Deleted
    In 25 man this will likely cap your ap at 400 from vengeance with healthpools we'd be getting - so no real change. Expect this level to be tweeked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, not a real nerf. I'm raiding 25man and I have never seen my AP go above 350k.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Standing in Decapitate gives next to zero Vengeance because it is calculated as a 60 second swing.
    Still boosts me to around 170k most of the time. (which isn't even above the 30% limit so ehh)

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    The nerf will be unnoticeable for most fights.

Given, I rarely solo tank, but on Horridon HC (2 tanks) the most I got was like.. 150k vengeance, I think? This "nerf" would cap my vengeance at like 190k or so.
    If you tank the soft enrage for a while it can easily go above 200k.

Learning HC Dark Animus now, and I'm tanking 3x golems into the massives, followed by 3x more.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7c...=14247&e=14322

Peaking at 1.6m DPS, so I think we can safely add HC DA to the list of "fights that will be affected".

*Yes, that's a cherry-picked short attempt, inflated by heroism, but usually still hovering around 300k for the 2mins of the start.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Dunno, maybe this vengeance change is good. I feel like it will be pretty lackluster, not change much. Though maybe it try to lessen the behavior amongst tanks to act like this when tanking

http://i.imgur.com/DfQqM.gif

"Gotta stand in the fire"

I'd rather see them remove vengeance contributions from environmental damage (rockfall, fire, void zone, defile!, etc.) and to prevent crits from giving extra veng (no more /sit crap!). That alone would remove far more of the "cheesing" and bad behavior.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I'd rather see them remove vengeance contributions from environmental damage (rockfall, fire, void zone, defile!, etc.) and to prevent crits from giving extra veng (no more /sit crap!). That alone would remove far more of the "cheesing" and bad behavior.
    Like every Disruptron ability you mean? Fuck that boss, I can do Epicus as prot which has a higher dps requirement but it seems NOTHING on Disruptron gives any vengeance at all.

Rofl, I never even considered rank8 as prot. Hmmm....
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Dunno, maybe this vengeance change is good. I feel like it will be pretty lackluster, not change much. Though maybe it try to lessen the behavior amongst tanks to act like this when tanking

http://i.imgur.com/DfQqM.gif

"Gotta stand in the fire"
    Standing in fire usually doesn't get you above the threshold anyway (or at least not high enough to make the nerf noticable)
    It's single tanking on certain bosses that breaks the limit (tortos, iron qon for example)

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 02:01 AM ----------

Rofl, I never even considered rank8 as prot. Hmmm....
    I managed to get there as a dk - but that was with battletron bugged. Couldn't even get close to beating any of the r8 bosses (even with millhouse at close to max stacks).
    Much better off doing those as ret to meet the dps requirements.

Deleted
    The only one I could manage was Epicus by standing in just about everything. Zen'shar gives no vengeance, Disruptron gives no vengeance and Milhouse hits pretty weakly so I doubt that could work either. Still though, epicus was pretty straight forward and it's just the complete lack of vengeance from discs/beams that stops Disruptron from working =p

Quick question. It's been a while since I have really played as prot, and a lot has changed...from what I can see the best stat priority is Stamina > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (15%) > Haste > Mastery > Parry > Dodge.

Does this mean as a prot I should be aiming more for DPS-ish gear (as if I were gearing for Ret)? Well until the hit/expertise are met, or is there enough of that on the higher end gear to handle it?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Yes, you should aim for the dps gear. The stat priority is nothing set in stone.

Some prefer stamina over everything.
    Some prefer secondary stats over stamina.
    Some prefer haste over expertise hard cap.

All got valid points.

Personally for 10 man I go for hit>exp soft cap>haste>exp hard cap>stamina>mastery>crit>spell pen

Yes, you should aim for the dps gear. The stat priority is nothing set in stone.

Some prefer stamina over everything.
    Some prefer secondary stats over stamina.
    Some prefer haste over expertise hard cap.

All got valid points.

Personally for 10 man I go for hit>exp soft cap>haste>exp hard cap>stamina>mastery>crit>spell pen
    Such a 180 from what I knew about prot pally. I got so spoiled with my Blood DK XD.

*starts nostalgiaing over the times when he had to make sure he had 102.4% avoidance to be uncrushable while tanking in tBC* ahhh...good times...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    After a night of some decent gear upgrades I now got 13 expertise. Though I am considering changing an expertise piece for anther piece yielding me more sta, haste, armor and mastery. Gonna be on 11.5 expertise again then

Nothing beats getting top 10 rank without meta gem... knowing that if I had the meta gem it would be rank 1

I am seriously gonna stop logging until I get the meta gem. Just depresses me only getting rank 20-100 on most fights.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-05-20 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am seriously gonna stop logging until I get the meta gem.
    I got my 6000 VP for the quest line this week, today actually. Just a day before it goes down to 3000.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I got my 6000 VP for the quest line this week, today actually. Just a day before it goes down to 3000.
    *brofist*

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I actually got sad reading this, like I made a sad face and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really compete for ranking since our raid leader doesn't like solotanking strategies, he prefers "reliable" stuff.

Although, I'm pretty happy for ranking #32 on Ji-kun 25H after getting new weapon (Do-tharak HC TF) and finally a Spark (HC TF aswell, on our 1st kill).

As for Legendary quests, I'm sad panda. I've been on runestone part for 4 weeks already, still got only 1 runestone. (out of 24 bosses that can drop them)

After a night of some decent gear upgrades I now got 13 expertise. Though I am considering changing an expertise piece for anther piece yielding me more sta, haste, armor and mastery. Gonna be on 11.5 expertise again then

Nothing beats getting top 10 rank without meta gem... knowing that if I had the meta gem it would be rank 1

I am seriously gonna stop logging until I get the meta gem. Just depresses me only getting rank 20-100 on most fights.
    I still have never seen your armory, so not sure of your progress. Are these ranks on heroics or normals? Would just like to see your logs, as well as progress. I hardly push the envelope for ranks, esp since there is so much going on in the top 2-3% of parses for cheesing; I refuse to /sit or other shit to inflate veng... so I usually land in the top 30-50 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I can't really compete for ranking since our raid leader doesn't like solotanking strategies, he prefers "reliable" stuff.

Although, I'm pretty happy for ranking #32 on Ji-kun 25H after getting new weapon (Do-tharak HC TF) and finally a Spark (HC TF aswell, on our 1st kill).

As for Legendary quests, I'm sad panda. I've been on runestone part for 4 weeks already, still got only 1 runestone. (out of 24 bosses that can drop them)
    Same here, been on runestones for 5 weeks and only have 4 (out of 30), so you're not THAT far off. One of our raiders got 6 the first week he was on the quest... sigh.

And tell your RL that the internet thinks he's a fool.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, been on runestones for 5 weeks and only have 4 (out of 30), so you're not THAT far off. One of our raiders got 6 the first week he was on the quest... sigh.
    Well, most of our raiders are on 5+ after 4-5 weeks they've been on the quest. I feel like I'm trailing behind. The only thing that makes me somewhat happy is that I'm still best-geared character on Horde side of our realm, being like 3 full item levels ahead of #2.