Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simiir View Post
    So basically we gonna take the "dps" gear for prot? Like the boots from Sha of Anger quest item, (i cant link atm need more posts) but the angerforged stompers with Haste and mastery, instead for the tank boots: mindfire sollerets, with parry and dodge?

yes /10char

Deleted
    Just reforged all my gear to haste (Expertise is almost hard capped, 14.76% and hit is at 8%)
    Can happily say my damage, healing and damage taken is sick right now.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Just reforged all my gear to haste (Expertise is almost hard capped, 14.76% and hit is at 8%)
    Can happily say my damage, healing and damage taken is sick right now.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    You could reforge that hit to expertise and get both capped at the 7.5% and 15% Also, now do the same with those hit/exp values and go as mastery and notice the smoothing is the same and the total damage reduction is higher, and the rotation is a lot more forgiving.

Also, we should end our posts for the next few days with that smiley.

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You could reforge that hit to expertise and get both capped at the 7.5% and 15% Also, now do the same with those hit/exp values and go as mastery and notice the smoothing is the same and the total damage reduction is higher, and the rotation is a lot more forgiving. {◕ ◡ ◕}
    From what I have seen in my gearing experiements, the added HPS outweighs the TDR from mastery. While yes, you take slightly more damage overall with haste, you heal for alot more which actually in reality causes you to "take" less damage. ( Ofc you take more damage but it is still less damage for healers to heal ).

Also one thing that most people overlook is that added dps from haste.

One thing that I think is a comon misinterpreation is that mastery does not require a perfect rotation aswell.

As it is now, paladins need a good rotation, wether they use mastery or haste. It is not like you can fuck up your rotation if you have mastery build. It is just less noticable, but still very important. So would not say that mastery build is any more "forgiving". If anything, one could argue that haste is sometimes more forgiving aswell.

If you hit the wrong GCD, using a haste build you have a shorter GCD which allows you to use the "correct" spell faster.

So all in all, I think rotation is just as important in both builds. Mastery is slightly more forgiving if you are completely clueless, and haste is slightly more forgiving if you just hit the wrong button. However both difference is negliable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You could reforge that hit to expertise and get both capped at the 7.5% and 15% Also, now do the same with those hit/exp values and go as mastery and notice the smoothing is the same and the total damage reduction is higher, and the rotation is a lot more forgiving.

Also, we should end our posts for the next few days with that smiley.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Been trying to farm that trinket from Scholomance that has the strength on use and like 838 odd expertise? It looks so beautiful and so reforgetastic.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    From what I have seen in my gearing experiements, the added HPS outweighs the TDR from mastery. While yes, you take slightly more damage overall with haste, you heal for alot more which actually in reality causes you to "take" less damage. ( Ofc you take more damage but it is still less damage for healers to heal ).

Also one thing that most people overlook is that added dps from haste.

One thing that I think is a comon misinterpreation is that mastery does not require a perfect rotation aswell.

As it is now, paladins need a good rotation, wether they use mastery or haste. It is not like you can fuck up your rotation if you have mastery build. It is just less noticable, but still very important. So would not say that mastery build is any more "forgiving". If anything, one could argue that haste is sometimes more forgiving aswell.

If you hit the wrong GCD, using a haste build you have a shorter GCD which allows you to use the "correct" spell faster.

So all in all, I think rotation is just as important in both builds. Mastery is slightly more forgiving if you are completely clueless, and haste is slightly more forgiving if you just hit the wrong button. However both difference is negliable.
    Haste is more dependent on the rotaton though. If you cannot get the buff up, you get smacked hard and regular. With mastery, you wont get smacked as hard and often. Rotation is obviously important but I really see it being more important than for mastery because haste is buff dependent and mastery isnt, to survive.

However, I am most disappointed in your lack of posting that face on your message! But anyway I'l test these things out this weekend because I'm still level 85, gogo Nottingham University blocking the ports for all online games

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Haste and Mastery are on par.
    If not, it's like 49% Haste and 51% Mastery. That's how minor the difference is.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically we gonna take the "dps" gear for prot? Like the boots from Sha of Anger quest item, (i cant link atm need more posts) but the angerforged stompers with Haste and mastery, instead for the tank boots: mindfire sollerets, with parry and dodge?
    In a nutshell, yes. Any plate gear that doesn't have crit on it is good for us.

That is an exception to the rule, the Wraithplate boots are better than the angerforged stompers due to the socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

The prot paladin of happiness.

Deleted
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Guardian of Ancient Happiness

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Avenging Happiness

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Holy Smiler

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Hammer of the Happiness

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Happiness

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Seal of Happiness

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Happiness Strike

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Happiness Shield

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Happisecration

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Hand of Happiness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Hand of Happiness
    If you know what I mean *wink wink*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you know what I mean *wink wink*
    At first I was like: {◕ ◡ ◕}

But then after reading your post, I was like: {◕ _ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that we might want to get back to the topic of the thread.

But be happy about it.

{◕ ◡ ◕}
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for my great return this weekend. Because I was in a rush, I managed to leave my authenticator key on my desk at university and I am now at home. I'm such a moron I now cannot access the game this weekend in all likelihood. I sent them an email with the request but it'll probably take a long time and they'll want more information but what can I do really. Ah well, I live in hope but lets be honest, I'll have to wait until christmas now.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 09:35 AM ----------

They removed my authenticator! Wooo! Time to nerd it out motherfuckaaas. Time to slice some panda testicles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I think that we might want to get back to the topic of the thread.

But be happy about it.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

In all seriousness, yay Merinpally is back.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to various reasons I didn't get to play half as long as I hoped yesterday. Due to this I finally went to bed due to lack of drive to power through the tiredness last night when I was lvl 87 and 75% in. Having only just woken up, I'll hit levle 88 and not long after, have to begin packing to go back to univ.

On the plus side I got a bit of an insight into playing us but due to the fact I quested not dungeons as I can't stand dungeon leveling, I don't have the full picture but I'm slightly aware by first hand experience of stuff now.

Will see you guys, level 90, at Christmas.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

You should, at least, do each dungeon once, you get nearly half a million experience by turning in the two quests in each dungeon, doing a dungeon for the first time is easily 2-3 million experience if rested and with the guild experience bonus.