You shouldn't keep chocolate in the fridge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    HA is effective in that it can be used as a big defensive cooldown for tough damage intake phases. I remember, for instance, in Meljarak HC while solotaking I'd run HA then GoAK once it's down and then DP + Trinket and that would be exactly enough to make sure I had some form of damage reduction permanently until the first group of adds died.
    Yeah, which was exactly what I wrote. That long extended periods when the extended duration of HA is not 'wasted' it is good.
    Though that is more a niche because the fights where that is relevant is not even 20% of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Oh it wasnt it was just next to the fridge.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-11 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    I always keep chocolate in the fridge - tastes so much better imo.

OT: anyone need a pally tank for progression? My guild kinda imploded.

Deleted
    When you guys fought Tortos which role did you fill? Boss or bat tank?

I was on boss while our druid was on the bats but he was constantly losing aggro and bats would flock to me and then they'd get locked there due to Consecration and all that and I have to stop all AoE so they'd get back, but I think I saw someone suggesting the Protadin should take the bats a few pages ago... Why is that?

On 10 man, you can probably solo tank it. On 25 tank the boss in the beginning to build up some vengeance, then when the bats spawn they should easily switch to you due to Battle Mender threat. All you need to do at that point is just turn around and tank the bats right on top of the boss. This should be an easy place to allow melee to cleave aoe, and have ranged do their aoe's right over the bats/boss to get double the benefit. You can also have the turtle shell go through the bats into the boss to kill them really quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    When you guys fought Tortos which role did you fill? Boss or bat tank?

I was on boss while our druid was on the bats but he was constantly losing aggro and bats would flock to me and then they'd get locked there due to Consecration and all that and I have to stop all AoE so they'd get back, but I think I saw someone suggesting the Protadin should take the bats a few pages ago... Why is that?
    As a rule of thumb, when tanking a lot of mobs a block tank is superior to an avoidance tank. We take more consistent damage, and especially for these bats that's a good thing because you don't want to drop below 350.000 health faster than a healer can react to it. But on normal i guess either should work fine if healers are keeping an eye on it. No rogue or hunter in your group? It's useful for the bats.

Deleted
    I tanked the bats.
    Pressing F5 on the paladin forum.

YAY NEW POST IN THE PROTECTION PALADIN THREAD! Maybe something to discuss?

Read your post.

Instantly sad panda.

Holy, Righteous, Sacred

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Pressing F5 on the paladin forum.

YAY NEW POST IN THE PROTECTION PALADIN THREAD! Maybe something to discuss?

Read your post.

Instantly sad panda.

Holy, Righteous, Sacred

That's what tanking bats does to your DPS

Happy now?

(I'm the prot pally in third place)

Hey cool, I'm 12th and I didn't try.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK intruder here. Finally gonna get my Paladin to 90, and since they messed with that one ability, was double checking that the stat priorities are still Hit(7.5)>Exp(15)>Haste= Mast>Avoidance

Deleted
    Yes, that would be the general stat prio.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    So, to reiterate:

Follow the stat priority posted if you are raiding. The guide is actually a guide, it does tell you the best way forward and it gets updated quickly whenever something changes so it's rarely out of date.

@Fhi - told you
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-12 at 08:29 AM.

(I'm the prot pally in third place)
    I'm in 5th! I was the overall 2nd before you came along :P

Right now I'm using my own good judgement to gem & enchant and I'm using ReforgeLite to reforge. But has anyone had any luck with AskMrRobot? I've heard it will give you the absolute best optimization so I've been trying to get it to work but all it does is tell me to lose 4% haste to increase my health along with put me 0.2% over both the Hit and Expertise cap. Obviously I'm not going to do that, but I don't understand why it isn't working. The stat priority says Hit > Expertise > Haste > Stamina > Mastery but it seems like it's putting Stamina first. I checked the stat weights and they're exactly what Theck posted on his blog for 5.2.

Odd.

Deleted
    AskMrRobot do what you tell it to do. Check your stat weights. Though I would advice not to use stat weights for paladin gearing, use your brain instead.

Also, I have no idea what stat weights Theck use, but I think Theck use a stamina > haste philosophy.

Theck's stat weights are the default stat weights I believe for either the haste or mastery control groups.

If you want to use Askmrrobot effectively, I explain exactly what to do here --

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18877857

To kind of update that message to current options/times on Askmrrobot, select your gearing strategy and ignore what it says to do for gems and enchants. Decide what your strategy for gems is going to be (based on whether you want some stamina in gems or just secondaries). Lock all your gems and enchants and save your profile.

Now tweak gems around until you get closest to 7.5% hit / 15% exp. If you're into "control haste", then haste enchants to gloves and boots versus hit and expertise respectively is another lever that you can use to stumble on an optimization. Secondary stats are completely fungible. It doesn't matter whether you're putting for example straight expertise in red or expertise/hit. All that does is shift around what the reforges are going to be to compensate. Your best overall solution has nothing to do with arbitrarily maximizing some bogus "score", it will come from wasting the least stats by minimizing how far above 7.5%/15% you shoot.

If you're not doing a "control" gearing strategy (which is pretty much unheard of for any serious content anyway), then you don't need any computational tool anyway because there are no caps that you are working around.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, me and my girlfriend just broke up. I did deserve it but yeah, so much for sleeping tonight.

Was 3 of my friends here at unis birthdays yesterday, surprising really considering there's like 15 of us in this close group. Anyway one of the girls whos birthday it was had her friend down from home, and when she came last time in November we almost had a bit of a thing... anyway we both moved on and got into relationships and then we both cheated on our respective boyfriends/girlfriends last night as it was the first time we saw each other since November. Great.

Can't say I didn't deserve it but ffffuuuuu... definitely wasn't worth it :/

Oh and not sorry to Firefly for making this pop up in notifications and it's not paladin related. Ahahahaha.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-03-13 at 11:53 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    This is paladin related.

And on topic, that sucks for you! As you said, not undeserved but not worth it!

Is it worth it to try and get the Prot paladin T15 4-set for a haste build?

The 2-set seems like it is worth it, since the neither the helm nor the shoulders have avoidance. The leggings and gloves however seem like less favorable since they have avoidance. The chest looks like it should be avoided since it has dodge and parry.

So should I be going for a non set or ret set pants/gloves or should I get the prot ones for the 4-set?