Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP Druid Symbiosis Arena Comps Discussion

Well I absolutely can't wait to do some arena in MoP and so many teams will be rolling with druids for some extremely OP combinations. At this point in time Symbiosis can be used in arena matches and I definitely hope it makes it to live for a bit of fun.

Blizzard (as always) have been working around PvE content and PvP is just back ground noise to them.

The extra perks will make some comps extremely strong. I can't wait to play the OP combinations and look forward to the official forums QQ threads.

Season 12 OP Comps:

2s:

Feral/Disc: The feral gets dispersion!!!!! A huge defensive CD making them virtually indestructible. The priest gets cyclone!!!! instant clone, casted clone, fear, MC – GG easy wins.

Feral/Rshammy: Feral gets spirit wolves for some even more powerful burst. Shaman gets stealth!!!!

Hpally/Feral – Feral get bubble – quite nice.

3s:

Feral/Disc/Rogue, mage, DK, etc – already great comps with some extra perks.

Feral/Rshammy/Rogue, mage, etc – same as above, triple stealthies starting off and the shaman can restelath. Possible spicy fried chicken play with the team having double purge and a stelathy shammy

What other teams are people keen on playing? I'm sure there will be heaps of variation and unexpected teams making good use of symbiosis. It'll certainly make for some more interesting arena games and more fotm reroll druids.

Dont even hope this will go live for arena and rated BGs. Its clearly unbalanced as hell. If they go with this Im unsubbing for good.

i see druids being almost 100% required in 3s come s12, giving 2 classes another ability can easily turn the tables.

imo I hope it will get banned for balance reaons in Arena and BGs...

But thats just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykeus View Post
    imo I hope it will get banned for balance reaons in Arena and BGs...

But thats just me...
    I hope it will be banned but i doubt it.. It is a horribly broken ability in PvP and for me the only really bad thing in mists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i see druids being almost 100% required in 3s come s12, giving 2 classes another ability can easily turn the tables.
    It doesn't give a new ability to two class: the druid don't have a level 87 ability of his own in the first place, unlike the other classes. Druids don't get any ability of their own at level 87, they only get whatever they get when using symbiosis. If it wasn't allowed in arena it would therefore be unfair to druids.

The real extra ability being gained by an arena team with a druid is the one that the druid gives. If those abilities are so powerful as to imbalance the game they can always disable that part in arena and make it to that symbiosis only gives a spell to the druid but not to his target.

I just see resto druids being good in rbgs for an extra cd for tanks

Resto Druid + Warlock + Mage

Both ice block and teleport are great for a resto druid and rdruids are just buffed a lot. Druids also bring a lot more than just hex in the table with all the cyclones roots and some other talents like typhoon ursol's vortex or disorienting roar.

I am pretty sure that this comp will be incredible if resto druids can be anything close to being solid.

Until they buff the cd on stampeding shout for warrior symbiosis, warrior/druid will be a fairly weak comp in comparison to other symbiosis based comps.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Ferals will only be viable in 3s with a rsham due to 1. no rebirth, 2. cyclone DRs with itself, 3. class stacking LOL, which leaves rshamans.

But seriously BRB rolling druid.

Symbiosis = WAY OP

If this makes it live a druid will be mandatory in ALL pvp situations. They need to make it a one time use with a significant cd.

They couldn't get balance right in its current form thats been around for years. I have no doubt that mop balance will be an absolute mess in the beginning.
    Last edited by Shamygandof; 2012-07-26 at 09:27 PM.

another classic example of extreme overreacting to 1 ability.

1st off Spirit Wolves do close to zero dmg all it can do is the stun aspect. If its Feral/Priest the Cyclone will still share DR and the Feral is also losing practically every single defensive CD they had in Cata that made them so unstoppable.
    Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    It doesn't give a new ability to two class: the druid don't have a level 87 ability of his own in the first place, unlike the other classes. Druids don't get any ability of their own at level 87, they only get whatever they get when using symbiosis. If it wasn't allowed in arena it would therefore be unfair to druids.

The real extra ability being gained by an arena team with a druid is the one that the druid gives. If those abilities are so powerful as to imbalance the game they can always disable that part in arena and make it to that symbiosis only gives a spell to the druid but not to his target.
    Whoa get that logic out of here

The druid does not get 2 abilities, only 1 from whichever class the cast it on.

I'd be interested to see if it bugs out and you can cancel the buff on yourself - recast it on that player (6 sec cast is hella long) but then if the ability you gained would still be on CD or if it would reset.

i.e. resto druid cast it on mage, uses ice block (3 min CD), then you cancel the symbiosis buff, recast it on the mage. Would your previous IB CD be ticking down or would it reset.

The return of WLD!!

Locks have stupid amount of D cds now and would get a hot of their own, druids getting the locks port and having the hot and cc kind of playstyle already, war would be so hard to kill with second wind + hots. Tons of constant pressure from lock dots/cc and druid cc. War constantly messing shit up.

WLD is still a good comp but druid and wars are terrible right now, but in MOP I can see this comp coming back. Seriously Rdruids with a lock port? Jesus...

And just like that, it was S5... all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    another classic example of extreme overreacting to 1 ability.

1st off Spirit Wolves do close to zero dmg all it can do is the stun aspect. If its Feral/Priest the Cyclone will still share DR and the Feral is also losing practically every single defensive CD they had in Cata that made them so unstoppable.

Whoa get that logic out of here
    Another classic downplay of an OP ability by someone who plays the class it benefits. The problem is not just that the druid gets in some cases a very strong/op ability, but that another team member gets one too. FYI feral spirits might not do a lot of damage, but as you've said it does have a stun and also a heal plus spirit walk (removes all movement impairing effects and increases movement speed of you and the wolves by 60% for 15 sec). And giving priests and undisspellable cc isn't big, right? not to mention all the other op abilities other classes give and receive. Lock getting a hot and resto getting a port isn't big, right? In its current form symbiosis is way too game breaking imo.

Remember that the symbiosis skills are not as strong as the base skills. A druid giving clone is not really that useful because of DR obviously, and a lot of those symbiosis skills are only useful for PvE. Port does seem pretty tasty, but if you guys had fought any decent rdruids on beta you would know they are even MORE slippery than they are on live and that is saying a lot. Feral loses bear form god mode which makes them an easier target so you can lock them out of instant clones easier. Balance and resto are the go to specs.

Right now resto druids don't even need symbiosis to be strong. Wild Charge is stupid strong. 15 sec cooldown and you can blink forward in some forms, disengage in some forms and leap to allies. OP thing about this new skill? Mushrooms. You can plant shrooms anywhere and they count as friendly targets so you can leap to them. OP get out of trouble Z axis use number one. Add 60sec cooldown swiftness that increases the heal and hot by 50%? that is a pretty strong regrowth or a insta clone. (clone not affected by increased duration). Then give them typhoon. Yeah. The next tree is a toss up as I can see benefits to each talent. The treants heal, the 50% haste after each swiftmend is huge for clone/root casts. The next tier, vortex is just stupid strong. Couple it with a ring of frost and it is really strong. Hell, you could even use it offensively, vortex people on z axis maps and typhoon them off. Then glyphs that do things like increase lifebloom heal while decreasing hot time, lifebloom stacks moving from target to target, 30 sec cooldown nature's grasp, healing in moonkin form, etc. Oh, and now druids get barkskin and barkskin 2.0 castable on other players. (and yourself).

In short, druids don't need symbiosis to be really strong in MoP, symbiosis is more game changing for the other classes. The only issue right now with rdruids in particular is the huge amount of damage on beta. People die REALLY fast. However if you are playing a team that has the old mentality that rdruids are free kills, then you will effectively be CCing all of them while they fruitlessly chase you and your team kills them all.

About the damage though, I think everyone on beta agrees that PvP damage is WAAAAAAAAY too high. Either Blizzard know it will be different at launch for some reason or they have plans to change it. The way it is right now, the first season of MoP will be a joke because healers will be pointless. Burst is insane.

If priests can get cyclone in arenas, this game will be so broken. OMG DR is not a good argument, its not like ferals are throwing cyclones every 2 seconds on every player in the arena. Priests being able to fear/cyclone/MC with no problems would be insane. Comps like FMP would cc so hard its stupid.

Symbiosis should never give CC, that much is obvious.