Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    AS does not procc battle healer.
    I think he meant 'as', not 'AS' (the preposition, not the spell)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

AS does not procc battle healer.
    But the SoI healing more than makes up for that tiny mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Wait til you get:
    1) HC Spark of Zandalar
    2) HC Fabled Feather of JiKun
    3) Capacitive Primal Diamond

Prot Paladin burst on fights like HC Horridon or HC Iron Qon is upwards of 600k

WITH 30% of that as healing /trololol
    I think our UH DK is going to take Feather before me. Booooo.
    That's bonkers though. How much healing could one theoretically do with the perfect storm of procs over a fight? I'm currently doing around 30-40% the amount of healing as our healers. Could I see that potentially spike up to like 60-80%?

Also, I was pretty excited about Spark due to all that Haste. But after speaking to our warrior, I was a bit unimpressed at how rarely you actually build up to 10 stacks. Does the massive amount of Haste make up for it? Most of the other trinkets seem to have much better uptime. (All this is purely in terms of dps, not necessarily survivability)

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    No, Avenger's Shield does not procc Battle Healer.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    That's bonkers though. How much healing could one theoretically do with the perfect storm of procs over a fight? I'm currently doing around 30-40% the amount of healing as our healers. Could I see that potentially spike up to like 60-80%?

Also, I was pretty excited about Spark due to all that Haste. But after speaking to our warrior, I was a bit unimpressed at how rarely you actually build up to 10 stacks. Does the massive amount of Haste make up for it? Most of the other trinkets seem to have much better uptime. (All this is purely in terms of dps, not necessarily survivability)
    I generally have about 30% uptime of the strength buff from Spark (non-heroic, thunderforged).

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Correct, was saying 30% of my damage was also done as healing. Minus non-melee items, so sure, a tad less, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    But the SoI healing more than makes up for that tiny mistake
    This makes it all better!

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    On HC IQ, I was top heals. And our heals are no slouch either (ran MW, RSham, HPriest), as they all [would have] ranked in top 25 [had we been running logs].

1) Warriors do not stack haste, and 2) if hes TG he hits waaay less often than a haste stacking paladin with a 1H. I usually have around 1.5-2 PPM of the buff, so pushing 40-45% if I had to guess without reviewing logs.

No, Avenger's Shield does not procc Battle Healer.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 05:40 PM ----------

I generally have about 30% uptime of the strength buff from Spark (non-heroic, thunderforged).
    Ugh, too many acronyms. Again, meant that 30% of my damage done as healing, not Avenger's Shield healing.

Interesting about your uptime; though I know you run a bit less haste than I do, being in 25m. Also heard (and starting to believe) that HC trinkets have increased proc rates/chances over their normal/TF counterparts. I saw a MARKED increase in uptime going from LFR Spark to HC Spark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Has anyone toyed around with the tanking meta gem? Curious as to what its uptime is with a full haste build.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Has anyone toyed around with the tanking meta gem? Curious as to what its uptime is with a full haste build.
    Why would haste build make any difference? Unless the tooltip is wrong, it's chance on being hit, not chance on hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahenar View Post
    Why would haste build make any difference? Unless the tooltip is wrong, it's chance on being hit, not chance on hit.
    Because its proc is on the RPPM system and the amount of procs you get with RPPM is increased by haste.

Deleted
    Is the caster Meta viable? It's 30% haste and procs from spells so I guess Exorcism, Judgement, Consecration and lvl90 talents would trigger it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot Paladins don't have Exorcism. The others are spells but surely the proc rate would be low as fuck unless it's on RPPM. Also, the damage from the dps one is insane apparently.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Is the caster Meta viable? It's 30% haste and procs from spells so I guess Exorcism, Judgement, Consecration and lvl90 talents would trigger it?
    Would probably only proc from Consecration knowing Blizzard's system, and as Merin said (aka captain banned ) the DPS one is crazy right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Would probably only proc from Consecration knowing Blizzard's system, and as Merin said (aka captain banned ) the DPS one is crazy right now
    I got banned for telling someone not to confuse intelligence and knowledge, but not to worry because they lack both. When he saw I got banned the guy PM'ed me trying to take the piss, was funny. He deserved it anyway. Apparently Sir Tim Berners-Lee had nothing to do with the evolution of the internet and it was Americans all the way. Oh and that every film is american and every game is american.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Prot Paladins don't have Exorcism. The others are spells but surely the proc rate would be low as fuck unless it's on RPPM. Also, the damage from the dps one is insane apparently.
    Yea, nvm Exorcism, had a long session of PvP so I still had it in the back of my mind.

I think they posted the RPPM values for one of those metas somewhere, gotta search the blue stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Spell haste doesn't affect Sanctity of Battle.

Also Judgment's not a spell. :P

Deleted
    Noticed thid thread http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=33374
    and was saddened by the response or lack there off the OP recieved. The OP was actually a lot smarter then the only reply he recieved.
    The only replied he recieved linked him to a very outdated crude simulation, that contained so many errors, that did not answer his question at all.

Yes to that op, haste is better after soft cap (unless veryhigh haste values)
    both in dps and survivability. Granted you bank
    Hopo properly.
    Also funny how his second question got so dismissed, as it is something that I have been holding back (since max surv has not been issue)
    But that poster was surely 5 steps ahead of the others on that forum and got dismissed :S i should get account there so i could reply, even 30 days late. Yes, on fights with predictable damage burst, a build close to what he asked (drop the avoidance)
    The strongest survivabilty build then (granted you have enough time to build up hopo even with misses)
    would be mastery>stam>hit>exp7.5>haste>exp.
    At some mastery values trinket conversion stam pulls ahead.
    If fights asks for more hopo regen hit and exp7.5 pulls ahead aswell.
    But mastery stacking is something that sadly gets overlooked way to much.

Granted, I still prefer haste because of the DPS. Survivability is not a concern of mine.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-04-21 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    So we should only really be going to the expertise soft cap?

I assume being at the expertise hard cap is a dps increase but you gain more survivabilty from being at the soft cap?

Deleted
    tbh I don't think it matters what you do as tank, it's the rest of the raid you have to worry about :/

/rant at wiping at 0.2% on lei shen twice in 1 night.

There are so many viable ways to do it these days, that so long as you aren't dying or pushing the bleeding edge of raiding it doesn't really matter what you do. Play how you feel is best and how it suits you best.

Deleted
    Yeah, there are truely a million viable ways, however some gearing strategies have a goal, be it max hp, max hopo regen, max dps, max sotr etc, so you can easily look inside a category and say which performs better but comparing them is hard.
    Just so annoying when people claim 'X is the only way' when Y works the same way and does a better job at it

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    So we should only really be going to the expertise soft cap?

I assume being at the expertise hard cap is a dps increase but you gain more survivabilty from being at the soft cap?
    You just have to ask yourself if you'd rather be slightly better overall, or have a more reliable rotation/HP generation
    As has been said, entirely up to you and your raid