Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You can also easily reset it by running to china while lei-shen is channeling a spell and simply kiting him for 1-2 seconds. When we were still progressing I reset my stacks on every second cast he stopped to channel, when we got it on farm I started doing it on every 3-4 channels.
    Didn't want to run out of range of the healers as we didn't have any battle rezzes left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Didn't want to run out of range of the healers as we didn't have any battle rezzes left.
    It can feel scary, but as long as your healers are not in australia while you run to africa they are still gonna be able to heal you, you only need to run like 10-15 yards from lei-shen, so as long as you dont run in the complete opposite direction that your healers are standing they will still be able to heal you.

Of course, standing your ground at using divine shield is viable, I dont know how the dot damage is in 25 man, but in 10 man I feel like stack reseting feels safer and less risky.

I see that the stacks deal the exact same amount of damage in 10 and 25 man, so it is probably easier to outheal it in 25 man than 10 man, probably standing and bubbling was so good for you, simply a 10 vs 25 difference.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-08-06 at 11:00 AM.

Yeah, in 25 man you have the relative luxury of having 3 healers standing around doing nothing in that phase other than during ball lightning or after a thunderstrike, so you can have them bomb you with heals and chain self-cooldowns and external cooldowns for over half a minute.

I think I was taking about 170k dps (after cooldowns) in the ~10 seconds before I bubbled.

Both Council and Megaera are easily solo-tankable, I even dare say it's easier.

For Council just 3 warn healers for when you'll be stunned, and they should no problem keeping u up. It never happens at the same time as Frostbite. Use glyphed DP/GotAK/AD 1 second before stun to help them, remember to renew your SS so it won't drop. After Mallak is dead there's really no tank damage going out.

For Megaera the only problem is positioning for melee, just put the markers on the farthest melee hit range and use them for stacking too. Unglyphed DP is available for every 2nd breaths, roll other CDs for the others. Take LH and enjoy 1s-2nd place on damage/healing meters.

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Deleted
    2 tanks fight really pisses me off. I just cant understand how some tanks can be doing so low threat. I was on my alt monk doing a ToT HC pug, and on the first boss, Jin'rokh, I kept getting aggro and aggro over and over again, and my monk is only at 515 ilvl, the other tank had like 528 ilvl. And I consider myself to play monk badly, I was only doing 200-220k dps and still the other tank lost aggro all the time, so annoying.

The tank ended up fake dcing and we solo tanked it. I was actually suprised on how easy solo tanking Jin'Rokh was. We simply used a feral druid going bear and taunting AFTER the throw, so I actually got thrown as a tank, this meant that the druid got 1 stack of static wound which allowed me to reset my stacks, so I only got 2+2 static wound smashes, which was easily survivable by stacking CDs and absorbs at my 515 ilvl.

Might actually start solo tanking Jin'rokh on my paladin now too, I really did not expect it to be that easy. With some timing I can probably get him to static smash my Salyin Scout aswell.

I really hope there are a lot of one tank fights in the next tier.

Monks currently do a lot of threat, which is getting "fixed" next patch. I would often have to stop doing anything when tanking on my monk (was 515) with our regular blood dk tank (540).
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-08-06 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Monks currently do a lot of threat, which is getting "fixed" next patch. I would often have to stop doing anything when tanking on my monk with our regular blood dk tank.
    I do far more threat on my paladin than my monk however, but that is likely because I play my paladin better. The only thing that I feel like monks threat is off the charts is on AE, but I feel like on single target it is almost behind paladins.

Keg Smash was the big problem, which is why it's getting an 18% damage nerf come 5.4. It should put monks in line with where they should be TPS wise. The aoe situation is going to get nerfed again from the vengeance scaling and the KS nerf as well. Which, might not do much since they're changing how Rushing Jade Wind works, which makes you do the aoe damage/threat while continuing your normal rotation to keep up EB procs. So it will just make monks the better aoe tank still.

Deleted
    Haha, I am beginning to regret using the heroic tortos intellect shield. Cant even go around the world doing dailies without getting this whisper.

[21:27:16] [W From] [<instert name>]: YOU KNOW YOU SHEALD ARE HEALING

Deleted
    Blue post about veng diminishing returns:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573038382#12
    The basic, concise explanation is as follows: The Nth strongest (based on pre-mitigation average auto attack DPS) mob that has hit you in the last 5 seconds grants 1/Nth of full vengeance with their attacks. N is recalculated on every hit taken.

So here’s an example. Say you’re tanking 3 mobs – we’ll say it’s a boss and two adds. The boss has pre-mitigation average auto attack DPS of 1500k, one add does 400k, and the other add does 300k. The game will form a list of those mobs from 1-3, like so:
    1. Boss: 1500k DPS, 1/1 (100%) of normal vengeance is granted
    2. First add: 400k DPS, 1/2 (50%) of normal vengeance is granted
    3. Second add: 300k DPS, 1/3 (33.333%, repeating of course) of normal vengeance is granted
    This is worse than what I excepted. >.>

Whoa, that's a massive aoe vengeance nerf. It will bring tank aoe dps down from ridiculousness, for sure. I wonder how well paladins will be able to hold aoe threat though, as HoTR and consecrate hardly hit for anything without vengeance. I already find it basically impossible to outthreat my druid cotank on aoe, even though I easily outthreat him single target.

For reference, it looks like they're saying the first mob gives you 100%, the second is 50%, the 3rd is 33%, etc. Instead of 100% 100% 100%. So with 3 you'd have 183% instead of 300%, which is a pretty big nerf. They clearly don't want us to tank large number of packs solo anymore.

Deleted
    Important to note that this presumes all mobs is doing the same amount of damage. Pulling mobs that doesnt really deal high damage for additional GC procs is still extremely effective.

This seems to have the biggest impact on places where you have 2 bosses, like megaera heads, will of the emperor etc to give a solo tank less vengeance, or for fights where you have extremely hard hitting adds like DA and Twins HC to not encourage you to keep mobs alive to give you more vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    has anyone noticed yet, that the protection Tier helm from T16 has Parry/Haste ?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99128
    Sweet. I also didn't notice that the 2-set (aka former 4-set) had been changed. Maybe it will be worth getting 4 tier pieces next patch?
    Last edited by Bepples; 2013-08-06 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    I'm mostly annoyed about how this will slow down 5mans (challenge modes) and solo questing.

Buff HotR now, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Buff HotR now, please.
    Crusader strike as well while you're at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Crusader strike as well while you're at it.
    While we are daydreaming, make consecration tick speed scale with haste.

Deleted
    On the topic of consecration, would be nice if it didn't require a path when glyphed. Death and decay gets away with it but we're stopped by small inclines and rocks =(

Deleted
    If anything on these patch notes even remotely looks like a Prot buff the forums would explode .

They even removed the "grants a charge of Holy Power" from the Selfless Healer just so people wouldn't think it's a buff of some kind!