Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'll second the motion: Triple Puncture timer is your best fucking friend. Always be aware of it, live by it or DIE by it, really. Never let it go out of mind, put ShotR up for it every time and you'll be ok (though you may need DP and/or GoAK if you're still getting chainsawfucked during Jalak's cries).

Back to Megaera HC (sorry Nairobi): glyphed Consecrate is okay for when I'm in range but sometimes they spawn so far the only thing that hits'em is Holy Prism >.<. Also, did you 2 or 3 heal it? Our monk healer said he was barely doing anything outside of Rampage phases and we considered dropping to 2 healers next Sunday (when we raid again) but I'm nto sure they can handle rampaging with only 2 atm.
    Is there no way to get them TotT'd/MD'd to you either, for when they're OOR? I still say that having a melee (or even ranged) "tank" them while being CC'd is a far better option, but go with what works for you.

We 3 heal heroic (Disc, MW, HPal) just to be safe, since it seems that a bad combo of fire+ice can get someone gibbed if a healer is OOR in africa kiting beams. We also actuall have issues with DPS already (as in, it's too high); heads die in ~40 seconds, so we don't even have our 1min CD's back up for rampages sometimes lol. I can't imagine 2-healing without throttling DPS way back to be able to survive rampages, at which point it's pointless to have extra DPS anyhow.

The only meaningful damage is during rampages anyway; I'm pretty much self sufficient on heads, tanking green all by my lonesome while the raid is on red/purple. Feel free to try 2heal if you need the DPS, but I think you'll find a "wall" at the 4th/5th rampage without some serious raid CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    To be completely honest about tripple puncture / direcall combos. Before I first reached Horridon HC, I heard a lot about those being deadly and shit, so I was prepared for some serious damage. However when I first got there, boss was like. Noooodles! I never used and CD for a TP+DC combo, only in the last phase. Only with SotR you dont even drop below 60% health on those.

Really, feels like paladin tanking still boils down to, time your SotR well. IMMORTAL!
    [21:33:15.016] Horridon hits Déathangel 52467 (A: 307525, B: 154283)
    [21:33:16.288] Horridon Triple Puncture Déathangel 408221 (A: 11618)
    [21:33:16.364] Horridon hits Déathangel 398096 (O: 45954)

He does quite a bit more damage on 25H though. Those are 450-500k melee swings without ShoR up, and TP+swing is 900k without ShoR up (still nearly 600k with ShoR though - I know a lot of ten man tanks wouldn't have the health-pool to survive something like that), and there would be another 450k "unmitigated" swing 1.5 seconds later.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-06-14 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Is there no way to get them TotT'd/MD'd to you either, for when they're OOR? I still say that having a melee (or even ranged) "tank" them while being CC'd is a far better option, but go with what works for you.

We 3 heal heroic (Disc, MW, HPal) just to be safe, since it seems that a bad combo of fire+ice can get someone gibbed if a healer is OOR in africa kiting beams. We also actuall have issues with DPS already (as in, it's too high); heads die in ~40 seconds, so we don't even have our 1min CD's back up for rampages sometimes lol. I can't imagine 2-healing without throttling DPS way back to be able to survive rampages, at which point it's pointless to have extra DPS anyhow.

The only meaningful damage is during rampages anyway; I'm pretty much self sufficient on heads, tanking green all by my lonesome while the raid is on red/purple. Feel free to try 2heal if you need the DPS, but I think you'll find a "wall" at the 4th/5th rampage without some serious raid CDs.
    Yea, will try having a Melee grab them, just exploring all avenues.

And yea, I guess 2 healers is way too risky.

In terms of DPS we're doing fine, I think, biggest problem seems to be random deaths during the later rampages and that add group just before rampage 6 going around shitting all over people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    [21:33:15.016] Horridon hits Déathangel 52467 (A: 307525, B: 154283)
    [21:33:16.288] Horridon Triple Puncture Déathangel 408221 (A: 11618)
    [21:33:16.364] Horridon hits Déathangel 398096 (O: 45954)

He does quite a bit more damage on 25H though. Those are 450-500k melee swings without ShoR up, and TP+swing is 900k without ShoR up (still nearly 600k with ShoR though - I know a lot of ten man tanks wouldn't have the health-pool to survive something like that), and there would be another 450k "unmitigated" swing 1.5 seconds later.
    Well yeah! Was referring to 10 man

Deleted
    Dark Animus 10 heroic with 2 tanks. I'm the one running around filling up the massives before the first siphon. When do you bubble off the explosive slam stacks? I usually did it after the second massive was full, but tbh I'm not exactly sure when I should. The slams were hurting by that point, but I was thinking I should do it even earlier so my Divine Shield will be up sooner, since HoP doesn't clear them.

The other tank took the two massives before the 4th siphon to kill some inactive large and refill their anima.

Protection guide

Stack haste and win at everything

The end lol

Infracted. Please refrain from trolling. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-06-15 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    Protection guide

Stack haste and win at everything

The end lol
    If you want to be mediocre sure but some people push higher than that and get world rankings and push themselves for fun as well If you just want to kill bosses, do that. If you want to try the challenge of solo tanking 2 tank fights, doing this that or the other... tada!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, will try having a Melee grab them, just exploring all avenues.

And yea, I guess 2 healers is way too risky.

In terms of DPS we're doing fine, I think, biggest problem seems to be random deaths during the later rampages and that add group just before rampage 6 going around shitting all over people.
    We 1 Tank - 4 Heal - Adds are being CCed till Rampage and cleaned up before/while Rampaging
    We have 2 Mages handling the Adds with Rings. Works great. Just need to have enough DPS to never get 3 Breathes or 9 Adds.

Theres a great one-tanking guide out there if you have the setup for it:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...p?f=48&t=33400

---

@ Horridon HC: Same here. I was so scared entering P2 the first time. Everywhere you read "omg, he just globals the tanks - prepare to kite". I died on our first kill at like 3% while solo tanking this phase completely (and we had a loooong first kill :-). Prot Pala is just insane on this fight... SoTR ftw.

---

Haste

To revisit that haste discussion from 1-2 pages back:

I kept reading alot those last pages was about SS and that every Point in Haste gives you "more SS proccs". But, according to Theck - that's not true.

http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/11/21...for-tankadins/

According to that article, SS gets rounded down/up. So it doesn't really matter if you have 1 more Haste or not, unless you can reach those breakpoints. Haste Breakpoints are for example 50% (8 ticks) or 70% (9 ticks).

Or am I missing something? Am I not interpreting this post right?
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-06-16 at 08:57 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

The increase in frequency of shields scales linearly with your spell-haste so long as you refresh the buff duration before it expires (give it an infinite duration). You only "get extra shields" if you cast it once, and then let it expire (giving it a finite duration).

SS scales with spell haste, that is correct.

Deleted
    Thank Rie but we already got the kill (though it was messy as fuck by the end, we really ought to replace one of our healers)!

7 heroics down by now.. Gonna give some tries on HC Twins tomorrow as we already had those little shits down to 20% but we ought to pick another one for progression... Would you guys say Durumu is worth it? We engaged him on heroic by mistake and decided to go along with it just for the lulz and got him down to 60% before the first light phase so he doesn't seem THAT bad... Or should we just focus Primordius next?

I'd go with Durumu. Primordius can be really frustrating with the big blob spawning next to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'd go with Durumu. Primordius can be really frustrating with the big blob spawning next to the boss.
    What's to be done about this? We were taking some cracks at 25 H Primo, only about 10 pulls total, so I was able to get a modest feel of the fight. One thing that always loomed was the prospect of an unlucky blob spawn; I can't discern any pattern to the spawns at all so it looks totally up to chance. When watching kill videos I notice tanks kiting Primo around the room but what's stopping an add from spawning directly on top of him? That only happened to us once on our attempts but I want to do what I can to lessen its likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    What's to be done about this? We were taking some cracks at 25 H Primo, only about 10 pulls total, so I was able to get a modest feel of the fight. One thing that always loomed was the prospect of an unlucky blob spawn; I can't discern any pattern to the spawns at all so it looks totally up to chance. When watching kill videos I notice tanks kiting Primo around the room but what's stopping an add from spawning directly on top of him? That only happened to us once on our attempts but I want to do what I can to lessen its likelihood.
    Basically nothing. However i'll take a guess and say that he can't spawn in the same pool twice. Regardless just spam the target macro and taunt asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I noticed that when I started tanking Horridon on my paladin since last week.
    Fight's a joke for protadins - as long as you got every triple puncture covered with ShoR you don't even need to dispel the debuff.
    We spent our first proper night on Iron Qon 25H yesterday and got him down. I finally managed to convince my raidleader to let me solotank the boss, and I was happy with the results. I feared that external HoPs might be required but it seems that I managed clearing everything by myself. More fun than Horridon for sure. I was disappointed with doing only 260k dps, however. Expected more, tbh.
    Also, when we finished clearing the instance, my co-tank died on 2nd intermission on Lei Shen, resulting in me solotanking boss in p3 and reaching rank 7 on WoL for that fight. I'm a one happy paladin now, that's my second top-10 world ranking (first was ranking 9 on WotE-10 back in t14 days).

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 11:58 AM ----------

Your health is enough; I'm at about 745k buffed in 25 H.
    That's kinda low. Unless you are saying "buffed" and not counting 10% hp from Ancestral Fortitude or whatever that shaman thing is called. I'm usually running around 830k with that. Not using stam trinkets or anything, just 1 jc stamina gem.

You can probably try 3 tanking it on 25H and spread out the 2 tanks that are not on primo.
    Otherwise you just need some practice to avoid random blob wipes most of the time.

You can probably try 3 tanking it on 25H and spread out the 2 tanks that are not on primo.
    Otherwise you just need some practice to avoid random blob wipes most of the time.
    Yeah that's what we did do. It's not like it was a problem - only happened once to us - but it's just something I want to be prepared for because it must be frustrating as all hell to at the 6 minute mark face an unlucky spawn and do it all over.

That's kinda low. Unless you are saying "buffed" and not counting 10% hp from Ancestral Fortitude or whatever that shaman thing is called. I'm usually running around 830k with that. Not using stam trinkets or anything, just 1 jc stamina gem.
    I mean with Fortitude, Flask, and Food. Have never had any problems with survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by ccqpuodp View Post
    Dark Animus 10 heroic with 2 tanks. I'm the one running around filling up the massives before the first siphon. When do you bubble off the explosive slam stacks? I usually did it after the second massive was full, but tbh I'm not exactly sure when I should. The slams were hurting by that point, but I was thinking I should do it even earlier so my Divine Shield will be up sooner, since HoP doesn't clear them.

The other tank took the two massives before the 4th siphon to kill some inactive large and refill their anima.
    Not sure what comp you're running, but when we tried it 2tanking, I bubbled stacks at 7. However, it wasn't back up again quick enough, so I had to ping-pong with the MT, which just got messy. 3 tanking is so much easier.

Anyhow, if you insist on 2-tank, 7 (maaaybe 8) is as high as you can safely go, but they tend to align so you get 2 in rapid succession, which really sucks

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 02:58 PM ----------

Thank Rie but we already got the kill (though it was messy as fuck by the end, we really ought to replace one of our healers)!

7 heroics down by now.. Gonna give some tries on HC Twins tomorrow as we already had those little shits down to 20% but we ought to pick another one for progression... Would you guys say Durumu is worth it? We engaged him on heroic by mistake and decided to go along with it just for the lulz and got him down to 60% before the first light phase so he doesn't seem THAT bad... Or should we just focus Primordius next?
    Grats! Twins is really pretty easy if you have decent DPS. I think we 2-shot it the first night we tried it. Durumu was also WAY easier than Primo for us (not sure why, I think we were over-thinking the fight), and is overall quite easy if you have raiders who aren't failing at ground-effect-awareness. For reference, you should aim for sub 50% by the first maze (with lust at the start), since the life drains from then on will likely set you back a bit. I think we get him to ~25% now, but thats with a lot of gear. We 1tank/3healed for our first kills, just a bit more stable than 2. Bubble at 7+ stacks.

It's 100% random, and sucks. Since you're 25, you can/should 3tank to be safe, and have the non-tanking tanks on opposite sides of primo to intercept the big guy. He moves pretty slow (unless you have a goddamn brewmaster with his troll taunt!) so you'll have plenty of time. Sit the add in the middle of the room and cleave off of him while kiting primo in a circle along the grate.

We struggeld with the fight because of tank comp, meaning the BrM taunt/runspeed thing kept causing the add to go flying past the monk (and towards the boss) before it's AI recognized that it had been taunted. Prob 30+ wipes to that ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Thanks for all the tips, finally killed HC Twins!

Also, regarding something that I asked about them like a week ago: At one point my offtank died and I still managed to hold Suen until dusk phase, I got to about 8 stacks of fan of flames which didn't seem half as bad as I thought it would be through cooldown chaining (plus healer's). Unglyphed DP really worked wonders. It's still a bit risky to solo tank HC twins but with higher ilvl and DPS I think it's probably doable (with 3 healers ofc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the tips, finally killed HC Twins!

Also, regarding something that I asked about them like a week ago: At one point my offtank died and I still managed to hold Suen until dusk phase, I got to about 8 stacks of fan of flames which didn't seem half as bad as I thought it would be through cooldown chaining (plus healer's). Unglyphed DP really worked wonders. It's still a bit risky to solo tank HC twins but with higher ilvl and DPS I think it's probably doable (with 3 healers ofc).
    Damage of the Fan is laughable in 10man. I was able to solo tank the boss getting up to 8 stacks of fan easily without any external CDs, whilst on 25man I tend to get almost oneshot at 4th stack through CDs. That's on normal but I assume it's fairly similar for heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Damage of the Fan is laughable in 10man. I was able to solo tank the boss getting up to 8 stacks of fan easily without any external CDs, whilst on 25man I tend to get almost oneshot at 4th stack through CDs. That's on normal but I assume it's fairly similar for heroic.
    agree - we had our first couple of pulls on twins 25man hc last night after downing iron Qon (meh died during last phase :/) - damage in P1 is laughable and definately 1 tankable, however in P2 with a few fan stacks the fire damage really zooms up and dont think it will be solo tankable this tier. Hope to get this or magera down next reset.