Deleted

The Best PvP classes in MoP, in order ?

So hey guys, I've not been paying that much attention to the beta as I've been doing alot of 3vs3 on live and I like to see all the stuff when it comes out (Even though I do have beta access, I mainly bought AP for D3 because I knew i'd be playing for over a year anyhow).

So as the title says, what's the top classes in MoP I should look out for in the bgs or maybe try to partner with in the arena etc.

Example for patch 4.3 it'd probably be:1)Rogue
    2)Mage
    3)Warlock
    4)Rshaman (my class)
    5,6,7,8,9)yadayadayada....
    10) Arms warriors idk >.<

Just the top 10 or 11 since there are monks now >.<, I'm just curious to know how It's all going to pan out.

However I did hear that Warlocks are outdpsing rogues with Bane of Agony and Corruption alone O_o.

Thanks guys, peace.

Tbh patch 4.3 looks like

1) Warlock
    2) Rsham
    3) Rogue
    4) Ret
    5) Mage

etc

From what I gather in Mop it will probably be

1) Warlock
    2) Rdruid
    3) Warrior
    4) Mage
    5) DK

haven't played much levle 90 though
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, it will be the following:

1) BM Hunters
    2) Warrior
    3) Ele Sham
    4) Fire Mage
    5) Resto Druid/Sham

From my experience and watching others stream videos, DK's were really good but slower scaling resulted in a weaker setting. Enhancement isn't viable 1v1 but will be good in 3s with their burst being really high, almost like having a Ret with double wings; yeah, but they can be controlled and less burst. Paladins will see a drop. I cant say much of Monks but one thing will be true about them: Best FC in the game hands down. The Monk has so many distant or speed buffs that they will out run anyone and letting your team focus down a the other FC without worrying about you as no one will be touching you. Monks will not be OP like I first thought because Blizzard is trying not to make the same mistake they did in WotLK.
    Frost Mages will be outplayed by Fire because now Fire has a stun that is full duration thanks to Deep Freeze being talented. Fire has a better play style and will replace Frost as the main mage spec.
    Warlocks always look good until they go up against melee as that is their counter and even in demon form, they will still have issues, but I will say Demonology will be a good 6 or 7 spot.
    Feral Druids will be OP like no other in 1v1 but with the split from cat and bear trees, they wont be viable for 3s or any rbg. Boomkins will be fun to play with as they will be back to the glass cannon build.
    Hunters will fall back besides BM which I have at #1 until they fix the glitch which they summon too many pets. Even then, Hunters will be really good. I have SV at 6 or 7 because they will have as much CC as a rogue but a range class.
    Rogues are finally out of the OP class range. Without having a Legendary weapon and OP PvE trinket we will see less rogues being used in 3s. Another good thing is that Rogues now have to choose Prep or shadowstep. This was the best idea EVER! This single talent tier balanced ALL rogues so that no one just funnels into Sub like they did in Cataclysm.
    Shadow might be the only spec for Priests as their healers will fail to function at the start and will grow to be OP by the end of the expansion like they do every expansion since WotLK.

Prediction for top 3s team:
    Savage Cleave (my own name)
    Restoration Druid, Arms Warrior, Enhancement Shaman
    OR
    Restoration Druid, Arms Warrior, Elemental Shaman

Spell Cleave (3 dps)
    Elemental Shaman, Fire Mage, Boomkin

Shadow Cleave
    Shadow Priest, Affliction Warlock, Restoration Shaman

Deleted
    I'm fairly interested on people's opinion of 90 warrs on pvp, so I will ask... Thalais, you give a list of comments for all classes, but you didn't mention warrs though you put them on #2?

I can theorize about how it will be just like eveyone else on my class, knowing what our toolbox and others' will be, but I never finished leveling it on beta, so I want to hear more opinions of people that have actually played 90 pvp. Thanks Thalais (and others)
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-07-26 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand about Warriors at level 90 is this:
    Tier 2: Second Wind is what is keeping Warriors alive and they can seriously stay alive vs any sustain dps compared to burst dps.
    Tier 4: Shock Wave is a really powerful tool as it is a cone stun with a 20 sec CD, roughly one of the shortest CD among activate abilities IMO
    Tier 5: Mass Spell Reflection is really good and with the glyph makes your spell reflects too good vs any DPS casters
    Tier 6: Avatar, talk about the nail in the coffin ability. I have to say I'm really happy this was added but wow is it really good at 90.

Reason why Warriors will be good? Doing a 3s team with another burst scary dps will make your have a very high win ratio.
    This is why I said Arm Warrior with either an Elemental Shaman or Enhancement Shaman. Once the Shaman pops their Ascendance, everyone shuts them down. This opens you up with you high damage CD's allowing you to burst down the healer, not a DPS. Reason for the focus on the healer? Mortal Strike still will mess up the healer and your healer wont be attacked for this reason. They will be trying to jump you to save their healer. The issue is, they forget that Ascendance is a 15 second duration and no CC holds you there that long. So now they are on you while you're on the healer and suddenly the other OP damage dealer still has their ability working and they jump in and GG.

Warriors just have so many ways to burst that they blow people up.

I watched a Holy Paladin, Enhancement Shaman, and Arms Warrior do Arena in Beta from youtube. They won every battle within 20-30 seconds. So much damage that healers cant keep you up.
    Last edited by Thalais; 2012-07-26 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if resto shamans are any good? As that is my main, I'd like to know if they are any good. Also, isn't affliction the #1 lock spec, which is among the best specs in the whole game atm on beta?

Thalais, could you please link the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    From what I understand about Warriors at level 90 is this:
    Tier 2: Second Wind is what is keeping Warriors alive and they can seriously stay alive vs any sustain dps compared to burst dps.
    Tier 4: Shock Wave is a really powerful tool as it is a cone stun with a 20 sec CD, roughly one of the shortest CD among activate abilities IMO
    Tier 5: Mass Spell Reflection is really good and with the glyph makes your spell reflects too good vs any DPS casters
    Tier 6: Avatar, talk about the nail in the coffin ability. I have to say I'm really happy this was added but wow is it really good at 90.

I watched a Holy Paladin, Enhancement Shaman, and Arms Warrior do Arena in Beta from youtube. They won every battle within 20-30 seconds. So much damage that healers cant keep you up.
    Kinda suprised at mass spell reflect to be honest. I feel like vigilance is far superior in that it is basically hand of sacrifice aka cc-breaking for 12 seconds and a great defensive cd for teammates. What glyph are you talking about? I assume the glyph that makes spell reflect 5 second shorter cd but mass spell reflect stays at 1 min.

Still not seeing why rogue/caster/healer would have a problem locking down the warrior and preventing the 20-30 second wins you talk about. You dont think a PMR coming out entire team stealthed opening polys on the pally and sapping shammy while nuking war wont kinda turn the pressure around? Dunno I think wars will be solid in this patch but doubt they will be on top unless their damage is alot higher than it is now.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2012-07-26 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Thalais, could you please link the video?
    I went through my videos and I'm not finding it on my youtube clips. It was from the skillcapped subscription, I think it was cottage playing holy paladin

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Kinda suprised at mass spell reflect to be honest. I feel like vigilance is far superior in that it is basically hand of sacrifice aka cc-breaking for 12 seconds and a great defensive cd for teammates. What glyph are you talking about? I assume the glyph that makes spell reflect 5 second shorter cd but mass spell reflect stays at 1 min.

Still not seeing why rogue/caster/healer would have a problem locking down the warrior and preventing the 20-30 second wins you talk about. You dont think a PMR coming out entire team stealthed opening polys on the pally and sapping shammy while nuking war wont kinda turn the pressure around? Dunno I think wars will be solid in this patch but doubt they will be on top unless their damage is alot higher than it is now.
    You are forgetting you cant lock down a Blade storming warrior. Also Blade Storm was buffed to the point that it is like WotLK OP Blade Storm.
    I have a funny feeling that the stealth mechanic of that will be nerfed to the point that it lasts for less time.
    Also, Druids have the best or most OP CC in cyclone.
    Rogues don't have the damage they do now, Mages wont be Frost IMO but fire.

So no, PMR wont be viable until the end of the expansion if that.
    Monks are just going to cause issues for that set up since they have so much going for them to counter PMR.

More 3s team will come out of this expansion unlike cataclysm.

Rogues have just as much if not more damage in MoP than now. It's just that they now spec assassination and have better sustained and even better burst than sub ever could. Bladestorm is a shell of it's WotLK self. Critting for 20k on cloth with csmash up at 90 isn't "buffed to the point of WotLK OP blade storm". You're gutting yourself if you pick it over either of the other options.

PMR will literally ALWAYS be rank 1 viable. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Rogue damage will be fine. Rogue control will be fine. Mage control is going to be increased. Priest control AND anti-control is going to be increased. PMR will be stronger than ever come MoP.

Best PvP classes at 90:

1. Warlock: lots of tools. They won't be OP once fear starts breaking on damage again but they'll still be pretty powerful.
    2. Mage: Despite what Blizzard tells us, mages are better than ever. They still have a ton of control with even more burst and survivability.
    3. Warrior: the class finally gets utilty. And not just some utility, TONS of utility.

Those are my opinions on which classes ALONE are pretty good but as far as I've seen, S12 will actually be very well balanced. Hopefully they can get the different specs of each class in order so we can go back to WotLK levels of spec representation (2 specs of every class were gladiator/rank 1 viable). Burst does need to get toned down though.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-07-27 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

mages are looking crazy, as always..

10+ Year Old Account
    where will hunters fall into the frey, i have my arms warrior already but really like my survival hunter as well ive always noticed in arenas my warrior always does better since im not range and have to worry about any los issues

how is disc priest doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    0) monk
    1) mage
    2) druid
    3) warrior
    4) hunter
    5) deathknight
    6) warlock
    7) rogue
    8) priest
    9) shaman
    10) paladin
    11) monk

Warlock PoV so I might be biased.
    I haven't seen any good monks in arena so far so can't really tell if overpowered or underpowered.

Deleted
    1) Warlock
    2) Mage
    3) Warrior
    4) Resto Druid
    5) Mistweaver Monk
    6) Shaman
    Last edited by mmoc76237c3918; 2012-08-03 at 10:22 PM.

Since the lock nerf Warrior and Hunters are definitly the best classes right now

Best healer would probably be restodrood

Deleted
    i dont think monk is going to be that good in pvp..

For shure Warrior, warlock and balance druid are going to be pretty high