Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I still have never seen your armory, so not sure of your progress. Are these ranks on heroics or normals? Would just like to see your logs, as well as progress. I hardly push the envelope for ranks, esp since there is so much going on in the top 2-3% of parses for cheesing; I refuse to /sit or other shit to inflate veng... so I usually land in the top 30-50 now.
    I would never cheese a rank further than chasing after a bit more vengeance than healthy.

Talking normal here though as we just made a new raid team having to gear people up that have not played since WotLK. But we pretty much steamrolled normal ToT in ilevel 490 average so should be in heroics soon! Maybe when I get some more heroic logs I can share with you I do not really care about normal logs other than chasing ranks

Ah, yeah. That explains a bit then. Normal logs are mostly guilds that are struggling with the content or in circumstances of reroll/alts, which makes it much easier (obviously) to rank highly without going for /sit vengeance and other silly things.

Not denegrating your ranks, just making the logical conclusion. I've found myself having to play a bit more cautiously in Heroic progression, obviously, which will reflect in dmg done. Now, on farm bosses I sometimes try to push dmg, but usually I just go on auto-pilot, zzzzzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Ah, yeah. That explains a bit then. Normal logs are mostly guilds that are struggling with the content or in circumstances of reroll/alts, which makes it much easier (obviously) to rank highly without going for /sit vengeance and other silly things.

Not denegrating your ranks, just making the logical conclusion. I've found myself having to play a bit more cautiously in Heroic progression, obviously, which will reflect in dmg done. Now, on farm bosses I sometimes try to push dmg, but usually I just go on auto-pilot, zzzzzz.
    I think I will be able to compete in heroic mode logs aswell Did fairly well last tier and during the first week this tier before I went away on vacation

Deleted
    Competing for ranks is a bit of a bummer in ToT since we very rarely do single-tanking strategies (haven't had serious Enrage Timer issues in ToT, that I remember) plus many of those up at the top are cheesing it out with the whole "turn around and sit" BS.

Maybe I'm just dumb or maybe I'm just stuck in the past but ultimately I'd rather not put an extra strain on healers so I can do a bit more damage. >.<

Deleted
    Nah, I would never turn around / sit. That is way over the top for me. Getting ranks has gone to far then. For me getting ranks is about playing well. Not cheesing encounters/mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    is someone already so far progressed to have received the ilvl 600 cloak?

if so, can that someone confirm that you are able to take the crit/haste/mastery one instead of the dodge/parry/mastery one? or is this bound to the current role or whatever else?

someone from my guild is also concerned that he may not take the int DPS cloak as healer. and we are not as far progressed to test this out by ourselves.

thanks for anyone who can report what is possible for this quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32861
    I'm pretty sure we will be able to choose. Just like it was with legendary gems.

The actual Celestial Challenge is the quest before this one.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-05-22 at 10:27 AM.

I'm still lost on why the quests give Black Prince rep since one of the quests in 5.2 required Exalted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm still lost on why the quests give Black Prince rep since one of the quests in 5.2 required Exalted.
    Because Blizzard.

By the way guys! The new scenario High Seas something.

For a fun race on that scenario. Have your entire party stand on the middle boat. At the same time jump in 3 different directions, dive and swim away. You will thank me later. Whoever gets the furthest wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Because Blizzard.

By the way guys! The new scenario High Seas something.

For a fun race on that scenario. Have your entire party stand on the middle boat. At the same time jump in 3 different directions, dive and swim away. You will thank me later. Whoever gets the furthest wins.
    I wonder if Bubble would protect you

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I just realised how much I hate all the trash in ToT. The only trash I like is Ji-Kuns trash because you can skip 100% of it

Was the wall jump not fixed/unfixed? We tried it a few weeks ago to no avail...
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Yes it was. Though you know me, I figure out how every mechanic work, including the wall jump fix

Its funny that it is easier to skip now than before

Wtf. Share!

We're past JiKun for the week, but WTB strats for future skippage!
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    A gentleman never kisses and tell.

A magician never reveals his secrets.

Nah but for real, I am gonna give a hint. Internet Connection.

A gentleman never kisses and tell.

A magician never reveals his secrets.

Nah but for real, I am gonna give a hint. Internet Connection.
    Cut ethernet cable, guild now mad at me.

Instructions unclear.

Eaten by snail.

Deleted
    Haha. You need to pull out your cable 0.1 seconds before you reach the "wall" that pushes you back, just walk of the edge. Plug it in just when you passed the waterfall a.k.a. after 1.5-2.5 seconds.

If you do not have full hp you can die by fall damage. Run speed bonus helps. So popping SoL and Bubble before makes it easier.

I just realised how much I hate all the trash in ToT. The only trash I like is Ji-Kuns trash because you can skip 100% of it
    My raid can't even see the huge spider webs on the ground >_>

Deleted
    My off tanks used to taunt the spiders 0.1 seconds before the breath, when I am facing them towards to wall, so that the entire raid gets webbed.

My off tanks used to taunt the spiders 0.1 seconds before the breath, when I am facing them towards to wall, so that the entire raid gets webbed.
    Our MT just does that anyway, while the raid leader walks into a blob of 4 of them and then we wipe for an hour, isn't trash fun?