Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What to play while waiting for Guild Wars 2. Help bored people!

I'm completely bored when I can't be with either friends, girlfriend or outside because of the weather. I need something to do in my computer those times.
    I assume that very many people are bored because they are too exited about Guild Wars 2, but I'm gonna try get help myself and help others by making this thread, and all you need to do is to list your current best games which you are playing right now.

Keep the thread simple and clean, please! Thanks

I'm not playing anything tbh.

My wife and I are in the middle of re-watching SGU and SGA .

But if you must play something, I would suggest Quantum Conundrum or Trine 1 and 2? Cheap and very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I'm completely bored when I can't be with either friends, girlfriend or outside because of the weather. I need something to do in my computer those times.
    I assume that very many people are bored because they are too exited about Guild Wars 2, but I'm gonna try get help myself and help others by making this thread, and all you need to do is to list your current best games which you are playing right now.

Keep the thread simple and clean, please! Thanks
    Well first of all I would suggest SW:The Old Republic. It's free to play till lvl 15 and rumor has it soon will be free to play(after full purchase, similar to guild wars).

Also I suggest you take this time to read. Too few people read now a days. If you don't know what type of literature you like, send me a tell and I can suggest books from broad spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Well first of all I would suggest SW:The Old Republic. It's free to play till lvl 15 and rumor has it soon will be free to play(after full purchase, similar to guild wars).

Also I suggest you take this time to read. Too few people read now a days. If you don't know what type of literature you like, send me a tell and I can suggest books from broad spectrum.
    That would be Buy to Play, not free to play.

Also, saying their 'trial' that lets you level to 15 or wow's to 20 is F2P is an exaggeration.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

The Secret World has an amazing story and is a lot of fun. You can almost play it like a solo RPG.
    I'd pick it up and play with the free month until GW 2 comes out. The story is superior to TOR...IMO...and the Ability system is fun.

The trial to 15 on one or two characters would take him a bit of time unless he just blows through all the cutscenes(kind of the point of a game like tor)

Either way I was just suggesting a game for him to play. Criticism of my use of syntax is unwarranted.

Play The Secret World!

Graphics and atmosphere are great (better than GW2 by most standards)! It's skill/ability system is more like GW1 (500+ skills to choose from, 7-14 usable at any one time). No levels. No classes. Better quality cutscenes than SWTOR. Heavily story-based. Investigation/puzzle/sabotage missions (ie Dan Brown meets Sherlock Holmes). Many of the investigation missions require you to leave the game world (ie do research in the real world)... which helps to merge the real-world and game-world together into one.

It's only $50 and comes with 1 month free. But if you know someone playing it already, you might be able to get a 24 hour buddy key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I’ve got two characters in SWtOR that are in their late 40’s which I will likely finish to 50, although to be honest I just can’t motivate myself to log in after playing GW2. I also reloaded WoG and Heroes of Might and Magic a favourite stand by for when I’m bored.

Im currently killing time with Orcs must die, Team fortress 2, Dota 2, thinking of replaying skyrim again (or rather sandboxing it while avoiding main storyline)

Deleted
    I'm having to finish Uni work... *grumble grumble*

But recently I went through Portal 2 again, trying out From Dust, and really struggling to get into GW1 to get some of the HoM stuff.

Deleted
    Play Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    ...trying out From Dust...
    From dust was a great game. I think I got it on Steam for supercheap. The only problem is that the "campaign" was too short, and the sandbox/free-play is too unstructured.

Good value for the money, though.

9/10, would play again!

Deleted
    The binding of isaac and Metro 2033

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    I did try this while I waited between BWE. It was a horrible game compared to GW2. It played like a single player game, the cutscenes were a very nice addition but everything else was horrible and I am a huge star wars fan.

at the moment I'm either playing LoL, BF3 or DotA2.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    The Secret World has an amazing story and is a lot of fun. You can almost play it like a solo RPG.
    I'd pick it up and play with the free month until GW 2 comes out. The story is superior to TOR...IMO...and the Ability system is fun.
    If it wasn't Sub based, I'd play it.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

GW1 for GW2 rewards. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_...uments/Rewards I think the game is 40 bucks now or so for all the expansions.
    That's what I've been working on during downtime. I have Assassin's Creed 2 ready for backup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    From dust was a great game. I think I got it on Steam for supercheap. The only problem is that the "campaign" was too short, and the sandbox/free-play is too unstructured.

Good value for the money, though.

9/10, would play again!
    Good to hear, I'd been a bit unsure, but bought it in the Steam sale.

Reaction to tidal wave coming towards woefully unprepared village? ..."Bollocks."

Guild Wars, if you have it.

Deleted
    Given most of the time spent on games for me is also for work ends, but I really enjoy wasting a couple of hours on SMITE. If you're into MOBA games I'd highly recommend grabbing a key from somewhere (They're not too hard to find) and try it out.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution again.