I would assume warriors will have an equivalent change like making Devastate or Revenge apply Weakened Blows as well? Hate to see the competition have another reason to call paladins easy mode.

Deleted
    Yea, Thunder Clap is as awkward to fit into a ST rotation as HotR is, I guess.

Would make sense to add Weakened Blows to Devastate, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I would assume warriors will have an equivalent change like making Devastate or Revenge apply Weakened Blows as well? Hate to see the competition have another reason to call paladins easy mode.
    Because pressing Thunderclap every 6 seconds is difficult? So many classes give out the "Weakened Blows" debuff it's not even funny. I hardly even have to hit Hammer to get it up as it's often up after I hit it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Because pressing Thunderclap every 6 seconds is difficult? So many classes give out the "Weakened Blows" debuff it's not even funny. I hardly even have to hit Hammer to get it up as it's often up after I hit it the first time.
    Then by that same token paladins should not get weakened blows applied from Crusader Strike. You're arguing with me when you should be arguing with Blizzard. It appears Blizzard is experimenting with making Weakened Blows an ez-mode debuff so I'm just saying it should be equally ez-mode for all classes.

Of course, that change will be annoying for soloing lower level content (mah vengeance!), but the game is never balanced around such activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Then by that same token paladins should not get weakened blows applied from Crusader Strike. You're arguing with me when you should be arguing with Blizzard. It appears Blizzard is experimenting with making Weakened Blows an ez-mode debuff so I'm just saying it should be equally ez-mode for all classes.
    It's not like Warriors only hit Tclap once every 30 seconds like we do for Hammer. It'd be like if Hammer and CS weren't on the same CD, you'd probably see is hit it on CD just like how warriors hit Tclap.

It honestly just looks like they're making only one ability easier for us, so that we have CS for single targets and Hammer for AoE.

Deleted
    Correct me if I am wrong but does not warriors use thunderclap as a filler in their single target rotation? Paladins do not use HotR as a filler in the single target rotation.

It really do not seem like the same thing for me, not to mention that warrior rotation + AM is kinda braindead so dont really see why warriors would need WB on devestate.

On single target rotation I think the only reason a warrior thunderclaps is for the debuff. If someone else is applying the debuff then the warrior skips it and spams Devastate some more.

From Icy Veins under single target rotatoin:
    Use Thunder Clap once every 30 seconds, if no one else is providing the Weakened Blows debuff that it applies.

Doesn't make sense for a warrior to use Thunderclap on single target outside of applying the debuff.
    Devastate deals more damage and has a chance to refresh Shield Slam with a +5 rage bonus.

Compared to that it's just a tiny bit of damage for a pally.

Slightly not sure, i think it was discussed before, but can't find it.
    Which exp cap is Avenger shield on ? (as in so it always hits)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Slightly not sure, i think it was discussed before, but can't find it.
    Which exp cap is Avenger shield on ? (as in so it always hits)
    Should be 0 expertise, which is why I earlier discussed a straight hit>dodge>parry>haste>mastery prio. Reaching the level of dodge and parry where you can get GC proc on every global would make expertise kinda not needed. Couple that with the primordius trinket and you are immortal vs physical damage.

In the upcoming lockout I might tank hc tortos (10 man) with my paladin instead of monk (due to lack of hunter who went on vacation). Paladin was my main until mop, when I rerolled, so she is in "so-so" shape. Could you give me some tips/help (suggested glyphs/talents), etc for this one? What we plan is to have holy pala healing with rf so we know where bats will be going. Going with tanking strategy instead of kiting without md gives more room for mistake imo.

Here is armory of my paladin: (yes I know I forgot about shoulder enchant and belt buckle): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lissa/advanced

Many thanks for all tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I rant a bit?
    Dark Animus 25H is a stupidly retarded fight. Woops, one person died, you are screwed, gg, go next pull. We have only recently started working on it having killed H Primordius in like 4 pulls (stupidly easy fight), and I'm already hating it with all my passion.
    I wish Blizz never ever designs such fights in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Should be 0 expertise, which is why I earlier discussed a straight hit>dodge>parry>haste>mastery prio. Reaching the level of dodge and parry where you can get GC proc on every global would make expertise kinda not needed. Couple that with the primordius trinket and you are immortal vs physical damage.
    The problem with that gearing strategy is that you will end up having low haste and consequently your HP gains will be slow no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Can I rant a bit?
    Dark Animus 25H is a stupidly retarded fight. Woops, one person died, you are screwed, gg, go next pull. We have only recently started working on it having killed H Primordius in like 4 pulls (stupidly easy fight), and I'm already hating it with all my passion.
    Yep. POS fight, if you ask me.

Plus we can't even progress properly atm due to all the people going off in vacation and shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The problem with that gearing strategy is that you will end up having low haste and consequently your HP gains will be slow no matter what.
    You only need about 20% haste to reach 100% SotR uptime. (even lower actually but 20% will allow you to cast SS and stuff)

Which isn't all that easy to acquire in avoidance gear... and that still requires:
    Enough GC procs to have a HP ability every gcd.
    Reliable DP procs ... and since they're 25% chance there is a high chance you won't have them for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Which isn't all that easy to acquire in avoidance gear... and that still requires:
    Enough GC procs to have a HP ability every gcd.
    Reliable DP procs ... and since they're 25% chance there is a high chance you won't have them for a while.
    Even if you dont have enough GC procs you can throw in a J between them to compensate.

And well, the DP procs balances out, all you need is one small streak to kickstart you and you are on.

Not saying it is easy, but it is for sure doable. If you set Spell Hit Cap>Haste20%>Dodge as the start of the prio you can easily get 20% haste even in avoidance gear.

Still, as you mentioned, you need about 10 mobs (give or take dodge/parry levels) on you to have a reliable GC proc stream to support that. I think it is doable however with 6-7 mobs~ if you weave judgments in. Maybe there is some way to get really really high dodge/parry aswell, I am to be honest not really sure how high numbers you can reach since I never tried maxing those.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-07-16 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Can I rant a bit?
    lol yes just started this myself last night. first ~ 15 pulls lasted about 10 secs

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Even if you dont have enough GC procs you can throw in a J between them to compensate.

And well, the DP procs balances out, all you need is one small streak to kickstart you and you are on.

Not saying it is easy, but it is for sure doable. If you set Spell Hit Cap>Haste20%>Dodge as the start of the prio you can easily get 20% haste even in avoidance gear.

Still, as you mentioned, you need about 10 mobs (give or take dodge/parry levels) on you to have a reliable GC proc stream to support that. I think it is doable however with 6-7 mobs~ if you weave judgments in. Maybe there is some way to get really really high dodge/parry aswell, I am to be honest not really sure how high numbers you can reach since I never tried maxing those.
    But how many boss-fights are like that? How many boss fights actually have half a dozen adds wailing on the tank the whole time? How many times are you going to be able to go back and find some trash to pull on every boss pull? You can't just keep the last pull alive, the healers need to regen, you need to rez that numpty that died to a cleave on the last trash pack. I really don't see how this would be a viable setup at all. Fine to keep it in the realms of theory, but the last fight I can remember with a constant stream of multiple adds was Tortos. Before then Mel'jarak and perhaps anub'arak 25H (although you had to fully block their attacks because of the stacking buff so avoidance wouldn't work anyway)?

And yes, Dark Animus heroic is a PoS fight. One screw-up and you wipe.