Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    THIS thread needs a stickie!!
    You got your wish.

Gratz on stickie. Im running Dual Pistol engineer going for condition based build. using 2 turrets (Rocket and Flame) and the elixer that turns all conditions into boons. Anyone know if im on the right track?

Consider this build if you're going for conditions:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQ...kwIrROjkGNKZWB

(if you're not familiar, you can see traits and armor by clicking those buttons in the center of the screen)

There is some customization with the 10 points in Explosives. Put those wherever you want.

This might be outdated with the current build however. Burning is the strongest condition in the game right now, and this build focuses on having 100% burn uptime (and vigor/swiftness as well). Poison is around half the damage of burning, but provides 33% healing reduction. Bleeding is a lot less burst, and more sustained condition damage. 25 stacks of bleeding is nothing to scoff at though, it's just hard to maintain it since all the bleeds are in one debuff and most people have condition removal.

So,

Burning: Burst
    Poison: Utility
    Bleeding: Sustained
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-10 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You got your wish.

Now that is sweet.
    Valar morghulis

Suddenly, no longer a sticky. So fickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Suddenly, no longer a sticky. So fickle.
    Alrighty then. I take back my post of awesomeness for whoever made it a stickie.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Great job! Also I realized that I have never played LEGACY OF THE FOEFIRE D: okey i don't spend a lot of time in spvp, i prefer wvw

10+ Year Old Account
    want to do server vs server battles

arena junkies has some great information starting to surface

GW2 WvW has exactly what I liked about raiding in WoW.

What I liked about raiding in WoW was getting together on mumble with my friends(Guild) and working together as a team. In GW2 for the last beta's we were all on mumble for WvW and had a blast. Not only will the entire guild be working as a team in WvW but, will be working together with other guilds too. Which is going to so awesome. It really doesn't worry me any more that GW2 has no raids as such. I think in the end people just what to be together with their friends. And to think, all in my guild hated PVP in WoW.
    Last edited by neuk; 2012-08-13 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    i havent liked pvp in any mmorpg until now

i have found the wvw very fun tbh i did not even think about raiding i just liked leveling and the pvp. did not even think about the end content :P
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

heh I never even really considered WvW as a raid replacement. It kinda works in you could have scheduled "Raid times" and even more amusing is the fact that you literally could RAID something, as in an enemy keep or something. It has the advantage of not leaving anybody out in the cold becaus you only have 10/25/40 slots to fill nor do you have to call raids cause several people didnt show up. Just go with you you got and have a blast, its no big deal if you have more/less than normal.

While it may not have the structured setup of a traditional MMO raid chances are good you'll find a good fight. If enemies dont show up right away keep takeing their land till they retaliate. Take over a keep, reinforce it and hold it against all comers. Dont even have to have hard stop times for the event. If people need to go fine, the night owls can defend or whatever as long as they feel like staying up.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    WvW is only fun if you own the battle!

I didn't spend any time in PVP in the beta until the last one. I found it to be very fun. I too never liked PVP in other MMOs. But GW2 PVP is very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I had plenty of fun on fights where we were not wining. Yes it kinda stinks when you get ROFLstomped by 5 times your number but such is life. Few server bugs in BWE3 had us massively outnumbered in our own borderlands by a single team while we were stuck with queues of folks trying to get in to help. Still other times we spent quite a while hammering away at a keep and were not makeing progress agianst the defenders but it was still loads of fun. I think that will be even better once we can get a bit more organization in there past simple zerg herding. Keeps in general are much easier to take if you can get folks to cut the supply lines and starve them out.

Who is John Galt?

i havent liked pvp in any mmorpg until now
    What Class do you play and what do you like about the PvP. What other games did you spend 100 hours PvPing?

Or...knowing your team is down, and you're one of the known guilds on the server who comes in to turn the tide...that sounds much better than downing a raid boss or two IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I had plenty of fun on fights where we were not wining. Yes it kinda stinks when you get ROFLstomped by 5 times your number but such is life. Few server bugs in BWE3 had us massively outnumbered in our own borderlands by a single team while we were stuck with queues of folks trying to get in to help. Still other times we spent quite a while hammering away at a keep and were not makeing progress agianst the defenders but it was still loads of fun. I think that will be even better once we can get a bit more organization in there past simple zerg herding. Keeps in general are much easier to take if you can get folks to cut the supply lines and starve them out.
    yeah I don't think people realize how important siege weapons are for keep doors at this point.

give it by around halloween and I bet we will see some improved play for everyone. (basic coordination tactics will start being made server to server for communication purposes I'm sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Or...knowing your team is down, and you're one of the known guilds on the server who comes in to turn the tide...that sounds much better than downing a raid boss or two IMO.
    It didn't seem to help Warhammer survive.