Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Things being removed in MOP

I couldn't find a thread like this but perhaps I'm not using good search terms.

I feel it would be handy to start a list if there isn't already one of everything that will no longer be obtainable or may become significantly harder to obtain when mop hits.

This would include items, achievements, achievements becoming feats of strength, titles, mounts, pets.

For example I believe there is a tabard from scholomance that will no longer be obtainable and must be farmed beforehand.

Anything else that is known about I'd appericate it if you'd share your wisdom.
    Last edited by mmocdf4af6684c; 2012-07-25 at 11:55 PM.

What I think will happen:
    I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am turning to a FoS, like the Naxx and Uld undying achievements. Also the Pureblood Fire Hawk and the Life-Binder's Handmaiden will be reduced to a 1% dropchance like Mimiron's Head and Invincible.

If the mounts will have a reduced drop chance there should be anouncement about it in the comming weeks. It's the kind of thing Blizz would want to give people a warning for quite a bit in advance. The fact that there has not been such a warning yet makes me a bit doubtful if drop chances will change, but there is still time.

I think the tabart you are refering to drops from Scarlet Monestary in the armory wing, not sure if the lvl 90 version will be able to drop it or not.

I heard enchanting rods were being removed but I'm not 100 percent on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMarie View Post
    As seen on the last patchnote/datamining, only the first rods will be use. But the OP seek something to get before MOP.

Yes it's true

The good thing about this expansion compared to Cata is that they aren't re-doing the old world and potentially removing a lot of stuff. Only stuff like the Heroic mounts should be affected, as people have already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Yes it's true
    Will we get anything for the rods we have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Beyond stuff from the Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance, and the heroic raid drop mounts, there shouldn't be too much that changes. As said above it isn't like Cataclysm where tons of old content was revamped, nor is it like WotLK where an entire raid is replaced with a level 80 version.

Do bear in mind though that the SM and SC changes will go live in the 5.0.4 patch, not with MoP itself. So you actually have until roughly the end of August, not 25th September, to get anything from those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Will we get anything for the rods we have?
    You'll get reimbursed the inventory slot.

Deleted
    LFR gear will be completely impossible for level 90s to obtain. T13 LFR, that is. So if you like the appearances of those items, get them now.

Deleted
    All relics and thrown weaps will be removed.

Anyone have any gear or items they think they want to farm from scholo and sm before the patch hits?

Deleted
    There may be some unexpected removals in MoP, like Thug Shirt in Cata.

T13 LFR gear probably won't be obtainable anymore, some SM / scholo items may get removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    As seen on the last patchnote/datamining, only the first rods will be use.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Yes it's true
    Purely speculation at this point. It could also be a temporary change to make sure more people can more easily test the new enchants, without having to spend time finding people to craft the later generation rods. Nothing has been confirmed yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindyourbaal View Post
    Got that tabard ...along with many others that can't be replaced....urghhhh for a drop down menu for tabards...

Deleted
    To be fair, they have to drop the chance rate on mounts or bring back the chance on lk 25 hc mount and mimiron's head!.

Theres no reason why the players who havn't got these ones (like I got none of those), should be able to get these 2 easily.. not that it isn't already a faceroll ;3.

You mean like the naxx meta mounts and the rest of the meta mounts? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind them lowering the drop chance. But with Blizz just because they've done something in the past with mounts doesn't mean they will do so again now

After the whole removal of the naxx drakes I think it was though, BLizz has said they would give an advance warning if mounts would be removed or made much lower drop chance. So if it will happen people that are capable of getting one but don't have one yet have a few weeks to try get it sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Purely speculation at this point. It could also be a temporary change to make sure more people can more easily test the new enchants, without having to spend time finding people to craft the later generation rods. Nothing has been confirmed yet!
    Its been confirmed - they are "removing" the higher tier enchanting rods, you only need the first one come MoP. (Doubt they will actually REMOVE them, but the need for them is gone)
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013