View Poll Results: will you be getting googles 1gb inernet when they release it?

Voters
269. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 1gb will give me crazy fast downloads

213 79.18%
  • No, it will be full of problems and isnt worth the price

56 20.82%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Apparently you guys also missed if you pay the $300 for getting fiber installed you get free service = to your current service.

I hope when I get out of School where ever I go has this cause I am used to high speeds heres the speedtest from IU's Wireless internet

And here is our wired speed.

wow you guys have epic internet over there I wish...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If it ever does though we'll be golden, cause most of the country is hooked up to fiber allready. Pretty sure we have one of the highest densities in both availability and usage of fiber optic in the world.
    South Korea says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    It would be nice to say you have 1gbs fiber, but when downloads are so slow because of the server they come from... It's crap. I download from steam at 2mbps but I actually get 20 up 5 down from speedtest normally.

/Dreams and Hopes
    If my memory doesn't fail me, Speedtest is in Mb/s and Steam tells you in MB/s. 20 Mb/s / 8 = 2.5 MB/s.

It's been a while since I used Steam, though.

On topic: I love you, Google. Won't be long before they enslave all of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Will it come to Canada? ;>
    We'll be stuck with Bell and Rogers/Shaw FOREVER!

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflcopterz View Post
    If my memory doesn't fail me, Speedtest is in Mb/s and Steam tells you in MB/s. 20 Mb/s / 8 = 2.5 MB/s.

It's been a while since I used Steam, though.

On topic: I love you, Google. Won't be long before they enslave all of humanity.
    Is it really slavery if we're willing to follow? I'd just call that charisma. But yes, if this comes to my area I'll certainly double down for it just to rub it in my friend's faces. I will never. lag. again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by roflcopterz View Post
    Amen.... Im not trying to get a job with Google for the money or job security... its because I want to be on the inside when the ships with giant "G"s on the side, decend and people start being upducted for "reprogramming".
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah, my DL speed is 70m/bps tested on speed test website and UL is 8m/bps Im pretty comfortable with that speed and ping is 6ms. I love Cox Communications

I'm still trying to see that catch here. It seems a bit to good to be true. That said, it appears to be amazing, and a huge upgrade from what I have, and I'm paying $70/month, so there's no difference in prince.

...too bad the world is going to end in 2012, right?

I would kill for google fiber here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    We'll be stuck with Bell and Rogers/Shaw FOREVER!
    We will never get it because monopolization is legal in Canada we will only have the big 3 for ever qq. I am pretty happy with shaw i just wish they had better upload is is like $80 cdn plus taxes tho QQ.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2012-07-26 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    We will never get it because monopolization is legal in Canada we will only have the big 3 for ever qq.
    They also complain about population density.

Gotta love $80/month for

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I would kill for google fiber here.
    Same here. It will be years and years before it comes to my low population town out in BFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    It would be nice to say you have 1gbs fiber, but when downloads are so slow because of the server they come from... It's crap. I download from steam at 2mbps but I actually get 20 up 5 down from speedtest normally.

/Dreams and Hopes
    ever heard of downloading multiple files?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Scotland will ever get that...

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    We will never get it because monopolization is legal in Canada we will only have the big 3 for ever qq. I am pretty happy with shaw i just wish they had better upload.
    and you know the other reason, putting down millions of miles of fiber cable is not cheap...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm with them on 50MB/sec and it's supposedly going up to 100MB/sec. I don't get the best speeds but no throttling, no cap.
    It'll be going up to 120MB/sec instead of 100MB/sec because they accidentally released 120MB/sec to an area or something like that. We've gone from 50MB/sec to 120MB/sec and I'd say it's pretty good. I live roughly 10miles from Leeds.

On topic; I'd definitely consider this if it became available in the UK.

Deleted
    That's crazy, is there any plan to release it in the UK?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themmochampion1 View Post
    and you know the other reason, putting down millions of miles of fiber cable is not cheap...
    The bigger cites all ready have fiber.

Deleted
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2085993018.png for 24$/month. Usually upload is higher

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    im hoping that the UK ISP ( Virgin media currently at 100mb ) or (BT currently at 50mb) will match this speed by the time google broadband coems to the UK ( IF ever ). untill then i can live with 100mb.