building a generic tank runepage, need help with reds and quints

as the title implies i'm building a generic yet efficient tank rune build and i need help on reds and quints

so far my setup is.

Blues: flat magic resist

yellow: %health (mundo loves them a lot)

thank you in forehand

ps: was thinking on flat armor for reds but idk

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is there is no generic tank page because they differ if you play them support, jungle, or top lane and if they are AD or AP.

Here is the best I can give that can be used universally:
    Seals: Armor
    Glyphs: MR/lvl
    Quints: Movement Speed

Marks are based on role.
    Support: Armor (you would also want GP/10 Quints for this)
    Jungle: Attack Speed (AP tanks, some AD) or Attack Damage (some AD tanks)
    AD tank top lane: Attack Damage
    AP tank top lane: Magic Penetration

interesting, really interesting... ill take on consideration your advise... thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing as a Support Tank (bot lane, no cs) I prefer Hp/Lvl reds, flat armor yellows, Mr/Lvl blues. For quints; flat Hp, Hp/Lvl and 1.5% Hp (yes, one of each). Every now and again I'll change my reds to flat armor although I prefer Hp/Lvl.

But I'm neither smart nor a high elo player; this is just what I role.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross1 View Post
    as the title implies i'm building a generic yet efficient tank rune build and i need help on reds and quints

so far my setup is.

Blues: flat magic resist

yellow: %health (mundo loves them a lot)

thank you in forehand

ps: was thinking on flat armor for reds but idk
    Somebody did math here on mmochamp, and in turns out, hp per lvl are almost always better, as you need pure hp stacking so % to work out.

My advice, go for armor red and yellow, and mr in blue. For quints, take flat hp.
    If you are playing bot lane, as support, you will be able to take lot of damage. If you are jungle, monsters wont do any damage to you, but, you wont have the best clear time.
    If you are playing top, you are mostly against ad type champions, so armor and flat hp are awesome. If you are against ap champ, you have flat mr blues and can get that mr item for 400g, and you have room for 2 more pots.

If i had to build allaround runepage, i would built it like this.

Just run

Red: Flat Armor
    Yellow: Flat Armor
    Blue : MR/Lvl

Quints: MS / GP10 / Health

This page will work for a:
    Tanky support (Leona, Naut, Blitz, Alistair, Taric)

Tanky Jungle (Naut, Skarner, Udyr, Olaf come to mind)

Against a melee or AD heavy top.

Is it optimal for every character? No. Will it be almost impossible to die to auto attacks (most damage early game) and scale fine into late game? Yes.

You can never have enough move speed or gold, so those two quints in my opinion are just the universal "just fucking own these please"

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Just run

Red: Flat Armor
    Yellow: Flat Armor
    Blue : MR/Lvl

Quints: MS / GP10 / Health

This page will work for a:
    Tanky support (Leona, Naut, Blitz, Alistair, Taric)

Tanky Jungle (Naut, Skarner, Udyr, Olaf come to mind)

Against a melee or AD heavy top.

Is it optimal for every character? No. Will it be almost impossible to die to auto attacks (most damage early game) and scale fine into late game? Yes.

You can never have enough move speed or gold, so those two quints in my opinion are just the universal "just fucking own these please"
    Not even close to optimal for jungling. Armor reds are going to take a bunch of your speed unless you're Malphite or maybe Rammus. In very general terms, I'd suggest AS reds for jungling, and I know of at least one jungle tank (Maokai) that takes AP quints.

He asked for a generic tank page. Did he say can you build me a Maokai jungle page with AP quints?

If you want a real generic, real basic, cheap page that will get the job done use that page. If you want to add attack speed reds to optimize it for jungle, well you are gonna suck worse as a generic tank bot lane.

Hence why i said is it optimal? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    He asked for a generic tank page. Did he say can you build me a Maokai jungle page with AP quints?

If you want a real generic, real basic, cheap page that will get the job done use that page. If you want to add attack speed reds to optimize it for jungle, well you are gonna suck worse as a generic tank bot lane.

Hence why i said is it optimal? No.
    Armor is definitely not gonna work for top lane. Last hitting will be a nightmare as an AD champ. As AP, have fun trying to trade with the opponent since your spells won't be able to go through even the base MR. And like Sergar said, armor wouldn't work in the jungle unless your playing Rammus or Malphite who get extra damage from armor. You can't have a generic tank page since they need to be different for different lanes, and then AD or AP in top lane. AD Carry, AP Carry, and junglers it is easy to make generic pages for. Tanks have so much variety that it just isn't possible.

Deleted
    most generic tankrunepage u can find would be

AS reds
    Armor yellows
    MR/lvl blues
    MS quints