Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    543 because wtf is Thunderforged, and spark isn't BiS, BBoY has way more haste, and now gained extra 8 ilvls over it.
    HWF BBoY - 2.7k haste, HTF Spark -1.9k
    3 haste gems to crit right there.
    Yeah, well that trinket doesn't drop either :/

Skeers for life fuck static haste trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Skeers for life fuck static haste trinkets
    Implying it drops TT
    So far only thing i got is N Thok, H Spark and flex Skeers <_<

It's funny, because pretty much no one wants skeer's trinket. I managed to get H and HWF on my warrior, our paladin picked up a H version last week. We seem to get one almost every week.

But, I did manage to go this week and pick up absolutely nothing other than a HWF polearm for my offset. The joys of raiding at 561 when everyone else is 580.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all just started back last week. Tanking 25s for the first time and having some fun with it. Question though, my trinkets are kindof starting to lag behind in ivl a bit. 530 shadowpan EXP to haste and a Normal mode Spark also at 530. What should I be looking for these days as far as upgrades? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B5s/advanced for reference. Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Hey all just started back last week. Tanking 25s for the first time and having some fun with it. Question though, my trinkets are kindof starting to lag behind in ivl a bit. 530 shadowpan EXP to haste and a Normal mode Spark also at 530. What should I be looking for these days as far as upgrades? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B5s/advanced for reference. Thanks for any help you guys can give!
    Ilvl means little for trinkets. With that said, if that's all you have, Spark + SPA exp are both solid choices. Trinkets are fight and content dependent; there's no such thing as a pure BiS list or them. Knowing that, if you need stamina and/or plan to do heroics, Vial off Malk is very strong. Thok's Tail Tip is as close as we can get to pure BiS.

For talents, we're taking EF now, not Sacred Shield, and unless it was for a particular fight, you want to go with Unbreakable Spirit over Clemency in general especially in 25s. I find when doing 10s that Clemency has more value because there are fewer healers to rely on; my offheals/sacs therefore increase in value.

Gem straight haste most of the time, e.g. your shoulders have +480 stamina, pretty worthless for NM content at a 555 ilvl. You could have +640 haste instead; the strength bonus is junk.

Take DP (or HA if you're not confident) instead of SW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Ilvl means little for trinkets. With that said, if that's all you have, Spark + SPA exp are both solid choices. Trinkets are fight and content dependent; there's no such thing as a pure BiS list or them. Knowing that, if you need stamina and/or plan to do heroics, Vial off Malk is very strong. Thok's Tail Tip is as close as we can get to pure BiS.

For talents, we're taking EF now, not Sacred Shield, and unless it was for a particular fight, you want to go with Unbreakable Spirit over Clemency in general especially in 25s. I find when doing 10s that Clemency has more value because there are fewer healers to rely on; my offheals/sacs therefore increase in value.

Gem straight haste most of the time, e.g. your shoulders have +480 stamina, pretty worthless for NM content at a 555 ilvl. You could have +640 haste instead; the strength bonus is junk.

Take DP (or HA if you're not confident) instead of SW.
    Those are some solid tips there. Not going to defend my choices but I'll try to explain them. Trinkets I also have a Flex FF Core and an Alacrity of Xuen. Talents are leftovers from 10m, TBH was running with 1-2 careless dps so I had to be more self reliant then, also pretty sure this was before EF got a buff? Clemency was for horridon so I could solo tank it. SW was a damage booster/emergency CD. I can see the benefits of switching to your suggestions for 25's, doing it shortly. The gemming is just what the AMR site said to do. I use it for quick hit/exp capping thats about it really. Are we still at at 50% softcap on haste? I was hitting that in raid last week so not sure if its still a thing to stop there or not.

Edit: Testing DP on the dummies, seems very RNG, Not liking it as much as I did the on demand from SW.
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2014-05-24 at 04:27 PM.

You're not close to 'haste cap'; the attack speed buff doesn't count. It's about 21k unbuffed, and you're ~14k.

All I'll say in favor of DP is this: from what I have seen, heroic raid tanks use it and love it. I can't think of any good heroic tanks who take Sanctified Wrath seriously. Few of them take Holy Avenger. I was just as skeptical of DP when everyone was advising me to use it back in early ToT. I figured, hey, all these guys know what they're doing, so I may as well try it out. Never looked back, and in fact absolutely hate solo soaking Blood Rage 25H because it requires me to take Holy Avenger.

Deleted
    I can't think of any good heroic tanks who take Sanctified Wrath seriously
    *runs away crying*

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    *runs away crying*
    Welp, I meant 'take' as in select it, not consider it. I remember those posts. :P

Deleted
    Welp, I meant 'take' as in select it, not consider it. I remember those posts. :P
    Whale whale. If I had fished up a Malkorok trinket from the sea earlier on my voyage I would probably have selected SW to reel in some of the boss kills.

Okay... enough fish references
    It is true though, most fights favor DP. The fights that I would ever consider to take anything other than DP:

Malkorok (duh): HA without Malk trink / SW with
    Thok: SW if you go high stacks / Malk trink, HA if you dont got trink/low stacks. Basically depends on strat how well they will fit in.
    Siegecrafter: HA if you need an extra dps CD for killing adds, DP for actually higher survivability
    Paragons: ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ I dont even know, it could be useful with SW/HA for some vengeace cheesing, scorpion abusing or surviving Ka'Roz / Kil'ruk in the end.

That said, I used DP for all those bosses except Malkorok where I used HA before I got the trink and SW after.
    DP is just superior for most fights, but it is not that far ahead that the others is not an option. You could do 14/14H with any talent without holding your raid group back. DP is just slightly ahead on most fights. In the end it becomes a matter of playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I also used it for Thok. Did not feel like I needed an extra CD really, the consistancy of DP felt nice and I really liked getting some extra EFs during kite phases which was really a huge plus for progression.

I use DP for almost every fight, the only fight i don't is Malk, and that's just because it's what i've always used, just can't be bothered to change since it's farm.

i personally find it to be really nice at haste cap with 4pc. With 4pc you can fish for DP procs and get a metric ton of them throughout a given fight. Never tried SW this tier, and since my current progress is Blackfuse 25H, i can't be bothered to try, because i've found DP to be really nice (getting procs when i come back to blackfuse from killing a shredder, and he's in enrage is really nice).

On another note, i picked up a HWF vial last week, and my RL and other officers have been pushing me to use it on pretty much every fight, i've tried to tell them that double AMP or skeer's is better on most fights, they seem to think CDR is the best thing in the world, pisses me off so much! one day they will understand how tanking works now, and that stam is not good, and that the CDR is not amazing, it's good, but i personally don't think it's worth giving up all the stats from PPoP, or the crit from Skeer's. /end rant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    On another note, i picked up a HWF vial last week, and my RL and other officers have been pushing me to use it on pretty much every fight, i've tried to tell them that double AMP or skeer's is better on most fights, they seem to think CDR is the best thing in the world, pisses me off so much! one day they will understand how tanking works now, and that stam is not good, and that the CDR is not amazing, it's good, but i personally don't think it's worth giving up all the stats from PPoP, or the crit from Skeer's. /end rant
    CDR is quite good on both Siegecrafter and Klaxxi however. But at your 575 ilvl that really should not matter at all.

I use DP on everything except Malkorok and Thok (Holy Avenger).

Don't get me wrong, i wasn't saying it was bad, but as you said, at 575 ilvl it doesn't really matter.

It is actually really, really good for Thok and Siegecrafter (also malkorok cause wings come up on blood crazed phase when you pop them on pull)

And it is 'kinda' necessary for Garrosh if you want to soak annihilates for vengeance.
    Yeah, i have no issue using it on the last 4 bosses and malk, my main issue was people being stupid and wanting me to use it on farm content other than those bosses, glad to get other peoples opinions though

*no heroic trinkets club*
    So far the only SoO trinkets that dropped for me were coin roll on normal TTT and H Rook's that dropped.
    Still waiting on anything else to drop, at least to play around with T_T.
    (P.S. coin rolling 4 devilfang rings is amazing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    *no heroic trinkets club*
    So far the only SoO trinkets that dropped for me were coin roll on normal TTT and H Rook's that dropped.
    Still waiting on anything else to drop, at least to play around with T_T.
    (P.S. coin rolling 4 devilfang rings is amazing)
    I had H:Rooks and H:Malk within the first 2 resets. Or nah, got Malk on the third

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I had H:Rooks and H:Malk within the first 2 resets. Or nah, got Malk on the third
    24 heroic and normal Thok kills with a bonus roll used on each kill, no upgrade to my flex TTT :/