Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm so sorry for writing that rant in this thread, I must have not been paying attention.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry for writing that rant in this thread, I must have not been paying attention.
    No problem. I've done it myself before when I have multiple tabs up and I'm not paying attention. It's not a big deal.

Played some more games with Diana, really loving how well her kit fits together. At first I thought it would be weird on an assassin and even playing her the E seemed out of place, but now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing it works great on her. She was made for the jungle and while you can play her in other lanes, I feel the jungle is the best place for her. I also forsee her being like new Eve; in every game for a few days, then gone. The few people who jungle her do okay, but all the laners have been failing hardcore so she will see a huge drop in popularity. She also isn't naturally strong or OP like Zyra and Darius, she needs a few items to do work. That'll turn away the fotm crowd.

Yep, test-proofed.

Nashor's/Deathcap/Lichbane Diana can kill err'thing and have such a huge shield, Such. A. Huge. Shield.

She looks to be a very fun champion. I'm still confused as to what category she belongs too. Assassin? She feels like an assassin to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

While she feels like an assassin after playing a few games I think I'm going to stick with my AP bruiser Diana build. It works very well, seeing as how if you're doing it right you'll E and peel off your carries and have an entire team on you. With Randuins/Frozen Heart you can survive the beating, slow their attacks and move speed, while doing massive damage thanks to a Litch Bane+Deathcap (If snowballed)/Abyssal Scepter (if they're all AP). After playing her more, the potential with the R+E+W+Q+R combo and the limited about of CC she has is -devastating- and her sustain in jungle is actually impressive due to that shield.

That said, its not hard to shut her down. Shaco players rejoice, if you get two kills on her in her jungle, she is literally hopeless and useless late game. She has no escape per-se, merely an engage. Only way to get around this (if at blue for example) is just Q the wolves, R to them, flash the wall. I'd say balanced, if a little under tuned (probably due to one CC, squishy and slow start) at high levels of play and a little strong in low ELOs.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by TFTCDave View Post
    (probably due to one CC, squishy and slow start)
    Her jungle start is nowhere near slow if you you use runes suited for her, not mpen reds.

What is good about her, she can be mid, top and jungle. What's bad some champs will counter her hard in lanes. But if she survives early levels, you can farm and harass with her Q quite safely.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Anyone able to find the link a Red provided to download Diana's song from the front page? Can't seem to find.

Nevermind, I found it: http://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegend...d-dianas-theme
    Last edited by Ausr; 2012-08-08 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    No idea how to play her. Tanky AP build you do quite some damage yet still seem to die the second someones uses even the smallest of CC on you. Early mid game is quite fine, but once actual 5vs5 teamfights start to happen I feel useless. Probably because I was the main focus too but still.

I love her though, fast jungle, cool spells, looks great, I'm just not an assassin.

10+ Year Old Account
    We feeling a nerf will occur on her?
    I reckon the Q will be either brought down to a more standard AP ratio, or the CD will be getting a little higher.

I complete my build at 40mins, 3k hp, I play smart.
    So in fights, I can just nuke down the enemies with good positioning with my Q and just ulti in, and stop any channeled spells with me E.

I feel that her W-E-R are all in a good place, but the Q is just too high.
    But, her damage is more or less the same as Zyra, it's just Zyra is a AP carry, and Diana is an AP assassin, so I'm not sure if they wanted her damage that high or not.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I reckon the Q will be either brought down to a more standard AP ratio, or the CD will be getting a little higher.

So in fights, I can just nuke down the enemies with good positioning with my Q and just ulti in, and stop any channeled spells with me E.

But, her damage is more or less the same as Zyra, it's just Zyra is a AP carry, and Diana is an AP assassin, so I'm not sure if they wanted her damage that high or not.
    I don't think so. I feel like she is in a good spot at the moment which is surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, she'll be re-adjusted a bit. If she is intended to take jungle, she shouldn't be as easy to dominate when a Lee Sin encounters her at level 3 and have somewhat better CC. At least, that's what the general consensus among pros @ rogaming seems to be.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel she is in a good place. She is an AP assassin with no escapes (except ulting to minions) and only 2 reliable high damage spells. If anything is gonna get hit, it's her passive. You can be out of mana, but because of her passive she is still a huge threat. Also, I've never seen someone clear camps as fast as her once you hit six. Q, W, R, passive and the whole camp is dead in a second or two.

15+ Year Old Account
    260+0.8 isn't that high. Gragas has 285+0.9 for example + debuff.

They might increase CD on her ulti a bit, so she would be more Q-reliant.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    If anything, she'll be re-adjusted a bit. If she is intended to take jungle, she shouldn't be as easy to dominate when a Lee Sin encounters her at level 3 and have somewhat better CC. At least, that's what the general consensus among pros @ rogaming seems to be.
    With such a weak cc/gap closer pre 6 her ganks are not good. Even Shyvana has better ganks. I don't think she is untended to take jungle. At least with the current design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    260+0.8 isn't that high. Gragas has 285+0.9 for example + debuff.
    The difference being that Gragas Q travels more slowly, has a smaller AoE and doesn't hit people in its path.

Even Shyvana has better ganks.
    What.

I've also never really understood why people just say "there's no escape."
    You don't have to escape from dead people.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-08-09 at 01:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    The difference being that Gragas Q travels more slowly, has a smaller AoE and doesn't hit people in its path.
    But has a debuff. I'm not saying omg gragas Q is so superior! But it has .1 better scaling, has AS debuff and sligtly better base damage. Diana's Q doesn't look broken compared to any other bursty AP.

As for the radius...
    Diana:
    Range to center of AoE: 400min (estimate), 830max
    Radius of AoE: 50 (estimate)

Fatso <3
    Range to center of AoE: 1100
    Diameter of AoE: 375 (estimate)

Deleted
    Imo she's a jungling mana using Akali. I do prefer to build her tank-ish though. Sorc or Merc's, Philo, Rylai, Zhonya, Abyssal, Lich bane being being the core items tbh. This gives you a lot of AP and around 140 or 150 in both armor and MR. Plus the active from Zhonya.

Deleted
    But has a debuff. I'm not saying omg gragas Q is so superior! But it has .1 better scaling, has AS debuff and sligtly better base damage. Diana's Q doesn't look broken compared to any other bursty AP.

As for the radius...
    Diana:
    Range to center of AoE: 400min (estimate), 830max
    Radius of AoE: 50 (estimate)

Fatso <3
    Range to center of AoE: 1100
    Diameter of AoE: 375 (estimate)
    Then the targeting for her Q is severely broken and ought to be fixed. There's a ring quite clearly larger than 50 where the spell is targeted.

Deleted
    I hate her Q. It's nearly impossible to see before it hits you. But I think it's bugged - same as Viktor laser. Going underground and you can't see it ;/. But this bug was reported 2months ago... Riot don't look at bug report forums ;/ (Vayne has been waiting for so long to get her tumble unbugged) But if same bug is posted in general - then yeah. Stupid but true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I hate her Q. It's nearly impossible to see before it hits you. But I think it's bugged - same as Viktor laser. Going underground and you can't see it ;/. But this bug was reported 2months ago... Riot don't look at bug report forums ;/ (Vayne has been waiting for so long to get her tumble unbugged) But if same bug is posted in general - then yeah. Stupid but true.
    If it is I haven't seen it. It's a fast moving skillshot that is sorta difficult to see, especially if she has the skin. It's also hard to predict since it's curved.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 02:07 PM ----------

Okay, so I just played a game as Diana where someone actually tried to counter-jungle me. I have come to the conclusion that she needs a huge survivability and mana buff. If anyone duels you in the jungle, you will lose. If they take your blue your in a worst spot than Zyra jungle, and she wasn't even intended to jungle.

Hell, Eve is better since she can at least escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I'm with Axethor, it's really fast, but I can notice it.
    I can't compare the two skins Q's, because I have and everyone I vs against has Dark Valkyrie, but I imagine it's just a little whiter version of the dark one.
    It does hit where it's meant to, I've played enough games to know that. Although I'm not sure about the end of it, the circle is rather big, but I've always focused on securing the hits with the line, not the end.

Yeah, I don't see her doing to well in smart ranked plays. She will get shutdown so hard. There goes my plan.
    It sucks you need basically the first two blues to be able to jungle and gank properly.
    I'm really keen to see what they do to her.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?