Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Buff GbtL from 6% to 8-10% and we'd have the same mana regen as we do today /shrug.

Or, how about GbtL mana regen scaling with haste?
    I'd really like either of these. But with their crusade to get people to not hate Dodge/Parry, I really do fear that we'll see something not as "haste-friendly" as the "fix" to this artificially created problem.

Blessing of Sanctuary used to refund 2% mana on dodge/parry (maybe block too, not sure); that's the solution I'm afraid we're going to get tossed.

Why they can't just admit that D/P are not interesting, effective, desired, creative, or fun stats is beyond me. It's like they're being obstinate on purpose. When nearly every successful tank (the role these dinosaur-stats were designed to serve) is removing, avoiding and complaining about them, you'd think the smart move would be to take the hint. When math and logic and in-game success is refuting their claims that "we don't believe you that D/P are bad stats", you'd think they'd at least open a discussion on how to fix it.

You'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Sanctuary was dodge/parry/block until some evil players found out that you could dodge/parry/block everything. Then it got changed to dodge/parry only, making it useless against slow hitters like Ultraxion.

The blue post went out ~15 mins ago, and these posts are ~5 hours old :P

But yes, Lore's fix (10% on GbtL) is enough to support a 50% haste build WITH interrupts/taunts/whatever.

Huzzah.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    The blue post went out ~15 mins ago, and these posts are ~5 hours old :P

But yes, Lore's fix (10% on GbtL) is enough to support a 50% haste build WITH interrupts/taunts/whatever.

Huzzah.
    Well a fair number of us did mention it a while ago. Plus there's a very good chance that instead of reading blue post ppl would just go to the end of the thread and post solutions.

Item - Paladin T16 Protection 2P Bonus While Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, 100% 200% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Guardian of Ancient Kings fades.
    I don't get what they're trying to do with that stupid bonus :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I don't get what they're trying to do with that stupid bonus :/
    "Hey healer you don't need to heal me for 10 seconds after my cooldown falls off, kk ?"
    But yes, it's very situation.

Oh and apparently the tank cloak now has experise rather than dodge.....
    Too bad it's only the agi tank cloak >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Oh and apparently the tank cloak now has experise rather than dodge.....
    Too bad it's only the agi tank cloak >_>
    If only we could get exp/hit/mastery one that would not be bad for literally every plate tank in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    the solution would be to remove d/p entirely and make mastery/haste/crit for all plate tanks attractive in some way. then add just more items, and everything would be fine.

oh and lore confirmed that the GC change is made to make d/p more attractive, at least in the way that if you happen to have some on the gear, you don't feel like it's wasted.
    doesn't change the fact that this still makes aoe tanking (5+ mobs) totally broken.
    doesn't change the fact that I will continue to avoid d/p it like the plague, either.

Deleted
    It just means that the T16 gear will be full of d/p pieces! YAY! :P

I just got my cloak last night (curse you RNG!) and i'm sitting at roughly 16k haste now. At what point does it make sense to start shifting away from haste and into other secondary stats like crit/mastery?

I'm also at 15.01% expertise right now and I was thinking about reforging the mastery on the cloak to expertise so I can swap out the expertise/haste gems (I think I have about 2-3) to pure haste ones. Worth it? Should I reforge out of crit instead?

Got a Top 12 rank on H Horridon last night! Hoping to crack top 5 next week with my new cloak.

Deleted
    Depends on your socket bonuses. If they are red sockets with good socket bonus I will reforge the mastery to crit, otherwise I would reforge it to haste and swap out some exp/haste gems to pure haste.

Deleted
    Hey any advice for 10 man heroic tortos?

Been progressing on it a little bit and having some trouble, im solo tanking it but I seem to take crazy amounts of damage as well as having trouble keeping up the crystal shield (when i dont have it I seem to spike like crazy and die) so yeah any advice would be welcome

I try to time my SotR for the bite I end up pooling for like 5 HP just so i have it up for it but with trying to pick up bats and time them together and trying to not let the crystal shield drop it never seems to go well

Did most solo tank it on progress or did you 2 tank it?
    Last edited by mmocdb9b77edc4; 2013-07-10 at 09:47 PM.

2tanking it is laughably easy.

2tank for the kill, 1tank if you want to rank.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    2tanking it is laughably easy.

2tank for the kill, 1tank if you want to rank.
    Well, last night we tried killing bats for the first time instead of kiting (25H). Funny enough, but both tanks got ranked (DK tanked the boss and threw diseases/BB on bats, and I was tanking bats).
    We got tired with random deaths on our offspec Brewmaster monk on that boss and decided to do it the "proper" way.

Does sacred shield update automatically as you gain vengeance or do you have to recast it ?

You have to recast it.

Here's weak auras strings I use to track them
    Vengeance:
    Code:
    dWJ2caGEfjTlvfVgLQpJI5kLMTchwLBQk6BcPBluNxkStHyVu7wY(rP8tvj)vQACQQCAedvvyWKcdhjoiP0JbCmrCovPwOiDssLfRQ0Yf1ubAslcTmvv9Cqpf6YlImzsMUsdJu1Nxe1Zuu66cSrffBfLWMrQTlfvFuksFvkIPjOVROABOKUmXOrsJxkkdzrIBrk6AsL7Pi1Vr18sj6nlc2jg0iXOUALm9biT6a4fSv7xYGSn6FCJtrQ(0HaHI6PuksXyeAm5t4NOFs0Bm2OYOYGgP51IKPkosYSgH7bWo8bNuRX0xGGVEASzVOPHY6z0K1F)7IYQ(KW3DVd7s6mTMHDgb48HIpVCQXgVOPHY6zc)11fggM8pAuwN9T(OMwZWoJhWs4f0GgPjfbs1Ggv8(ybcpgXFnc5bLYOUALm9biTAvkEbBBICSRniFW2h85swBq(Gpff5ArEqPGTn9Gu(WzymQ49qEqPCQxVgRGyWmHHrYqhjX4CIAP6iH)mEfj(wcVmOrAsrGunOXTbfXiLSaL1iLSaL1itMp3RxJeLrwifJCfGyCZeggjBqJqkYyOtz8V(3)7mgaL(6IfNAeg8fGhuRtnwxSyKfsXixbigPdgdiWvo1yDXc0GosIr8aYIInnqQezO8ASUyPNtrY3YZgNEAVgP51AuBMCd20iDCaSBKQqyOUos4pJzHHWlWgueJeaEzCWpLbngaL(6IfNAmZhIbnghmwIb961yDXIXjprwoPPmbVEnEg0iEazrXMgivImug1vRKPpaPvhaVGTA)sgKTr)JBCks1NoeiuupLsrkgVgBUJKeQxVxBa
    Sacred Shield:
    Code:
    dOZVcaGELqTlvsBtj1CLuZwOBQs8zk62QIdJYofWEj7gy)kv9tvW8sv0VP03uknuLObRKmCe1brv9uOJjkNtewOiDAqlwPYYL4nlbnPbQwMsXZL6KiYuvvtgPPR4Yu95rv6zcKRtHnIQWLhOSzuz7IQ4JIQYxvczAc67QidtsgNOYOvPgVsGHmQQULk01urDEr0FvLEmcVgvPvM(cHcjbgVWXi8AsewqxZFhmcNKVlzrgfcEtJE3o9IdOqGPWwy21WRBVMvj8rivivFHCwWGWf7kqwqcxWboU2hXJJH5suTEty1MQSQWGcZjUJHNfwCtOf8ts2fcjSaHrlJQVqJ2FbShxPcl2ORVWhJ4a1xJgHa2JlmVbNNbl)luJWKh44AFepoUD92QSeNZLL482WGsSwChdxlShgbV9slemctp8)hUiKrmqlO1xihea7B9fsTVpE3mtx7e2wdavijW4fogHxZNsTGUEroJx(gfwxV0EYl8nkS(ItHSA0AaODD(yn5RwttHu7BBnauLQrJWPann9I(cBYEmsIkCtvInNfA0(Bt2JrsuLkeWE8wFfitiYikoD)k8g6rQgHTXocRbyuQqoJySjyaLQridaFyd0c0xihea7B9fsU4Tpcnl2tcNKKDHKlE7JgncHuHiJO409RWBOhPcpbPZTceMtiNfmc5xGS4(vPrgbVcbgp)c000lTcKj82HM3JceMtiH1gP2taLQritFHiJO409RWBOhPcjbgVWXi8AsewqxZFhmcNKVlzrgfcEtJE3o9IdOqGPgH5rbYcRQ0ib

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

15+ Year Old Account
    do you mind putting a small pic in here how they look ingame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Does sacred shield update automatically as you gain vengeance or do you have to recast it ?
    As far as I know, the only thing that adjusts dynamically is the haste portion of SS.
    I'm using G15 keyboard, it has a nice LCD where I can keep track of my attack power. Sure, it requires me to glance off my screen, but it has became a habit which doesn't hurt me in any way.