Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda wishing tank damage wasn't quite so high on 25 man :/

But when you have fire damage ramping up like this every ~15 seconds ...

[20:41:12.030] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 120362
    [20:41:27.751] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 177412 (A: 47254)
    [20:41:43.493] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 225011 (A: 72983)
    [20:41:59.205] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 299420 (A: 80027)
    [20:42:14.903] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 336967 (A: 98938)
    [20:42:30.645] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 244442 (A: 289169)
    [20:42:46.353] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 438199 (A: 144826)
    [20:42:56.045] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 679294

Gearing for haste isn't really an option :<
    It's more fun when both of the other tanks die on Animus and you tank the last 30% with two massives and the boss. I used to like haste stacking, THEN 25M tank damage.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    It's more fun when both of the other tanks die on Animus and you tank the last 30% with two massives and the boss. I used to like haste stacking, THEN 25M tank damage.
    Yeah, when I get the stamina trinket off Lei Shen I'm going to go into 25H rocking two stamina trinkets again. If I'd known exactly how hard that stuff hits on Animus (all I had to go on was "it hits pretty hard") I wouldn't have done it with 1 stamina trinket either.

Yeah, when I get the stamina trinket off Lei Shen I'm going to go into 25H rocking two stamina trinkets again. If I'd known exactly how hard that stuff hits on Animus (all I had to go on was "it hits pretty hard") I wouldn't have done it with 1 stamina trinket either.
    I hate running double stam trinkets, I'm running a hit one right now so it's such a pain to recoup a loss of 1400 accuracy

EDIT: I do have a question for anyone running heroics though. We haven't made it to p2 horridon yet and I was wondering if anyone could clue me in on how much health is *enough*. I want to have some general idea of what that phase is like before we hit it so that we don't get to it and find out the entire attempt is moot because the tank went splat.

Sitting at ~840k raid buffed if I gem stam and use double stam trinkets.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-04-01 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I hate running double stam trinkets, I'm running a hit one right now so it's such a pain to recoup a loss of 1400 accuracy

EDIT: I do have a question for anyone running heroics though. We haven't made it to p2 horridon yet and I was wondering if anyone could clue me in on how much health is *enough*. I want to have some general idea of what that phase is like before we hit it so that we don't get to it and find out the entire attempt is moot because the tank went splat.

Sitting at ~840k raid buffed if I gem stam and use double stam trinkets.
    There isn't really a level where you have *enough* to survive Horridon - even on 10H he can already do 400k hits (+triple puncture +shout => easily over 1m damage within 2 seconds).
    Be prepared to chain cds on the tank and have several battle res ready because you'll probably need them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Do you know a good place to combine and share gear sets? Complete with reforges and gems and stuff.
    http://chardev.org/Planner.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    There isn't really a level where you have *enough* to survive Horridon - even on 10H he can already do 400k hits (+triple puncture +shout => easily over 1m damage within 2 seconds).
    Be prepared to chain cds on the tank and have several battle res ready because you'll probably need them.
    This shouldn't be horrifying, but the part that my off-tank is a druid (in 25M) does actually concern me. Guess it's time to look over our raid comp and try to figure out how to chain CDs the best.

Are you taking Clemency? If he's on Horridon, you can double HoSac on him. What's the rest of your raid comp look like?

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Are you taking Clemency? If he's on Horridon, you can double HoSac on him. What's the rest of your raid comp look like?
    I was running UbS for our attempts for some reason (bubble off stacks on first gate, BoP next, bubble next, BoP next) but now that you mention that I'm going to swap to clemency.

External tank CDs in my raid:
    1) 8 possible HoSac
    2) 1 Iron bark
    3) 1 Guardian Spirit
    4) 1 Pain Sup
    5) 2 Vigilance

Don't think I missed any, I might have though. Really just have to figure out a precise rotation for them, really requires getting to the last phase to see how long it lasts for my raid, and how long each tank is tanking (I'm going to assume our bear will require more outside help than I will since I plan on taking HA for that fight)

Also, throwing vengeance empowered SS onto bear druid when I'm not actively tanking ftw.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-04-01 at 07:41 PM.

I personally use UbS for Horridon, but I haven't gotten to heroic yet. Having said that, you might be better off keeping UbS for yourself, and having the others swap over to Clemency. Just so that you can have DP up more often. If you choose to go with Clemency, you can HoP yourself more often instead of just bubble.

I don't recall if you can just HoP someone before Triple Puncture goes off, have them taunt the boss so he stays on the tank, and then click HoP off after Puncture. Would require some considerable timing to pull off, but would be a way to mitigate one of the TP's and remove any stacks on said tank.

I personally use UbS for Horridon, but I haven't gotten to heroic yet. Having said that, you might be better off keeping UbS for yourself, and having the others swap over to Clemency. Just so that you can have DP up more often. If you choose to go with Clemency, you can HoP yourself more often instead of just bubble.
    Yeah that's what I did on normal and have done on all our heroic attempts so far. Will probably only go Clemancy if I find we do actually need that one extra HoSac (but with the potential to have 6 in the raid not including me, it might not be entirely necessary).

I don't recall if you can just HoP someone before Triple Puncture goes off, have them taunt the boss so he stays on the tank, and then click HoP off after Puncture. Would require some considerable timing to pull off, but would be a way to mitigate one of the TP's and remove any stacks on said tank.
    haven't tried this.

EDIT: Just set up weakauras to track externals so it's easier to see. I have too many auras now, halp
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-04-01 at 10:13 PM.

You would need to remove more than one Triple Puncture to reset the debuff, it has something like a 2 minute duration and TP comes every ~30 seconds.

You would need to remove more than one Triple Puncture to reset the debuff, it has something like a 2 minute duration and TP comes every ~30 seconds.
    Between removing the stack with HoP and tank the debuff shouldn't really be a problem anyway.
    What he's talking about is removing a triple puncture out of the cycle by having a non tank eat it , since having less 1m combo spikes to worry about may help.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm kinda wishing tank damage wasn't quite so high on 25 man :/

But when you have fire damage ramping up like this every ~15 seconds ...

[20:41:12.030] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 120362
    [20:41:27.751] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 177412 (A: 47254)
    [20:41:43.493] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 225011 (A: 72983)
    [20:41:59.205] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 299420 (A: 80027)
    [20:42:14.903] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 336967 (A: 98938)
    [20:42:30.645] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 244442 (A: 289169)
    [20:42:46.353] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 438199 (A: 144826)
    [20:42:56.045] Massive Anima Golem Explosive Slam Fetzie 679294

Gearing for haste isn't really an option :<
    just let a warrior tank the two massive golems. He can do some shenanigans with debuff teleport+jump+intervene+charge to let the stacks fall off. Or just 3-tank it with 2 tanks alternating on tanking the massive ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    How in the world is Alabaster Shield worthless?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Who said it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Alabaster Shield is considerably better on some fights than others.

edit: On a single mob fight, Glyph of Focused Shield just edges out Alabaster shield for dps. Once you add more mobs, Alabaster shield becomes significantly better.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-04-03 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    A bit off-topic. But is merin dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    A bit off-topic. But is merin dead?
    Seems hes been visiting adult websites and blaming it on MMO-C according to his post history, it'll also be end of year stuff @ Uni so he'll be having to actually show up to lectures and do work occasionally

Holy Banana, Hammers, Shocking etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Seems hes been visiting adult websites and blaming it on MMO-C according to his post history, it'll also be end of year stuff @ Uni so he'll be having to actually show up to lectures and do work occasionally
    Or he's drunk. ON JUSTICE!

I really need to get back in the game. I don't think I've logged in for 2 weeks. I sense a weekend binge of gear-hunting coming on...
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Finally cleared 12/12 last night.

Does any of you guys play along a Monk tank?

Our monk tank does an insane amount of DPS. When it comes to single target and low-vengeance situations I just don't have a shot at competing with him for DPS.

Anyone else experiencing this?

We ended the fight with me doing like 35 Mill damge and he was on 50 Mill.