I actually have had Hand of Purity reduce the damage of the breath dot, but not the breath. I've gone through my logs and found ticks of 53040 before purity and 47736 after. If you check (53040*.9=47736), it's only a 5k difference, so it won't make a huge difference unless you're taking 3 ticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I actually have had Hand of Purity reduce the damage of the breath dot, but not the breath. I've gone through my logs and found ticks of 53040 before purity and 47736 after. If you check (53040*.9=47736), it's only a 5k difference, so it won't make a huge difference unless you're taking 3 ticks.
    that's just the 10% damage reduction that HoPur applied to everything when it's up, which was introduced in 5.2 (iirc) to make it more attractive. the 70% damage reduction ofc doesn't apply to that breath dot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Maybe/probably with some planning and a good bit of luck, you COULD time the resets and your personal cooldowns/summoning of aspects to do it once you outgear the content a bit more (full 535+), but at the end of the day, you're really playing with fire (no pun intended) for no real gain. You can just as easily ramp up vengeance other ways that are far less likely to result in a raid wipe.
    It's not for extra vengeance, it's really because the other tank won't be available today and I either do it solo or have to bring a really subpar tank, which I guess is what I'll have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    that's just the 10% damage reduction that HoPur applied to everything when it's up, which was introduced in 5.2 (iirc) to make it more attractive. the 70% damage reduction ofc doesn't apply to that breath dot.
    Yeah, see I totally forgot/ignore the 70% reduction part because I've never seen it work. So I just assume it's a 10% flat reduction cd for everything. LoL!

Yeah, see I totally forgot/ignore the 70% reduction part because I've never seen it work. So I just assume it's a 10% flat reduction cd for everything. LoL!
    It was OP as hell when it did work (weeks 1+2), was seeing Fire Breath hit/tick for less than a sacred shield bubble, and it trivialized Council. Then, everyone stacked paladins. #whywecanthavenicethings.

I re-read your original post like 3x trying to figure out how you thought 53k -> 47k was 70% before I figured out what was going on. Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    So what fights in ToT does the 70% reduction part work on? (sorry for my ignorance).

Works for the dots on Qon, Primordius and Lei Shen iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Works for the dots on Qon, Primordius and Lei Shen iirc.
    Durumu also, but that DOT is so negligible, you can also throw in the JinRohk trash, which is about as threatening.

It also works on JiKun pools, which it is fucking awesome for:
    Pop unglyphed DivProt, HoPur and go clean up the floor.
    Enjoy Vengeance.
    Get Feed Young.
    ?????
    Profit.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

What was the formula to figure out the GCD again?

edit: nm, it's 1.5/(1+haste%)
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-06-11 at 02:10 PM.

Hmmkay that sounds great.

Stopped bothering with the pools on heroic a while ago since they just completely obliterate you as a DK and the gain didn't seem worth the risk~

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Hmmkay that sounds great.

Stopped bothering with the pools on heroic a while ago since they just completely obliterate you as a DK and the gain didn't seem worth the risk~
    Yeah, it's an amazing use for the talent, esp with unglyphed DivProt. I think it works on the infected talon debuff as well. But yeah, AMS will be consumed way too quickly and I'm not sure other classes have a viable way to consistently soak pools either. Huzzah, us.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Monks do have some cooldown they can use to soak a bunch of pools. Forgot the name but my other tank's a monk and he cleans a lot of pools (and so does the monk healer).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Monks do have some cooldown they can use to soak a bunch of pools. Forgot the name but my other tank's a monk and he cleans a lot of pools (and so does the monk healer).
    I guess Zen Meditation (requires him to not be tanking and not dpsing) and Diffuse Magic.

Yeah Zen Med for when hes offtanking, but it's a 3min CD (compared to 30 sec for HoPur).
    Diffuse is good, but I thought most took Dampen on that fight (to eat extra rakes for lolveng, or whatever)? Either way, monk's can def clean up the floor, I'm just saying Pal's are the best janitors

Plus, we can clean WHILE tanking, which is fun for boosting DPS. I may try to line up a stupid-high-vengeance ES with a Feed Young tonight, just for kicks.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Plus, we can clean WHILE tanking, which is fun for boosting DPS. I may try to line up a stupid-high-vengeance ES with a Feed Young tonight, just for kicks.
    You do 10s right? I couldn't see myself doing this on 25H without getting pooped or on using external CD's.

You do 10s right? I couldn't see myself doing this on 25H without getting pooped or on using external CD's.
    Good point. Yes, 10m here. It's kinda silly how much stat inflation has negated any threat of danger in 10s (for the most part). We're making up far less of the raids overall damage now, as well, since our DPS is sitting at ~538-542+. I'm finding myself sit-tanking far more often simply because 1) I'm not topping the meters anymore and 2) I'm bored.

YMWV on 25, ofc.
    20k and counting...

I have a hilarious picture of me single tanking the trash in Iron Qon's room last night on 25H, ended up around 568k vengeance doing 1m dps. Was pretty lulzy.

Gotta do that with primordius trash lots of fun with half the raid being blown to pieces by the blobs :O

i do that every week. i got that mass pull horn from rare in the valley, i run into the center of the room and blow it, gathering half of the room of adds. 7-10 deaths guaranteed

Deleted
    Have you guys seen the new 5.4 set bonuses?

Item - Paladin T16 Protection 2P Bonus (New) Bastion of Glory now generates 1 Holy Power per stack consumed.
    Item - Paladin T16 Protection 4P Bonus (New) While Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, 100% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Guardian of Ancient Kings fades.

Not sure about the 4P but 2P seems like a nice bonus.