World Boss Loot [Galleon, Sha of Anger, etc]

I've been wondering about the world bosses in MoP, specially bout their loots; who can roll on loots? I know that Galleon world boss has a rare mount drop [lv 90.] he will reset every 24 hours (at least that's what I've heard from the mmo-champion video)

My question is do you have to be in the same raid group to be able to roll on the loots (the people who have tagged the world boss first within the same raid group, raid leader will decide if it's gonna be master loot, etc) OR it's gonna be like the new LFR, the system will decide who will win the loot, no options for NEED / GREED, all you have to do is just to participate in the fight (yeah, that means other faction can help to kill the world boss and get the loots)

PS: it reminds me about Gruul the Hungerer, or the Blood arena; (Nagrand; TBC) there's a quest to kill these elites, and you wont get the credit if other group tagged em first.

If the boss is tagged before the raid pulls the credit most likely go to nobody this is due to that individual not doing a significant amount of damage kind of like luring a mob to a npc and not being able to loot it after the npc kills it. If the raid pulls and downs it all members in the group are eligible for loot and is distributed like normal drops from any other raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    If the boss is tagged before the raid pulls the credit most likely go to nobody this is due to that individual not doing a significant amount of damage kind of like luring a mob to a npc and not being able to loot it after the npc kills it. If the raid pulls and downs it all members in the group are eligible for loot and is distributed like normal drops from any other raid boss.
    so that means people will have to compete to tag the boss first? spotting the world boss, assembling a raid group, deciding who is the leader, getting healer / tank (the hardest part), and loot system (master loot, free rolls), lol it's gonna be really bad; specially on PvP servers. other faction kill the tank and that's it =_=

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    so that means people will have to compete to tag the boss first? spotting the world boss, assembling a raid group, deciding who is the leader, getting healer / tank (the hardest part), and loot system (master loot, free rolls), lol it's gonna be really bad; specially on PvP servers. other faction kill the tank and that's it =_=
    Hah! That's what made it so fun and annoying at the same time, Mainly killing the tank / Healers part.

Sounds like raiding to me.....

we killed sha of anger world boss back when the hunter glitch existed and he dropped no loot. Have they updated it?

Quote Originally Posted by solaceofwinter View Post
    we killed sha of anger world boss back when the hunter glitch existed and he dropped no loot. Have they updated it?
    that's what I wanna know; about the world boss loot system.
    fyi: I'm in "no beta club" :\

edit: how many world bosses are there in MoP expansion? they should update the world boss in vashjir (whale shark) & the dragons in azeroth.
    Last edited by Number1gentleman; 2012-07-27 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it worked so that everyone who tagged the creature was eligable for loot and the loot was distributed exactly the same way as the new LFR system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i thought it worked so that everyone who tagged the creature was eligable for loot and the loot was distributed exactly the same way as the new LFR system.
    That would be fantastic, if... Kinda exploitable? The mount could presumably go to someone who has it. And if one can get the bag while offline, they could presumably tag it, log out, log onto an alt, tag it, repeat ad nauseum.

Blizzard have already announced that world boss loot is per-person loot, just like LFR. Your raid will still have to tag the boss first though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    That would be fantastic, if... Kinda exploitable? The mount could presumably go to someone who has it. And if one can get the bag while offline, they could presumably tag it, log out, log onto an alt, tag it, repeat ad nauseum.
    I'd assume that they'd implement something that'll ensure that mounts don't go to people who already have them. That much faith I still have in Blizzard.

edit: how many world bosses are there in MoP expansion? they should update the world boss in vashjir (whale shark) & the dragons in azeroth.
    Yes loot tables have been updated , they are slated to drop epics and Galleon is guaranteed to drop a mount that looks similar. They exist in the exact same form every world boss has. It will be a pvp shitstorm and there yeah there will be competing raids. The respawn timer isn't too bad though and after the content gets older less people will be killing them.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 05:19 AM ----------

Oh yeah and the whale shark never dropped loot ans is a funsies boss and the dragons are dead lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Blizzard have already announced that world boss loot is per-person loot, just like LFR. Your raid will still have to tag the boss first though.
    I just found some answers!!!! lol and no it doesn't have to be in raid group. edit*** nvm you need to be in a raid group, so each kill = max 40 people in raid. idk if world bosses have loot lockouts per week or not.

World bosses use the same loot systems as the Raid Finder (even though you dont have to be in a group / raid group) according to : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/473...27_2012#blog .
    In that blog entry, Ghostcrawler very carefully avoids explaining exactly how the winners are determined. I believe that this is because the final algorithm has not yet been locked down. However, reading between the lines, it's pretty clear that there won't be a fixed number of winners. Loot is individual. What and whether other people win can't affect what or whether you win. As such, it's theoretically possible (although extremely unlikely) that all 25 people could win.

Here's the critical quote from Ghostcrawler:

Question:If my raiding guild is about to take on a world boss, and some lonely hunter is asking to join the group (it’s always a lonely hunter, isn’t it?), it would be nice to be able to bring him on without worrying about that jerk taking loot away from me or my friends. We want to foster a “the more the merrier” attitude with world bosses.

Answer:This is why it’s so important to us that the size of the group shouldn’t matter. We don’t want guilds to try to kill a world boss with the smallest number of players necessary in order to maximize loot per player. When everyone has their own chance at loot, why not make the group as large as you can?

case closed
    Last edited by Number1gentleman; 2012-07-27 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I'd assume that they'd implement something that'll ensure that mounts don't go to people who already have them. That much faith I still have in Blizzard.
    They don't need to, Joe Bloggs winning his 4th duplicate mount doesn't change your chance of winning it under the LFR system.

If I remember correctly in vanilla when attempting a world boss other people would crash to either help or crash to kill other players. It was complete mayhem with 40 people! but it was really fun!

I think they mentioned in their explanation on the new LFR loot system that world bosses would work the same way and that others could get loot too if they helped out enough... Obviously that's a while ago and might've never been the case.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going from memory here:
    Nothing is set in stone.
    The LFR loot distribution will be used.
    Loot will go to the raid that tagged first or does the most damage(they were still figuring out all this, like i said nothing is final)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    If I remember correctly in vanilla when attempting a world boss other people would crash to either help or crash to kill other players. It was complete mayhem with 40 people! but it was really fun!
    Dragons of Nightmare death match. The best kind of PvP.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Going from memory here:
    Nothing is set in stone.
    The LFR loot distribution will be used.
    Loot will go to the raid that tagged first or does the most damage(they were still figuring out all this, like i said nothing is final)
    heh "the most damage" I'm reminded of the horror stories I've heard from my friend who played FFXI saying that there would be guilds who would watch other guilds try to kill rare world boss-types, then the guild not fighting would have all their healers over heal the fighting raid group to get aggro and then get the kill credit.

They could always do like what was in Warhammer, anyone could tag it and get loot, however how much effort you put into it, determines what kind of loot you get. Like let's say the people who actually put forth effort into killing the boss will have a shot at the mount, while Billy McScrubberson who just auto shoots and sips on his Caprisun, won't be eligible for anything more than a blue bag of random dungeon loot.

It's been a while since I played WAR, so I'm not sure if I got that right or not, but I remember something similar happening.