Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    DC Universe Online is great time killer. Really good graphics; if you don't mind the Unreal Engine. Story is not really existant, but then again it is based off of the comic books. Decent power interaction and cool character custimization. Only real downside I found was the UI...it sucks. But, it's fun if you are waiting for another game and it will keep you entertained.

Copious amounts of scrub level Dota 2

Basketball
    Soccer
    street Hockey
    Volleyball
    Mountain biking

Depending on your genre, pick one (many of these are alder games):

Jagged Alliance 2 (and Unfinished Business) - Great turn-based strategy game. This is played about once a year for me.
    Galactic Civilizations II (ultimate edition) - Best 4X out there, IMO.
    Quest for Glory, Syberia, Longest Journey - For when I need a good adventure.
    LOTRO - Free MMO with great class mechanics and great atmosphere (even if the gameplay is a bit stale).
    Path of Exile (beta) - Great ARPG that gets better every patch.
    Planescape: Torment - When I want to replay the masterpiece all other RPGs with they could become.
    Outcast - A great game that truly defies a genre.
    Serious Sam - When you seriously need to blow shit up.

I'm currently working on my HoM in Guild Wars. Likelihood of hitting 30 by GW2 Launch? Minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarimor View Post
    I'm currently working on my HoM in Guild Wars. Likelihood of hitting 30 by GW2 Launch? Minimal.
    How far along are you?

I'm playing through Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: HR again. Been playing Guild Wars a bit here and there, dabbling in the thought of trying to get the Legend of the Mists title (45 HoM points). Not sure if I have the motivation to do that though.

Deleted
    Shogun2 before you realise you will have lost 2 days of your life

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 10:40 AM ----------

or any total war game for that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if it has been mentioned. But since the announcement of SWTOR F2P and assuming it's before launch of GW2, I'll most likely pop-in and level just for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much can keep my attention at the moment, All i play is League of Legends and Orcs Must Die! 2

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Don't know if it has been mentioned. But since the announcement of SWTOR F2P and assuming it's before launch of GW2, I'll most likely pop-in and level just for the story.
    Don't be too hopeful, it says "Fall", which by most standards starts in September

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I'm completely bored when I can't be with either friends, girlfriend or outside
    LA Noire is alright, any type of shooter or something you can just pick up and play and then put down is always good. You could also check out the wonderful world of pod casts, or try exercising and learn how to do a backflip.
    Hi

Or if you want Real Old School, Sid Meier's Covert Action. I swear this man is a genius, he just needs to get off of his Civ kick and get back to making a variety of simply good games. Also, where is Dinosaurs!? I hate you Sid!
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2012-08-01 at 03:31 PM.

I am in this same situation recently, having played gw2 bwe3, and ONLY checking out the game 2 weeks prior to that on a whim, watching videos, reading insane amounts about gw2...and then all of sudden getting a random key from curse giveaway 1 day...i was extremely excited about gw2..and the bwe3..i was NOT dissapointed...i am buying the game my next check from work, end of august, a week before the headstart (yay!)

so yeah in the meantime i had been playing a lot of diablo 3, and really only reason why i got d3 was with annual pass from wow, which i was playing wow night and day for last few months (i play a few months, then quit, come back a lot in wow)

but d3 came out, i played it, burned through it, have a few 60's, and end game just flat out sucks, i haven't finished inferno, but i got to act 3 and just lost interest, its the same game over and over. Diablo 2 for some reason had a pulling factor i could/still do play d2 for hours, and never get bored, but d3 i log in, do a few farming runs, then just exit, its just not there for me, feels pointless.

So then i tried to figure out what to play, i was playing MOP beta for a bit, but even that got kinda old, the new content was cool, but with so much of it not working or work in progress, and being ganked every other minute in the 2nd zone cuz its a contested zone, i gave up a bit, i am almost level 87 on my hunter, I'll wait till release to see it all.

So then i remembered that i hadn't played Skyrim for awhile, i had started skyrim the day it came out, put it off for awhile, played a bit, then i became overwhelmed by the sheer amount of content/quests/exploring in the game, and i didn't have the time to play it, i had wow, and other games i was playing at the time, and so i put it away

well now that i have full time to play it and devour it all, using guides, maps, walkthroughs (and lots of console commands) i am playing through it and loving every bit of it, so many areas to explore, so many quests, characters, and story to find, game is just incredible, and having the time to soak it all in and not rush through it, has made my week so far, i even made a checklist and i am exploring/finding every single item/area/everything i can as i go through, i've already cleared 2 whole holds, and i just now am doing the very first dragon attack...skyrim is a powergamer/completionist's dreamworld lol

so now i'm just waiting for gw2, MOP, and i thought about star wars but idk

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing phantasy star online 2 a little, some path of exile, some hardcore d3 (1 char left (all died!) before I'm done), a MUD, and work. Also playing a little bit of guild wars 1, no chance I'm getting 30 though =| too poor, I'm not even 20 for my HoM.

Edit: Also might do Nexus' in TERA, paid with gold so I have 2 months left.
    Last edited by Loyrl; 2012-08-01 at 07:23 PM.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    Story is not really existant, but then again it is based off of the comic books.
    *shocked gasp*

I try really hard to play WoW every now and then... it doesn't workout too well. I usually just end up trolling in BG's....

Spec Ops: The Line
    Arkham City
    Skyrim
    Kingdoms of Amalur (HUGE game - main story over 30hours to complete depending on difficulty)
    Darksiders
    MW3
    BF3
    Lego Batman 1 & 2
    Mass Effect 1,2 & 3

Deleted
    Thanks for feedback. Hope it helped someone! And hey, keep posting if you have any other advices

Deleted
    I must recommend bloodline champions, especially since many GW2 people out there love pvp.
    It's f2p and cash shop works similar to LoL. The game has quite high skillcap, but it's good practice for working on speed and reaction until GW2 release. You play games similar to wow arena games, they are short and fast but fun. You can progress as solo player or as in team. It's a really fun game =) Just give it a try, you wont regret it

Deleted
    while waiting for guildwars 2 i play Diablo 3 Auktionshouse and make money on RMAH for guildwars 2^^ (some pc upgrades and money saved for the cashshop^^)

cant play any game atm for real cause they all are boring and i like it, so i have time to work on my Spreadsheets for gw2 (crafting + gold) and make euros in diablo