Deleted
    Guessing gc procs. /shrug

Also if raid dps is very high, larger part of the fight would be under bloodlust which increases our uptime somewhat. Haste cup of coffee lasts for 25 secs for 4000 haste. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-05-15 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    How the hell are people doing that?
    I'm usually around 60-65%, and I have hard-capped exp and 35% haste.
    Although I have a bad habit of treating ShoR as on-gcd ability and missing fillers between J and CS, but that shouldn't affect ShoR uptime, should it?
    On fights that involves downtime, Megaera where you have to run between heads, primordius running around getting mutated, council being stunned by frost guy, qon dead zones and flying puppy etc, all of which lowers your uptime, so on a majority of the fights I am also at 60-70%. However on fights where there are no distractions I am around 70% +- a few %, with a bit luck on procs reaching 75%.

Depends on how you do it.
    If you go a long like CS-J-X CS-X-J CS-SotR-X, and actually using it as an ability, it does not change anything. However if you instead cause a delay before you realise you can use both SotR and a filler.

delay because of using SoTR
    CS-J-X CS-X-J CS-<delay0.5s>X-X CS-J-X
    In that case your next CS and J gets pushed back 0.5 sec reducing your HoPo.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Guessing gc procs. /shrug

Also if raid dps is very high, larger part of the fight would be under bloodlust which increases our uptime somewhat. Haste cup of coffee lasts for 25 secs for 4000 haste. Just some thoughts.
    Bloodlust is not that extremely effective anymore though now that our haste levels are higher, as we get very overcapped with it (in terms of HoPo regen).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    On fights that involves downtime, Megaera where you have to run between heads, primordius running around getting mutated, council being stunned by frost guy, qon dead zones and flying puppy etc, all of which lowers your uptime, so on a majority of the fights I am also at 60-70%. However on fights where there are no distractions I am around 70% +- a few %, with a bit luck on procs reaching 75%.

If you go a long like CS-J-X CS-X-J CS-SotR-X, and actually using it as an ability, it does not change anything. However if you instead cause a delay before you realise you can use both SotR and a filler.

In that case your next CS and J gets pushed back 0.5 sec reducing your HoPo.[
    COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 10:37 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Bloodlust is not that extremely effective anymore though now that our haste levels are higher, as we get very overcapped with it (in terms of HoPo regen).
    Why would anyone do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Why would anyone do that?
    He just said that he sometimes do. Was referring to

Although I have a bad habit of treating ShoR as on-gcd ability and missing fillers between J and CS, but that shouldn't affect ShoR uptime, should it?

Ok, so....still puzzled.

Here's last night's HC Tortos logs for me:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cd...?s=4378&e=4758

ShotR uptime of 63.9%. That's hardcapped Exp, 15001 haste and using DP, on boss only fulltime (lolmonk-kite). It's as close to tank-n-spank as I can get, and aside from stomp stuns, I had full boss uptime.

I'm just not seeing how you (firefly) can be getting 70-75% given what your gear levels are (admittedly low, though I've never seen your gear/armory) without extremely lucky AND consistent procs of DP/GC. 26 DP and 16 GC procs. Maybe I'm just fundamentally missing something, though....

On a related note, raid last week (and this week) has been absolute shite. We've been smashing our heads into Primo HC for almost 90 attempts, after downing Durumu in ~30 and Twins in 4. Between attendance issues and an overwhelming feeling of embarrassment for our shitty progress, we ended up wiping for like 45 mins to HC Megaera (trying to change personnel to gear up someone's new main, forcing ppl into subpar roles and wasting time on a farm fight when we have progression to do....BUT I'M NOT MAD). So, I ended up going back to HA on Meg (and keeping it on JiKun and Durumu) instead of DP, as I was getting lower uptimes with DP than I was with HA still. Small sample size, sure, but do I just need more haste? Or was it bad luck? I still like DP on a few fights, but not really digging it as the "go-to" talent based off of what I've seen the past few weeks when taking it.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-05-15 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    The thing with DP, is that the uptime can vary, a lot. 75% requires extreme luck. In fact, to reach above 70% in my gear requires more than expected DP procs.
    Also you have to remember most fights have some element that lowers your uptime. And I am referring to uptime in terms of effective uptime, not uptime.

For example on tortos this week, I only had 61% uptime, but that is very logical as on tortos I often intentionally overcap (waiting for bats) so I drop a lot of uptime just because of that. So having low uptime there is expected. I see that I had 66% last week though.

I would say that 65-70% is my standard uptime, 70+% requiring some luck and 65-% requires a fight where your uptime is gonna drop for obvious reason. Like Megaera I had 63% uptime. 65 on horridon, 65 on Ji-kun, however I notice that I had bad luck with procs on both Horridon and Ji-Kun, would have been 68-69% with 'average' proc ratio. I had 68% on Horridon last week and died on Ji-Kun (shhhh) so no real uptime there. 64% on Council and 75.5% on Jin'Rokh with a bit of luck with procs, which I believe is the highest uptime I have ever noticed on my logs (dont always check). So yeah, 65-70% is probably the standard as I had 65 on both Ji-Kun and Horridon with bad procs.

Though, I have by no means been aiming for max uptime, I have just been playing normally. I am gonna attempt tonight to max uptime and see what I reach.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-05-15 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    I'm using AskMrRobot to gear, but it wants we to take the prot 4 set. So badly, apparently, that it wants me to take the dodge/parry T15 prot chest over the exp/haste T15 ret chest. Is the 4 set really THAT valuable?
    AskMrRobot will often switch your stat strat to Mastery/Control. Each time you load your character, you'll want to switch that back to Haste/Control if that's your strategy. If you check your stat weights too you may find that it's prioritising stamina over haste - there's a new function that lets you set your stamina priority level; lowering your stam prio level should result in it having you use the ret chest.

Also, try opening the options and setting it to ignore heroic thunderforged gear. There's a nice set of legs from ra-den that it will prioritise as your off-set piece, and suggest you get head, shoulder, chest, gloves. Purely from a 535 ilvl point of view, it will choose ret chest as your off-set piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    In that case your next CS and J gets pushed back 0.5 sec reducing your HoPo.
    Nah, there are no delays in my rotation, I'm usually spamming next ability key while GCD is still ongoing. It's just that sometimes X is empty because I just pushed ShoR and prepare to go for J/CS next, thus wasting a filler.

Deleted
    Nah, there are no delays in my rotation, I'm usually spamming next ability key while GCD is still ongoing. It's just that sometimes X is empty because I just pushed ShoR and prepare to go for J/CS next, thus wasting a filler.
    Then you should not notice difference in SotR uptime.

I don't see anyone ever getting a SotR uptime of 70%ish on a fight lasting normal length. 65% is stretching it. I'll need to see logs for proof.

As for the DP v. HA debate...on any fight necessitating downtime and tank swaps, I don't see how HA doesn't win out for almost everyone out there. SotR uptime isn't nearly as important as SotR effective uptime. Who cares if someone's SotR uptime is 56% when a good part of that isn't when actively tanking the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    I don't see anyone ever getting a SotR uptime of 70%ish on a fight lasting normal length. 65% is stretching it. I'll need to see logs for proof.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2347&e=2739 77.1% uptime
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1357&e=1686 74.3% uptime

Deleted
    In the Primordius log I suppose you just DPS the boss itself when not tanking? (I ask this because I always go clear blobs when not tanking, unless I'm still mutated)

In that log, yeah. We just do the normal "Ignore adds and dps boss" strat for normal. Our first few kills were the kite strat, so we're familiar with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm again in that tank trinket dilemma I always had. I have a huge pile of trinkets and I just cant figure out which combo is the best ....

Currently I'm sitting on:
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/94508-bru...do-pan-assault
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/94516-for...-the-zandalari
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/94519-pri...lisman-of-rage
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/94526-spark-of-zandalar
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/94515-fab...ther-of-ji-kun

I am pretty aware of that the Spark is pretty much the best in slot, no doubt.
    I am also aware that the fortitude most likely will turn out to be the worst, and the primordius is just a bit better, because crit is pretty weak.
    but then, I am not sure, if the brutal talisman or the feather are better. in terms of haste, they are the same, and hit/vs expertise isn't a big difference as well due to reforging. but I'm wondering about the proc. the talisman is a flat 8800 str for 15 sec, and the feather is an average of 7331 str, but for 20 sec. and it starts out weak but ends up extremely strong - for a short time. but for about 8 out of those 20 seconds, the proc is stronger (and for another 2 it is pretty much the same).

any advice on that?

feather is RPPM, scales with haste, thus better

Deleted
    I would avoid the feather simple because it got hit on it. Do not like that on trinkets. The "best" trinkets there is imo spark and feather. However fortitude is an extremely strong survivability trinket, so if you feel the special need for more survivability, swapping it in is great.

So I would probably use spark and the shado pan trinket. The talisman is not entirely bad either however I feel like our current gear levels are not strong enough to support it.

Been discussed a LOT already, in various threads in the subforum.

Spark/Feather best for most usage of throughput, with avoidance bonus from STR:Parry, if you can use the hit.
    Brutal SPA trinket is great til you get one/both of the above, but I'd strongly urge NOT to run TWO accuracy based trinkets.
    Primordius trinket is crap. Avoid it (and JiKun's Rising Winds).
    Fortitude of Zand is a great "tank" trinket for when you need survival.
    Soul Barrier is the only stam trinket this tier, so it's good by default for stam purposes, even if the on-use is lacking. Hard.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    On a completely unrelated side note. I am starting to question if Nairobi ever sleeps.

I post from work a lot (like right now), shhhh! Other than that, I get 6 hours. Probably should get more, but most of my time goes to in-game playing or outside research/theorycraft/yelling at complaining warriors.

Those threads are like train wrecks... I know I should just walk away, but I can't leave those blatantly false comments/opinions presented as fact remain unquestioned.
    20k and counting...

15+ Year Old Account
    ok thanks so far. So my call for "don't shard it just give it to me I might use it" was not that bad yesterday (feather).

on a completely unrelated side note as well, has anyone see any shield of any boss ever drop this tier so far (ignoring lei shen, since we still haven't killed him yet)?

I have seen spirit kings tank shield ONCE in LFR (but it is crap compared to the boe one)
    I have seen tortos shield ONCE in LFR (not me personally, but a shaman I was grouped with from my guild that time)(yes I know it's a heal shield)

I have not seen spirit kings shield drop normal. I have not seen tortos shield normal once. I have not seen primordius shield once in either difficulty.
    I haven't even seen a 463 shield drop in any 5 man heroic, not tank, not heal.

I'm still running with that BoE 476 world drop shield. If I would not have invested in this on the AH, I would still have that blue craft shield.

I'm starting to believe that shields don't exist this expansion.