Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The problem with the HoT is that if you take damage, a healer is going to heal it back up--either because they saw you take damage and cast a heal, because you already had a HoT from them on you, or because the healer was already casting a heal in anticipation of you taking damage (or boredom). Therefore, the HoT ends up overhealing a lot, whereas Sacred Shield generally won't be wasted.
    This, SS on progress will be 100% used every time it procs provided you're tanking, where as Eternal Flame is probably better for trying to drop more healers on farm content or huge DPS race bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    This, SS on progress will be 100% used every time it procs provided you're tanking, where as Eternal Flame is probably better for trying to drop more healers on farm content or huge DPS race bosses
    To say SS is use 100% is a bit of an overstatement. Yes, 100% of the SS is used but in effect it also causes overhealing so if you absorb 100k damage but overheal 50k more, that is not really 100% used.

However yes, SS is 10x more effective than EF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Speaking of "out of date" with the Eternal Flame buff it's nothing if not at least closer to SS than what it was. Any word from Merin on his thoughts on how they compare now? I've been using EF, but then again I'm just leveling my pally and the new HoT is pretty sick.
    Was just chatting to people in my halls, others have beaten me to it to reply to this

Even with the buff, you still have to spend Holy Power on it. This means that to get the benefit you have to spend Holy Power on it moreso than if you didn't take the talent - unlike SS. This means fewer SHOTR to get the benefit. Sacred Shield is just better, simply put.

Also just because your post made me think - I'm not as active as people think I am. In game that is. I've not been able to play since 13th January and won't be able to for another 2 and a half weeks from now, and this is going to continue until late June at which point I'll be free whenever from then onwards. Just due to university regulated internet connection. Any changes which occur outside the time I'm playing, I can only make an opinion on by looking at numbers - and numbers aren't always the be all and end all - a bit of hands on testing counts for a lot, and that I can only get second hand and by discussion.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    To say SS is use 100% is a bit of an overstatement. Yes, 100% of the SS is used but in effect it also causes overhealing so if you absorb 100k damage but overheal 50k more, that is not really 100% used.

However yes, SS is 10x more effective than EF.
    Yeah but the healers can stop (most) of their healing if you're at full health, and with SS you're more likely to be in the efficient heal range rather than the inefficient heal range

Horridons triple puncture, anyone know the recast on this ability? wowhead doesnt have it listed nor was dbm picking it up last night. Makes it a pain to time mitigation when you dont really know when its coming.

10-15 seconds, can be delayed by other abilities he casts

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yeah but the healers can stop (most) of their healing if you're at full health, and with SS you're more likely to be in the efficient heal range rather than the inefficient heal range
    Yeah, SS is a lot more efficient than EF for sure. Still, some parts of fights where I intentionally let SS drop since it basically is doing nothing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloz View Post
    10-15 seconds, can be delayed by other abilities he casts
    So it is rather like Blade-Lord Ta'yak's Assault, that can be delayed up to about 10s after the timer expires? Woo fricking hoo.

Deleted
    I HAVE RETURNED! After a 3 week ban, I am back.
    Firstly, I have no intrawebs so I cannot try 5.2: How is the dodge/parry buff doing?
    Secondly, how are you all?
    Thirdly, how is the patch?
    LASTLY, missed u all. :<
    especially u Firefly33.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    especially u Firefly33.
    Im like the grumpy cat on these forums

"X is awesome!"
    "NO! "

WB!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Im like the grumpy cat on these forums

"X is awesome!"
    "NO! "

WB!
    "Yeah no, Spark of Zandalar is BiS"

"YEAH BUT GHOST IRON DRAGONLING LOL"

Missed you.

Firstly, I have no intrawebs so I cannot try 5.2: How is the dodge/parry buff doing?
    They buffed dodge/parry? Haven't noticed it.

Thirdly, how is the patch?
    Not too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your terminology is bad and you should feel bad.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    How is the dodge/parry buff doing?
    What dodge? What parry?
    Not the most interesting change ever implemented in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah, should be Interwebs or Intertubes

holy, divine, precision(!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, should be Interwebs or Intertubes

holy, divine, precision(!)
    W3 m1ght h4v3 t0 t41k 1ik3 th15 t0 5h0w 0ur 4ng3r 4t h1m - it might also cause mass confusion.

Deleted
    Duck you good sir.
    In all seriousness, is the Grand Crusader change any good? (HOW IS THAT YOU ELITIST POO?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I HAVE RETURNED! After a 3 week ban, I am back.
    Welcome back!

W3 m1ght h4v3 t0 t41k 1ik3 th15 t0 5h0w 0ur 4ng3r 4t h1m - it might also cause mass confusion.
    *cough* General Forum Guidelines *cough*

It's kind of sad, at the moment. The Grand Crusader change is the only real Prot change, and we all concluded long ago that it really doesn't change anything. Makes theorycrafting outside of encounter mechanics kind of boring.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Welcome back!

*cough* General Forum Guidelines *cough*

It's kind of sad, at the moment. The Grand Crusader change is the only real Prot change, and we all concluded long ago that it really doesn't change anything. Makes theorycrafting outside of encounter mechanics kind of boring.
    Heh, thanks Malthanis.
    How about in AoE pulls? Does it set off a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    You forgot Eternal Flame! That change was huge, right?!