in the game.
    Subjectively speaking, I'd only rate a game a 0 if I felt that nobody in their right mind should ever play the game.

I'd consider 1-4 as a sort of personal "Eh, wasn't fun to me, but others will enjoy it" kind of range.
    People voting it a 10 out of 10 are likely the people who simply found no flaws with the game, and are guaranteed to recommend the game to anybody and everybody they know, no matter how much that person would be annoyed by it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-25 at 12:08 AM.

Overall, the game is exceptionally fun, but no game is perfect. I had to take some points off as I think that the personal story and VOs could use improvement, and because I felt that difficulty in BWE3 was way, way low (BWE2 I thought was just about perfect). There are a few other little issues here and there, but they aren't enough to alter the score in any meaningful way (very minor, personal things).

I've been waiting for this game for a loong time, and it does many things right, but I have to give it a 7. The PVE is much better than I expected it to be, WvW is as uninteresting as I expected it to be (don't jump my case, it has its target audience hooked! it's just not my thing), but the pickup sPVP is much crappier than I thought it would be.

The style and dev team had me so hyped over sPVP. It's entirely the reason I was anticipating the game, but... 8v8 is a bad format for pickup PVP in this game (it's entirely too zergy) and combined with downed states really not being balanced, it's just not fun. Some people are wild over it, but I expected something that I could have more fun with on my own. My necromancer could kick some butt, but I found myself getting outmanned so often (too many players for the small map size). That, in combination with downed states, make it way too hard to kill people if you're outnumbered. And then the game loops you into facing those teams over and over again, and while I certainly realize I can leave and join a different game at any time, it's no fun to bail on your team - even if they're a particularly clueless or useless one. It's just very rare that I was caught in a good loop - it's either my team is decimating the other team, or we're being decimated by them, over and over again.

I still might like the tournament pvp (reliable teammates & communication would make a huge difference), but I really need to find more friends who are into that. =\

Think I'll go with 8.
    It's hard to judge how good the entire game is from only having done half of queensdale about 10 times to test professions.
    What I saw though, I loved.

I can't understand the 10/10s. If Drakewurrum is ignoring all 0s saying they are for a game that doesn't work at all, a 10/10 would have to be PERFECT. This game is not perfect.

I can get why people like the concept of drop in/drop out, but it doesn't seem to encourage grouping, you just inherently help out people in the near by area, I didn't group with anyone over the entire weekend and to be honest, the social interaction was almost nil.

The combat was pretty terrible too. There was too much autoattack, not enough skill procs or resource management etc Dodging attacks seems like a good idea, but in one of the events people were grouped in a huge bunch on top of the boss NPC and you couldn't see any attacks to dodge and due to my weapon at the time on my warrior being an axe, all I did was sit there autoattacking (with the odd buff or F1 attack) for about 5mins til the boss fell over. It was not fun in the slightest.

The role playing itself was minor, you have some personal stories that you get to make the odd choice on, but they were generally pretty boring. The questing itself was nice that you could just rock up and partake, but they seemed pretty zergy and not that fun. The non-combat ones were even worse (picking up rabbit food then getting tripped over by rabits for 5mins, or throwing snowballs at children). Voice acting overall was pretty bad too. I did like the cut scenes at character creation though.

I never did get to PvP even though I had the WvWvW queued for the entire time I was playing. Would have like to give it a go. Maybe I should have done a sPvP.

5/10 was my final score. The combat was just too terrible for me to enjoy. The rest of the game seemed ok, but not amazing enough to make me want to purchase it. Not having Australian servers also is a serious downside, seems hard to land melee attacks or dodge things with significantly worse ping than US players. Having played SWTOR on local servers I can tell you that it makes a huge difference in enjoyment and that game doesn't even rely on ping as much as GW2 does.