Deleted
    Oh wait, I forgot to account for that the additional DP procs gives you more BoG stacks which gives you more procs. So, again. 50% haste, DP, GC procs only from CS. You get a 13% increase in SotR uptime by spamming WoG whenever you get 3 stacks.

So we are looking at an average of 90%+ uptime (92% theoretical average), so I would say 90-95%, +-% on (un)lucky proc streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Any specific reason you're not?
    Mostly because I'm in the habit of having HA, and prefer the reliability over randomness, especially when I'm only sitting on 5.1k haste (behind the progression curve [just got down Prim on Sunday], haven't had any lucky with drops on the bosses I have downed, including with coins). It might just come down to I need to play with it to actually like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    It might just come down to I need to play with it to actually like it.
    This was the case for me. I was kinda sad when they changed the T14 ret 4p and the 3 min CD of SW fit very badly into T15, so I basically had to test the other T5 talents some more. I was about of the same opinion as you about DP, to random. But after I tried it... damn... once you go divine purposack you dont goback. It really is not as random as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Mostly because I'm in the habit of having HA, and prefer the reliability over randomness, especially when I'm only sitting on 5.1k haste (behind the progression curve [just got down Prim on Sunday], haven't had any lucky with drops on the bosses I have downed, including with coins). It might just come down to I need to play with it to actually like it.
    Yeah, that haste level I'd probably go with HA over DP too. I think I didn't switch back to DP full time until somewhere around 7-8k haste. I tried it back in T14 with 3-5k haste and it was just too iffy, and there was a lot of boss mechanics that made HA better.

Deleted
    Oooooo! How did this slip below the radar? They changed SW again on the ptr. That change makes SW again scale better with haste, aswell as concreting its spot as a stronger defensive CD than HA, just a longer CD. So you will have the option between having HA for whenever you need CDs every 2 minutes and SW when you need them ever 3 minutes and DP for throughput for whenever you dont need the extra CD.

I actually like that change. Makes DP the go-to talent with both HA and SW having situational uses, HA whenever you need a lot of defensive CDs and SW when you need a strong defensive cd.

is it just me who feels the prot changes so far are way better then for other tanks? i dno atm. got a feeling alot of these awesome and wonderful changes wont go live. so atm im not to bothered to put my hopes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    anyone seen the new trinkets?

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102306-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > well, I don't know which abilities this would affect. but stuff like guardian, lay on hands, any defensive ability, this thing has strong potential

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102307-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > warrior/dk trinket

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102305-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > 14% more haste? O_o

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102296-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > situational trinket.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102295-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > 1.62% chance for any ability to be aoe? extremely RNG. but nice haste.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102297-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > 100k dps, this is 2.65k hps on self. I don't know. sounds not that awesome tbh.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102316-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > typical stam/dodge on use trinket. the least appealing so far.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102315-5-...-boss-x-loot-x
    > str/haste proc. don't know what to think about a haste proc trinket.

thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    is it just me who feels the prot changes so far are way better then for other tanks? i dno atm. got a feeling alot of these awesome and wonderful changes wont go live. so atm im not to bothered to put my hopes up
    Our set bonuses are kinda shit compared to other tanks though.

Warriors are recieving even more damage buffs. Warriors were already amazing tanks, only their damage was lacking. They are catching up now in the damage department.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    anyone seen the new trinkets?
    First thought... placeholders... If not... then... wtf...

Reduce cooldown trinket - Depends on what skills it reduces, always been a fan of maximum health uses, however if that is only defensive CDs then that trinket becomes situational. If it is offensive abilities, then great. Like AW.

Stamina + crit - Awesome, great trinket

14% crit/haste/mastery - What... the... fudge??? Way to strong.

AoE reduction - Dont know encounters so well yet, so dunno, situational.

Haste trinket - nice, proc? Dunno, feels like it will be underwhelming on some fights and completely OP on some other fights.

Dodge trinket - Shit

Stam dodge trink - Okay stam trinket but the stam/crit is better

str/haste proc - Bad. We dont need a haste proc trinket when we can reach haste cap. Just plain... bad...

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    anyone seen the new trinkets? thoughts?
    I could see the "Str DPS (3)", "Str DPS (1)" and "Str DPS (5)" being of some use, I don't know which abilities off hand the tank one lowers... could be very good, could just be terrible.

The other are probably going to be mediocre or terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Okay... I approve of that trinket because it buffs SW to the skies

We don't know actual % yet on the trinkets--I can't see 14% increased haste/mastery and critical damage going live, it would be way to powerful a trinket for almost every class. The cd reduction trinket looks pretty nice, although the actual % reduction is also unknown at this point. Only thing that bothers me is that with trinkets potentially this amazing, LFR and flex raiding to get them is probably going to be a must for high end guilds if normal farm doesn't yield them.

Even though the super-nerfed 4 piece can be a potential SoTR uptime increase, it seems highly doubtful to me that it would be an increase over haste itemized offpieces, unless our tier actually is decently itemized which I find highly unlikely. I will certainly be passing the tier to anyone else in the raid who can use it first, unless the ret pieces are incredibly awesome.

I am interested in how this trinket works and if it would work for us.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102301-5-...-boss-x-loot-x

base haste and a chance to proc multi strike which deals 1/3 of the orignal damage dealt. Will the multi strike proc the legendary meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    We don't know actual % yet on the trinkets--I can't see 14% increased haste/mastery and critical damage going live, it would be way to powerful a trinket for almost every class. The cd reduction trinket looks pretty nice, although the actual % reduction is also unknown at this point. Only thing that bothers me is that with trinkets potentially this amazing, LFR and flex raiding to get them is probably going to be a must for high end guilds if normal farm doesn't yield them.

Even though the super-nerfed 4 piece can be a potential SoTR uptime increase, it seems highly doubtful to me that it would be an increase over haste itemized offpieces, unless our tier actually is decently itemized which I find highly unlikely. I will certainly be passing the tier to anyone else in the raid who can use it first, unless the ret pieces are incredibly awesome.
    I agree here, but seeing one of the stam trinkets give an on-use of crit, I have a very small sliver of hope that Blizzard will at least give us some exp/mastery stuff (if not a piece or two with haste YEAH RIGHT) instead of dodge/parry. We'll see though.

Not certain at this point if trinkets classified as "agility" or "intellect" will actually proc for strength classes even when nothing about them is inherently agility or intellect based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    The 4 piece is only a SotR increase if you use DP. In that case it is roughly a 13% increase of SotR uptime at 50% haste. That is far above what haste off-pieces will give you.

On another topic, did a quick comparison between SW and HA for the next patch.

Presumptions: No GC procs counted in, both talents presumes used at 5 HoPo and CS+J off cooldown. Most of the cases you use a cooldown like HA/SW you use it for a specific part of the fight, those parts are often timed / % based which means that you can prepare for it so presuming 5 HoPo and CS+J off cooldown is reasonable.

Results:

SW: 57 seconds of 100% uptime ending with 1 HoPo in the bank. 30 seconds of 20% increased healing taken. CS and J will be off cooldown.
    HA: 51 seconds of 100% uptime ending with 2 HoPo in the bank.
    There will be a 1 second down time between 51-52 seconds. After that you will have uptime to 55s ending in the exact same state as SW ,1 HoPo + CS and J off coldown.

So what we have here is a clear evidence of SW is undisputably going to be a stronger cooldown than HA, however it is going to have a longer cooldown. So it becomes a matter of if a 3 or 2 min CD fits better into the fights, however if that trinket lowers the cooldown of SW to 2 minutes or lower, then there is a clear winner.

Still, I predict DP being the go-to talent either way. This is more of a, checking the situational talents.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Titanshammer View Post
    I am interested in how this trinket works and if it would work for us.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102301-5-...-boss-x-loot-x

base haste and a chance to proc multi strike which deals 1/3 of the orignal damage dealt. Will the multi strike proc the legendary meta?
    That looks sexy.

Might be interesting to see if tank cloak + AD lets you game some crazy veng.
    But the effect on dps cloak seems amazing.

And trinkets seem so shady, i have a strong feeling that they're going to end up either fairly op or fairly meh (more likely OP).
    However i am interested in how blizzard will handle the % trinkets. Something like twice upgraded heroic self heal + heroic soul drinker = possibly fun ?

Deleted
    Rather sure the % trinkets wil be % of your current stats, i.e 13% more haste/mastery and crit damage. That is 1000 rating becomes 1130 rating, a gain of 130 rating, not that you straight go from 30% to 43%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    14% crit/haste/mastery - What... the... fudge??? Way to strong.
    It's fairly obvious that it will boost your current stats.
    E.g. I have 18.7k haste and that trinket will boost it to 21.3k

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The 4 piece is only a SotR increase if you use DP. In that case it is roughly a 13% increase of SotR uptime at 50% haste. That is far above what haste off-pieces will give you.
    I was wondering, is this 13% SotR increase include casting WoG or EF, if that also benefit's from the 4 piece, on the raid or just if you only cast it on yourself. In this build I see nothing yet the prohibits the use of WoG with 3 or more stacks of BoG on someone else for free. My napkin maths shows me that more than 100% uptime is easily achievable with using WoG on the raid.

If this doesn't change this bonus is far more powerful that the last one.