Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    I had the proc from the tanking cloak proc multiple times last night after 'swapping' to it. Saved me a few times as well. Feels worth it to use for me. But then again I'm over the GCD cap with it (using haste elixir) just need 1-2 upgrades and I won't even need elixir.
    Yeah, I'd have died about 4-5 times without it last night (25N 8/14 now). Probably saved us 2-3 wipes on Dark Shamans (and I'd never have heard the end of it if I had been using the dps cloak).

Outside of Thok I haven't really seen any need for the tank cloak so far in 10N.

Raided for about 2 hours tonight and cleared the first 5, seems like a complete joke tuning wise, 1 shot first 4 bosses easily (though my raid is like 545 ilvl, still seemed like it was tuned VERY low). Extremely glad I had DPS meta and cloak on, don't think the tank one would have saved me at all. Looking forward to the rest of the raid and hoping to find some uses for the tank cloak, some hard hitting bosses. It's 10N so I doubt it till Garrosh at least, but we'll see.

Extremely glad I had DPS meta and cloak on, don't think the tank one would have saved me at all.
    If you didn't die during any of the attempts then no, it wouldn't have saved you. If you did die during the attempts, then it would have done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Agi tanks just gain so much more from the dps cloak than we do /:
    Thanks for your responses so far. And yeah the proc does more dmg for agi-tanks.
    Me and my co-tank both equipped the tank-meta and the dps-cloak. Nonetheless, even without the cloak my co-tank would have done more dps on mobgroups. Really hope for a buff to hammer of the righteousness and consecration. That wouldn't buff our singletarget-dps too much, so it's ok imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just wiped on wave 54 because I STOOD IN A SHOCKWAVE, anyway, getting 70+ seems easily doable, the only hard part about it is not failing for 70 minutes, or having mobs evade...
    I managed wave 34 as my best and it took a lot longer than 4 attempts, hehehe. I found that gearing stam/7.5 hit/avoidance was very beneficial given the large number of adds. The only times I felt in danger was when i had multiple mobs and avengers shield ended up doing 40+% of my dmg. How did you decide to gear for it?

What level are the mobs in Proving Grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    I managed wave 34 as my best and it took a lot longer than 4 attempts, hehehe. I found that gearing stam/7.5 hit/avoidance was very beneficial given the large number of adds. The only times I felt in danger was when i had multiple mobs and avengers shield ended up doing 40+% of my dmg. How did you decide to gear for it?
    You do realize that haste has a bigger impact on GC usage than avoidance with a large number of adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    You do realize that haste has a bigger impact on GC usage than avoidance with a large number of adds?
    Because of the GCD?

Deleted
    I decided that my health was not really an issue, it was not like I was getting oneshotted. Most of the times you died by being overwhelmed in a 10-15 second period unless you stood in a stun or something like that.

I did not change my gearing at all, even used the inactive legendary meta gem, intellect shield etc, just didnt bother changing gear for this.
    If I would have changed gear, I would have tried to get as much haste and mastery as possible to increase the EF heals and SotR uptime + damage reduction. As I said, did not feel like health was an issue, but throughput was. So getting more haste and mastery to get more self heal would seem like the reasonable thing to do.
    I do not like avoidance really here since most waves with multiple mobs are really easy. It is wave x9 that I can see avoidance being good. But avoidance is rather lackluster for all the conqueror waves and even for wave x6 that is rather deadly. I would not go for avoidance simply because it is decent on wave 9, when haste and mastery works extremely well overall on the other waves.
    Also considering you use a lot stuns and AE stuns on the big add waves avoidance seems kinda lackluster. I almost think haste gives you more GC procs aswell, since I found myself overcapping GC procs on wave x2 and x9 a lot.

Posted most of my strats in this thread
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-30-and-beyond

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What level are the mobs in Proving Grounds?
    92, 6% hit 6-12 expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Raided for about 2 hours tonight and cleared the first 5, seems like a complete joke tuning wise, 1 shot first 4 bosses easily (though my raid is like 545 ilvl, still seemed like it was tuned VERY low). Extremely glad I had DPS meta and cloak on, don't think the tank one would have saved me at all. Looking forward to the rest of the raid and hoping to find some uses for the tank cloak, some hard hitting bosses. It's 10N so I doubt it till Garrosh at least, but we'll see.
    I like the raid's tuning. One, in 545 gear, you're right, you'll steamroll a lot of the earlier fights, since they're balanced for 520ish (that's what PTR adjusted for at least). Two, it's nice to have a raid where normal mode guilds can actually clear earlier content and not literally farm one boss. ToT was a disaster for a while due to Horridon, and on release was even worse. Megaera had been way overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    The difficulty definitely catches up in the second half of the instance - and Thok actually causes some threat to tank health.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    92, 6% hit 6-12 expertise.
    the large mogu adds are lvl 93 i believe

Deleted
    the large mogu adds are lvl 93 i believe
    Could be, never bothered checking. Those are kinda irrelevant though as that wave is incredibly easy and the fire does 90% of the work. That wave usually dies after 30-40 seconds so.

I am rocking my raid gear with exp and hit cap, I do not really bother with optimizing for PGs.

Deleted
    Anyone else being like 1000000 points over hit cap?

I got real lucky with drops in SoO and got a bunch of haste stuff but lots of hit stuff (plus all the hit crap from ToT) and I'm like on 12% hit even when completely reforging out of it >.>.

Deleted
    I have only 9.39% hit... >_< 600 wasted points.
    But only till I get a new trinket or a chest. Which will only take 4-5 weeks knowing my luck...

New to the forum, been tanking WoW for a while.

Last patch I was haste tank, then made the switch to Mastery tank (personal preference). While seeing that Avoidance was buffed slightly this patch, what is the realistic gap between Avoidance and the other main two builds?

I'd like to give Avoidance a go, and most of the theorycrafting from last patch did support that haste was a winner, but the spread from the best build to the worst build was still incredibly close. Naturally, there isn't much solid theorycrafting for 5.4 yet, but is an Avoidance build just completely, utterly, undeniably horrible in the hands of a competent, experienced tank, or is it still the case that while Haste is top for us, it's not top by a considerable margin?

Main reason for asking, it's really expensive to regem, re-enchant, reforge, multiple times and test it and I don't have that kind of gold.

Actually, think of EF as more like a Hot that heals initially for ~300-400k and ticks for over 200k every ~1.7-1.8 seconds in a raid. Even without Battle Healer I'm out-hpsing my pre-patch healing done. I basically get a 200k heal after every boss swing. I don't think I'm actually killable with a single target boss without a special attack with EF.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostcrest View Post
    New to the forum, been tanking WoW for a while.

Last patch I was haste tank, then made the switch to Mastery tank (personal preference). While seeing that Avoidance was buffed slightly this patch, what is the realistic gap between Avoidance and the other main two builds?

I'd like to give Avoidance a go, and most of the theorycrafting from last patch did support that haste was a winner, but the spread from the best build to the worst build was still incredibly close. Naturally, there isn't much solid theorycrafting for 5.4 yet, but is an Avoidance build just completely, utterly, undeniably horrible in the hands of a competent, experienced tank, or is it still the case that while Haste is top for us, it's not top by a considerable margin?

Main reason for asking, it's really expensive to regem, re-enchant, reforge, multiple times and test it and I don't have that kind of gold.
    Haste has been the top build for us (by leaps and bounds) for a while now. My understanding was that none of the other specs even came close to the output of haste (especially not avoidance).

Nearly all the 5.4 theorycrafting has shown that not much has changed (haste is still king) and the main focus has primarily been centered around EF vs SS and what to do once we hit haste cap.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-09-13 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Haste has been the top build for us (by leaps and bounds) for a while now. My understanding was that none of the other specs even came close to the output of haste (especially not avoidance).

Nearly all the 5.4 theorycrafting has shown that not much has changed (haste is still king) and the main focus has primarily been centered around EF vs SS and what to do once we hit haste cap.
    I'm pretty removed from the community, but my main sources that I look towards are Theck and Elitist Jerks, I'm not quite sure what the general consensus is about them, but both of those seemed to think there's validity to Control/Avoidance. I've seen mainly that the hierarchy is Hit/Exp/Haste, then after a little distance, Hit/Exp/Mastery, then a tiny bit back from Mastery is Hit/Exp/Avoidance, then there's a giant gap to Pure Haste, then Pure Avoidance, then AVD/M or M/ADV.

It seems that the gap from C/Haste to C/Avoidance is a lot smaller than say, the gap from C/Avd to Pure Avoidance.

I completely understand that haste is on top, but is Avoidance itself (not thinking that Haste is BETTER, just considering Control/Avoidance in and of itself) still a workable gearing strategy, despite it not being the best gearing strategy.