Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    CC them.

Me and a Guardian did the lord with 3 people attacking us too.
    Guess I'm just bad at this game. >_<

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 05:18 PM ----------

Still want to know what Skirmisher means.

Larry, you played a lot of warrior right. Is the hundred blades warriors really overpowered and the best choice for pvp?
    Loved the warrior last weekend and looking at playing around with some pvp builds Heard axes could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Is the hundred blades warriors really overpowered and the best choice for pvp?
    Yes and no. Frenzy->Bull's Charge->Hundred Blades combo is very effective at lower skill levels because it's very powerful for how simple it is. When you start playing against better players, they'll avoid it or mitigate the damage. After that, you're left as a glass cannon. I've seen it in other builds that don't build around completely and still be effective, but you have to be more careful about when you use it.
    Loved the warrior last weekend and looking at playing around with some pvp builds Heard axes could be fun.
    Eviscerate, the axe's burst (F1) ability, provides a high damage attack that's pretty easy to use. It's very popular right now as a main hand weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hundred blades is tricky if you're fighting someone good. It's hilarious in casual spvp. You just mow down all of the baddies.

I think I'll use it when I first start pvping with the warrior to get a feel for GW2 pvp. Then move on to something more versatile when I've got other things down pat.
    Ta for the replies
    I saw an axe/shield warrior that seemed very effective.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-07-31 at 05:54 AM.

Larry, you played a lot of warrior right. Is the hundred blades warriors really overpowered and the best choice for pvp?
    At the moment the build is really good. I don't think it'll be viable in actual competitive PvP after a few months though. Basically, the warrior front loads all of his damage potential into just a few seconds. They use two utility skills, Bull Rush and Frenzy. Bull Rush is a 600 yard gap closer, and has a 2 second knockdown. Frenzy makes your abilities twice as fast, but you take 50% additional damage. The typical rotation is Bull Rush -> Frenzy -> Hundred Blades. This can do anywhere from 6 to 12k damage, assuming everything hits.

Now, as for why this won't work later on? The same reason it's so good. The warrior invests everything he has into just that small moment. If he completely screws it up, he's at a huge disadvantage. It's simply to avoid it as well. The animation for Bull's Rush is pretty obvious, since it's a 360 turn. You can daze, blind, dodge, ect. to mitigate or completely avoid the damage/knockdown during that time. Additionally, most (all?) professions have stun breakers which can be used to remove the knock down effect and get away, and only take a portion of the damage.

Now, most good warriors won't use that combination at the very beginning of the fight. They'll try to be unpredictable, or seize some opportunity such as right after you dodge roll. But again, all you have to do is anticipate the Bull's Rush. If he randomly swaps to a greatsword in the middle of the fight, expect to have to dodge immediately. Unrelated, but the same applies for eviscerate and axes.

Through a combination of random luck and knowledge about the game mechanics, it's really simple to counter Hundred Blades. Imo, it'll only EVER be used in low rated competitive (assuming they add a ladder) or hot join. It's basically a newb killer, but useless versus good players. More balanced or defensive builds I think will be common for warriors, such as condition based or control based. Heck, I've even seen some healing builds work REALLY well for some people.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 01:59 AM ----------

In my opinion, I'd change Hundred Blades to deal far less (30%-50%), root the enemy player, and be an adrenaline ability. Damage will depend on the level of adrenaline. Then replace Hundred Blades (as a #2 ability) with the current Greatsword Adrenaline.

Boom. Just made Greatsword viable for competitive.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 02:01 AM ----------

I think I'll use it when I first start pvping with the warrior to get a feel for GW2 pvp. Then move on to something more versatile when I've got other things down pat.
    Ta for the replies
    I saw an axe/shield warrior that seemed very effective.
    Triple axe build most likely.

It goes Axe + Axe and Axe + Shield. It relies on weapon swaps for a 100% chance to crit on the next ability. It's really good honestly, and far less gimmicky or easily countered like Hundred Blades.

Like the sound of that Eviscerate stacking build. I think I'll try that one. Seems powerful without the heavy opportunity cost.
    I'll just have to convince my asura it's just as cool to have axes as it is a greatsword.

If you think warrior is op for casual pvp let me put it here :

Last edited by lyxx; 2012-07-31 at 06:54 AM.

Which has been nerfed.

how to shut down hundred blades combo perfectly every single time - Roll Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Which has been nerfed.
    How do you know? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Combo guide:

Good to know for PvE also.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    If you think warrior is op for casual pvp let me put it here :

LOL!! That build is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!! I saw at least 5 rangers running that god it was hilarious kicking their teeth in on my ranger!! Whirling defense to reflect their only damage combo then laugh as they fold like paper to their own conditions!! On the off chance they did get the 20 stacks of bleed off I just healing springed... So many idiots out there with like 12k health... Botch I got 26k an your conditions won't bring me down for many moons!!

Btw why is bulls charge so popular? All you need to do is blind them after bulls charge and laugh as they blow hundred blades and "Miss" just pops up for the whole attack on their end >=D!!

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    How do you know? o.o
    It hasn't, it's not OP an it's retardedly easy to counter, of you stay at range, you can't get bleeds to that high and sharpening stone is wasted if they try, without sharpening stones being up they have no real bite, so they essentially have 1 shot to get the bleeds off, even then if you have more then 18k health it won't even kill you on the off chance you don't have your heal or a condition removal...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    tw why is bulls charge so popular? All you need to do is blind them after bulls charge and laugh as they blow hundred blades and "Miss" just pops up for the whole attack on their end >=D!!
    How would you blind them after the Bull's Charge in order to avoid Hundred Blades, if Hundred Blades is used during Bull's Charge's knockdown? You can't.

I've offered the answer to this question at the top of this page if you're actually curious by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you blind them after the Bull's Charge in order to avoid Hundred Blades, if Hundred Blades is used during Bull's Charge's knockdown? You can't.

I've offered the answer to this question at the top of this page if you're actually curious by the way.
    Lol I keep forgetting you inferior players aren't rangers, m
    Who infact, can blind while knocked flat on their ass
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Lol I keep forgetting you inferior players aren't rangers, m
    Who infact, can blind while knocked flat on their ass
    Is it a pet ability?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a pet ability?
    One of my pets has an AoE daze, other has a blind nuke

One of my pets has an AoE daze, other has a blind nuke
    What's the activation time? The only pet abilities I saw were like, 3 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the activation time? The only pet abilities I saw were like, 3 seconds.
    Fast enough that if my pets ability was off CD I never got hit by hundred blades r got it interrupted after first hit

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS thread needs a stickie!!
    Valar morghulis