Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I didn't get a chance to try solo tanking since our bear druid is stubborn on normals, if you take UBS will the CD on DS reset to let you drop with that or do you have to alternate DS and BoPs?
    You still need to alternate. Or, well it is easier if you alternate. To get full effect you are going to need external bops aswell.

Basically, you wanna use 2-3 bops per cycle of phases. Depending on how fast you deal with the red adds.

Usually you bop right after beams start. Then you just bop again whenever you can. It is optional to BoP during the maze phase, it is more like, if you have extra bops, just use them, don't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Megaera not even mechanically hard to solo tank. Just need a high health pool tank to be able to eat dual breaths, alternative a very special raid setup that have someone that is not a tank to range tank it. (Warlocks can range tank a head for example)

Though to be honest, had a rough plan for Iron Qon and Twins, just had not had time to test them yet, as I did not do those on PTR and didn't try 1 tank on live.

You can reset the stacks. Stacks fall off themselves during the beam phase and just BoP during the colorblind phase.
    Armory link? Curious as to how you gear.

in 5.0 i was using Holy wrath in my macro but after 5.1 and until now holy warth share the cd with all of our skills so i cant put it on macro

is anyone of u guys used it in 5.2 ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Armory link? Curious as to how you gear.
    Gems all haste, haste/exp red, haste/stam&hit in blue.

All enchants possible into haste.
    Dancing steel
    Mastery enchant on shield

Rest standard.

Often using 1 stamina trinket + ghost iron dragonling but that is because no trinket has dropped yet.

Sitting on 11.35 expertise atm, hit cap. 13800 haste, 0 parry, 0 dodge (285 dodge from enchants), 1800 mastery rating.

But not like I suggest anyone to gear like me. I gear like I do for a reason that I know myself. I think people should do the same. Tanking is not a guide that you follow this and get 1 on meters. You actually need to understand how tanking works, it is an art. There is no point to follow someones guide/gear if you do not understand why.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    in 5.0 i was using Holy wrath in my macro but after 5.1 and until now holy warth share the cd with all of our skills so i cant put it on macro

Ehr, holy wrath always shared CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post

What macro, or what are you trying to do? Castsequence/lazytank macro?

HW has been on the GCD for as long as I can remember, not sure what other shared CD you could be talking about. But yes, I have used it in 5.2 a time or 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    HW has been on the GCD for as long as I can remember, not sure what other shared CD you could be talking about. But yes, I have used it in 5.2 a time or 2
    Hell, HW used to have a cast time on it for that matter. It's never been off the GCD though.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

On Durumu (10) last night (went in after the 25 man raid was over to kill the *********) I solo tanked it. HoPur on the 4th stack, Bubble immediately after the 6th. Would stack to 5 and then the maze phase would begin, then the stack would drop normally. Next phase I BoP'd myself at 6 stacks, then let it stack up to 5 at which point the maze phase began again. Bubble was ready again when I reached my next 6 stacks. Gear is 508 equipped.

Hell, HW used to have a cast time on it for that matter. It's never been off the GCD though.
    Oh yeahhhh...when it had the Fear Ward icon and only hit Undead/Demon. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    On Durumu (10) last night (went in after the 25 man raid was over to kill the *********) I solo tanked it. HoPur on the 4th stack, Bubble immediately after the 6th. Would stack to 5 and then the maze phase would begin, then the stack would drop normally. Next phase I BoP'd myself at 6 stacks, then let it stack up to 5 at which point the maze phase began again. Bubble was ready again when I reached my next 6 stacks. Gear is 508 equipped.
    I noticed that pattern as well, and am going to try using that on our next normal kill, just for funsies. Not sure it will be doable on Heroic for quite a while, but we don't even have pulls on him yet, so I suppose I should just be patient on that.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-03-20 at 03:08 PM.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeahhhh...when it had the Fear Ward icon and only hit Undead/Demon. Good times.

I noticed that pattern as well, and am going to try using that on our next normal kill, just for funsies. Not sure it will be doable on Heroic for quite a while, but we don't even have pulls on him yet, so I suppose I should just be patient on that.
    Get that avatar. Now!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Get that avatar. Now!
    See my new sig from Malth

ShotR, BoG-WoG, LAotL, other pally acronyms.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    See my new sig from Malth

ShotR, BoG-WoG, LAotL, other pally acronyms.
    I lold.

#GhostcrawlersParentsWereKilledByAPaladin

Deleted
    Didn't they one tank 25heroic?

Hand of Purity no longer reduces the damage dealt by effects that ignore immunities.

Can anyone explain this to me, and which fights this ability is no longer a must have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    Hand of Purity no longer reduces the damage dealt by effects that ignore immunities.

Can anyone explain this to me, and which fights this ability is no longer a must have.
    Current content, Council.

Are Dodge and Parry socket bonuses worth getting? Currently I'm putting 320 Haste in every socket for an item that has a socket bonus other than Stamina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Are Dodge and Parry socket bonuses worth getting? Currently I'm putting 320 Haste in every socket for an item that has a socket bonus other than Stamina.
    Depends if you've reached a haste plateau.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I would say, no. Not a dodge or parry one. Depending on how big the socket bonus and how many sockets I have to go hybrid on, I often pick up all crit/mastery/haste/stamina socket bonuses

By the way. Something horrible happened to me. I know I shared it in another thread, but had to share it here too.

I just got... my... first... dodge piece
    I still got 0 parry but now I got 500 dodge! It feels horrible! I feel violated! But I had to take it cuz, item level...
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-21 at 11:29 AM.

It also depends on the socket colour. I mean, look at your reforges. Would putting 160 expertise/120 stamina in a red socket with a dodge bonus mean that you could reforge and get more haste or mastery out of your gear (swapping the 170 haste enchant on gloves for 170 expertise last night meant I could reforge and end up with 60 haste rating more than I had before).

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It also depends on the socket colour. I mean, look at your reforges. Would putting 160 expertise/120 stamina in a red socket with a dodge bonus mean that you could reforge and get more haste or mastery out of your gear (swapping the 170 haste enchant on gloves for 170 expertise last night meant I could reforge and end up with 60 haste rating more than I had before).
    Yeah, what he said. Never say never about socket bonuses. Let's say you're hovering around hit cap, usually just on one side or the other, as most of us are. If you have a Y/B socketed piece with a dodge bonus, you COULD go straight haste (640), but you could also go Haste, Haste/Hit and get 480 haste, 160 hit and 120 dodge. This can allow you to get closer to a hit/exp cap without going over. Not saying the dodge is the perk here, but free stats are free. Personally, I always match up bonuses just cause I'm anal about that, but also because of our preference for capping hit/exp, pretty much any color bonus can be made to work towards that goal.
    20k and counting...

Are the prot paladin tier pieces worth getting? We've been funneling the tokens to our priest since their set bonuses are pretty good (IIRC), but i'm wondering if I should even bother until everyone else has their 4-piece. The off-set pieces seem pretty good, and from what I've been reading here, our set bonuses are pretty weak.

New prot paladin here, appreciate the help.