Thread: BOTS in GW2

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Lol good luck, botting GW2.
    1. you have to aim your attacks.
    2. well as some people said before, mobs/random mini-bosses has special attacks that they use at Random.
    3. well heh..I wan't to see that bot dodge

Deleted
    *Snip*

Please don't link to botting sites in these forums. It's very much against forum rules. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-07-25 at 11:41 PM.

Bots are definitely going to be in the game.

Not sure why so many people are thinking that bots are going to be trying to kill mobs. Actually making the bot do something like that? Waste. Bots in WoW have maphacks and fly hacks and just go to resource nodes. Will your node get stolen in GW2? No. Will the market be flooded? Potentially (though bots providing mats on the AH only hurts the person who cornered the market on that resource typically, since many lower level resources aren't farmed by anyone But bots).

And yes, it's not hard to kill a bot in PvP. But no one cares about that. Bots ruin the game just by being there and not participating. They're not fun to have on your team, they're not fun to play against.

Deleted
    there you go.[/QUOTE]

Good !
    I wonder how many ppl will buy over and over again new accounts , when their bots program(if they will create it) will reported by players
    More money to the company > more resources to PvP+PvE
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-07-25 at 11:45 PM.

when properly protected and coded, modern bots are damn near impossible to detect. unforunately being a programmer myself i can say that its actually incredibly easy to program in advanced logic and mechanics and with enough work have a bot playing at the same level as your average player. last crazy project i had heard of was a bot that could control 25 accounts simultainiously and actually do normal mode current tier raids.

I DONT ADVOCATE OR PROMOTE BOTTING, it ruins your gameplay and that of those around you.. but its a major misconception these days that this stuff is hard too do, and its really not. the only major hurtle is then protecting your code from detection

PS... looking forward too see the GW2 version of the public execution of bots and spammers <3

Good !
    I wonder how many ppl will buy over and over again new accounts , when their bots program(if they will create it) will reported by players
    More money to the company > more resources to PvP+PvE
    As noted many times in this thread, chances of actually getting banned for this are very slim. In GW1, it was essentially zero. They did one or two noisy ban waves where they mostly banned people that apparently did nothing but bot. I only heard of one person that ever got banned who was in the higher echelons of the game, and that person likely got banned for language rather then botting.

And there was a lot of people botting UW during sleep/work/afk back then.

Deleted
    Yeah from the PvE side , they are hard to be recognized by the players , so they wont be banned

But as some other ppl have pointed out , that there is no <<right click-trade>> forcing them to sent the items+gold with ingame mail to the customers .
    So in case the company , see that an account is sending 1000 gold per week to various accounts , theres something wrong
    Or if some1 hack ur account , he will sent ur items (or sell them for gold) to a spesific account , so theres again the culprit .

True GW2 wont stop the botfest , but i hope they will minimize it
    (i love when a dev on the official forums , replying to a customer :<<if u dont like the way we do it , theres the link for the refund >> , or something accross the lines)

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Yeah from the PvE side , they are hard to be recognized by the players , so they wont be banned
    Most bots aren't taken care of specifically because they were reported. Developers try and solve the root problem that allows the botting program to exist before banning them, as the bots are getting around the systems they have in place that are supposed to detect them/prevent them from functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    So ANet will go "Oh, this dude's just farming mats and selling them, 24/7, never logging off and transferring all his money to another account, but it must just be Chrome doing it for him! We'd better not ban"
    Because arenanet was so diligent at keeping GW1 bot-free. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

Which does what exactly for them?
    So why do people bot in games like CoD, warcraft and starcraft, etc?
    People do it to take the fun away from other players, they just 'want to watch the world burn'.
    Last edited by Kuthe; 2012-07-26 at 10:46 AM.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    Because arenanet was so diligent at keeping GW1 bot-free. Lol.
    Because things always stay exactly as they used to be, right?

There already are bots for GW2, but I guess the gold wont sell as much as in WoW so the players who have 10 accounts for bots will stay in WoW.
    Hi