Thread: Madness Help

Cool Madness Help

Hi all, I'm the raid leader of a not so competitive guild and we are just beginning our progression on Heroic Madness.

Our comp:

Tanks
    Blood DK
    Prot Pally
    (Both have OS, blood DK has much stronger OS)

Heals
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pally
    Resto Shaman(Has an ele OS)

DPS
    Arcane Mage
    Boomy
    Survival Hunter
    Combat Rogue
    Frost DK

I was planning on having our DK dps and our Pally tank. I would use our hunter to soak the 2nd impales and our rogue could possibly do them as well.
    My questions are would this work? Should I make the mage go fire(He does good dps in either spec)? Should we 2 or 3 heal this?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to report back with a kill this week!

Deleted
    with mad in his current state you should 1 tank 2 heal. this way you wont have any second impales till platform 4, where the rogue can take it while everyone else is stacking for the bolt impact damage. you're biggest problem now is likely to be killing the bloods before they heal him in phase 2, with this much dps it wont be an issue(ensure tht only one person is slowing them)

Unless you're having DPS issues, like the corruption not dying before the 2nd Parasite (on platforms 1-3), I would just run with two Tanks and not bother with a DPS soaking an Impale. It just adds an extra layer of complexity that isn't necessary. Raids used to have to sacrifice a Tank in order to meet DPS requirements, but after the 30% nerf it shouldn't be a problem.

Fire mage >>> Arcane on this fight.

3 Heal definitely.

You have the perfect raid comp for P2.

What smeehee said works well. Only thing I'd add is that it can be much, much easier to 3 heal rather than 2 while you learn. At times the damage can be pretty high and if your healers aren't up to par it's easy to wipe.

I kinda disagree with Stasis. We used to 2 tank it but one tank is just so much easier. Especially if the blood dk is good at frost for phase 2.

If the mage is equally comfortable with both specs then force him to go fire, its far superior for this fight, even if its just for blastwave in phase 2.

I tank this fight as a pally, just remind yours to constantly scream for pain supp on the 3rd platforms impale and hes golden.

Finally 3 heals. It's a long fight and when progressing its best to play it safe. There are always tradeoffs to be made but 3 healers gives you a wider margin for error on crush damage and parasite explosions etc.

Deleted
    as already said ... 2 tank and 3 heal is the safe way ... if you have dps probs (as you have downed spine ... you shouldn't) try it with 2 heal ... also 1 tank is possible ... in this case i suggest the blood DK ... AMS is great for the final platform and furthermore DK can tank without impale without external CD's (hand from pally is always good) ... if 2nd impale on a plattform is casted ... your rogue or hunter can "absorb" it

for us the most important aspect of the fight was/is the slow on the blood on the final plattform ... as you have a hunter and a mage and a DK it shouldn't be a big problem for you ... hunter throws a trap and mage does the initial slow on the first spawning blood (cone of frost (i hope thats the name of the spell) or blastwave - DK has the passive Chillblains; also rogue can slow 70% with the poison) ... it is just important that all the blood stick together ... if you go with the priest as healer tell him to cast mind-sear on one of the melees (macro) if you struggle with them ... mind-sear is just great as it ticks very fast

hope this helps you

Deleted
    We killed spine hc this week,and 7 tries after madness hc was down.In the first 2 tries we tried 3healing 1 tank and barelly killing before 2nd impale.Healers said it was way too easy to heal so we switched to 2healing 1tank and killed a bit later.We used blood dk as main tank and he didnt rly have a problem surviving impales and p2 terrors seemed like they did 0 dmg.For the slows we had a rogue with crippling.On our kill try Our rogue died lasst second of blue platform so i was doing the slows as frost dk.Fire mages are awesome for the initial slow.Really easy fight compared to spine

Make your life easy, 1 tank, 2 heal it. This means you have the dps and only have to deal with one impale making a 2nd tank pointless.

This is what we used recently for our first kill, its much easier than spine. The only issue is keeping the tank alive for the impale on the 3rd platform. As a blood dk, just build up a big blood shield and get a hand of sac from the pally on every impale. Lots of posts on here already on what cds to use.

Our first time seeing phase II we had 5 ppl alive, our 2nd time we downed it. Very easy with the 30% nerf. Figure out the parasites, keep tank alive on 3rd platform = gg

Thank you for all the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Howd you end up doing Talindra? Just wondering cause we are going to go 1 tank and 2 heals starting on tuesday night to see if thats easier. Im imagining it is since all of our dps is around 55k or higher. So we should finally get that 4th platform corruption dead before the 2nd impale which would be sweet.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/