10+ Year Old Account
    I did gg as prot, just pop cd's and eat shit for vengeance, then go ham on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amie573 View Post
    Ok done the passives and acronyms and a little bit of editing
    No... I believe I did that.

On a serious note (and one to make this post less spammy than the above bot) thanks for the info on the Brawlers Guild - I gave it a go back when I was able to play but want to try it again when I return so want to realistically see how far I can get in it as prot before I have to play the dreaded ret. Out of my own sense of stubbornness I'll avoid it but equally have no qualms about doing what's required for progress, be it personal or raid...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

You'll be able to do up to rank 5 without too many issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You'll be able to do up to rank 5 without too many issues.
    In what kind of gear level - the one in my signature? I mean, once I return I'm not sure how much I'll be able to go mental but my gear should improve dramatically, probably to a good set of current raid normal gear as I won't be around long enough for me in all good conscience to even put myself forward for heroics as it'll fuck up the raid in the long term.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I did up to rank 3 or 4, but then I got bored and stopped. That was in 490-492ish and I was nowhere near the enrage timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good I'm a tad lower than that and believe I'm just beginning rank 3... Can't exactly remember but should be around that, won't be rank 4 but pretty sure I'm on the last of rank 2 or actually commenced 3. With a few upgrades should be fine but I'm still unhappy I'll have to break my hit and exp... got 2211 hit and 5100 exp exactly... Gona be absolutely gutted when I lose it

Am the kind of person where I will happily spend a few k if it means that I gain even 1 or 2 stat points. Think just before I quit I spent it was like 300g on reforges and regemming shit so that I could drop from 5110 exp or something really that close, down even lower (to perfect number this time) for the sake of gaining the same number of haste points...

Try to get your expertise and hit through reforging before you resort to gems; that gives you a bit more flexibility when it comes to needing more haste or more stamina depending on the boss. It cost me 200 haste rating to move expertise from gems to reforges, but that made it so much simpler to swap in more stamina for progressing certain bosses (lei shi heroic as the most obvious example).

I use ReforgeLite with the stat-weighting

Spirit: 0
    Dodge: 120
    Parry: 120
    Hit: 220
    Crit: 0
    Haste: 180
    Expertise: 200
    Mastery: 160

and then tell it to reforge me for 2550 Hit and 5100 Expertise (the settings are "Hit ... at least...melee hit cap" and "Expertise...at least...melee hard cap"). If you want to eliminate, say, two of the 320 Expertise gems, then you can tell it to reforge the 2550 Hit and 5740 (5100+640) Expertise, and then remove the gems afterwards.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-03-03 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and then tell it to reforge me for 2550 Hit and 5100 Expertise (the settings are "Hit ... at least...melee hit cap" and "Expertise...at least...melee hard cap"). If you want to eliminate, say, two of the 320 Expertise gems, then you can tell it to reforge the 2550 Hit and 5740 (5100+640) Expertise, and then remove the gems afterwards.

I already do this don't worry, I keep that stuff in mind been doing it since reforging was introduced Except instead of some program I use a pen paper and calculator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I already do this don't worry, I keep that stuff in mind been doing it since reforging was introduced Except instead of some program I use a pen paper and calculator.
    Yea, i'm very tempted to go back to manual reforging aswell. Somewhat enjoy doing the math myself.

Deleted
    Is it viable to reforge all your items (and maybe gem) for spirit so you can use SoT all the time without going oom/having to change seal? Seems like a legit option to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Is it viable to reforge all your items (and maybe gem) for spirit so you can use SoT all the time without going oom/having to change seal? Seems like a legit option to me!
    Probably wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    What O.o so confuzzled.

Deleted
    Probably wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.
    Thanks i will try it then in t15 to see how it works!

You could probably get more than enough Spirit from some choice Intellect items, not like anyone else uses them anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    My calculations show that you just need to put a +600 spirit into GID to achieve that.

P.S On a side note, don't confuse the lurkers or newcomers who are reading this thread. >.>

Deleted
    I wish they would remove SoT and SoR and also wish i had started playing my paladin before the SoT nerf.
    Damn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    P.S On a side note, don't confuse the lurkers or newcomers who are reading this thread. >.>
    In the nicest possible way to the newcomers, a good percentage of them have come here and asked whether following the stat priority is the way to go or not. We explain that happily to them so this would be no different

Kinda torn on which meta to take, 20% reduction for 15 seconds looks great but meh that lightning damage from the other one! I want to be a Shaman Paladin! lol

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

And with 2.something (based on haste) procs per minute, it will have quite a good amount of uptime too.

Deleted
    The damage meta does look interesting but I'm not sure I can pass on that damage reductio. It might not make a difference during normal progression but I suppose there'll be a couple bosses in heroic progression where tank damage will be high.