All depends on strat and your dps. Fights like Sha of Pride I solo all the adds everyone focuses on boss i use them for procs on boss for more holy power seeing as I solo heal myself on most fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I would somewhat respectfully disagree. While I stand behind dps cloaks on some of the fights, i can come up with a few fights where using tank one would allow me to have higher dps, just from cheezing mechanics (and being more sure that i won't die from those mechanics)
    The hit the cloak absorbs doesn't give veng so you would need something to get enough veng to equal the amount of dmg the cloak brings even on single target.
    Not sure what mechanics are even gonna kill you that you could have prevented yourself. My alt prot pally is 8/14h(10 man obviously if i was a 25 tank id probably use tank cloak unless it was a aoe cleave fight) the cloak has 0 use on those bosses if you die you failed at using cds or mitigation at the right time. Maybe the later bosses it might but T15 4 set + DP is redic uptime on shield on heroics because of the dmg intake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    The hit the cloak absorbs doesn't give veng so you would need something to get enough veng to equal the amount of dmg the cloak brings even on single target.
    Not sure what mechanics are even gonna kill you that you could have prevented yourself. My alt prot pally is 8/14h(10 man obviously if i was a 25 tank id probably use tank cloak unless it was a aoe cleave fight) the cloak has 0 use on those bosses if you die you failed at using cds or mitigation at the right time. Maybe the later bosses it might but T15 4 set + DP is redic uptime on shield on heroics because of the dmg intake.
    Thok and Siegecrafter HC are high contenders for the tank cloak, Malkorok HC aswell. It can be a nice failsafe on Nazgrim, really not needed but can cover fails. On Dark Shams it can be nice to have. Allows for easy solo tanking on immerseus aswell.

Other than that, I agree, dps cloak is too good not to have in bags. Imo you need to have both cloaks. Using 1 cloak for all fights is just stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    the only thing is .. I currently use the tank cloak, so I have reforged for having the tank cloak.
    now if I'm using the DPS one, I lack that 1k expertise, making me drop from 14.95 or so to 11,something% expertise.

kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    the only thing is .. I currently use the tank cloak, so I have reforged for having the tank cloak.
    now if I'm using the DPS one, I lack that 1k expertise, making me drop from 14.95 or so to 11,something% expertise.

kinda sucks.
    What I do is reforge into exp on the dps cloak, out of it on the tank cloak, and reforge around either value on everything else. There'll be a small discrepancy (~200) between the two, but not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

kinda sucks.
    I throw on an expertise elixir, pretty much solves it for me. I can't stand being parried, no matter how few times it happens it just annoys the fuck out of me, so it's more for my sanity than anything else. So on Galk and fights where I get cleave potential outta the cloak I toss on exp elixir and I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Thok and Siegecrafter HC are high contenders for the tank cloak, Malkorok HC aswell. It can be a nice failsafe on Nazgrim, really not needed but can cover fails. On Dark Shams it can be nice to have. Allows for easy solo tanking on immerseus aswell.

Other than that, I agree, dps cloak is too good not to have in bags. Imo you need to have both cloaks. Using 1 cloak for all fights is just stupid.
    True I can see it on Thok and for sure Siege for stacking the buff to kill adds faster. Malkorok I actually might use it since I am gonna solo blood rage most likely.

True I can see it on Thok and for sure Siege for stacking the buff to kill adds faster. Malkorok I actually might use it since I am gonna solo blood rage most likely.
    On siegecrafter it allows to push debuff to 5 or 6 stacks and just dps right by him --> higher dps
    On thok possibly if solo tanking just to make sure you don't get 1 shotted if you got enough debuff stacks

And on a number of fights it's more of a "possibly save a brez", when i'm doing flex i can somewhat comfortably solotank iron juggernaut and galak while he's on his land phase and since their damage isn't that extreme in there i generally stick to dps cloak, but if i wanted to try that on N/H i'd probably switch to tank cloak.
    (For example on iron jugger it's not that hard to heal through debuff, but i'm not sure that i'd have enough cd's for every single flame vent to guarantee that i don't die)

kinda sucks.
    Or you could like... just reforge for the fights where you actually need to swap the cloak?
    There really is no excuse not to since the entrance is next to pandatown and most raids probably have the reforge mount anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how in the world are people managing to have issues with exp. I'm reforging almost all my expertise away in tank gear and still end up 0.2% above cap. SoO gear has way too much of this stat.

As for the cloak, I use it on Garrosh personally, since I solo tank p3 while our monk kites adds, and it's a nice failsafe there.

P.S. I bonus rolled pet on Siegecrafter yesterday. That was fucking ridiculous, I wanted a weapon but got a silly pet. Good thing is, I'm a pet collector.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-10-07 at 07:51 AM.

Hello,
    Just returned to game after a break. Can someone explain how the prot paly in the Method Garrosh vid is doing so much dps? Also why is he using the ToT 4 piece (is it better than the SoO 4 piece)?

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Hello,
    Just returned to game after a break. Can someone explain how the prot paly in the Method Garrosh vid is doing so much dps? Also why is he using the ToT 4 piece (is it better than the SoO 4 piece)?
    Garrosh (especially on heroic) hits like a truck so he probably has a ton of vengeance. The ToT 4P is great for generating massive amounts of holy power although I'm a bit surprised he isn't using the T16 pieces. I guess it's a HP generation loss, but I would imagine the stat boosts make up for it.

Btw Firefly, idk if you remember our convo from a few weeks ago, but I solo-tanked Iron Jugg on Flex and it was pretty fun. 360k vengeance! It's definitely possible on normal, but you'll need some next level healers.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Garrosh (especially on heroic) hits like a truck so he probably has a ton of vengeance. The ToT 4P is great for generating massive amounts of holy power although I'm a bit surprised he isn't using the T16 pieces. I guess it's a HP generation loss, but I would imagine the stat boosts make up for it.

Btw Firefly, idk if you remember our convo from a few weeks ago, but I solo-tanked Iron Jugg on Flex and it was pretty fun. 360k vengeance! It's definitely possible on normal, but you'll need some next level healers.
    One of the fun things to do is solo tanking galakras in lfr. Generally the dps in lfrs is purty fail so you can get debuff stacked up for some fun veng numbers (i think i remember getting >450k veng)

One of the fun things to do is solo tanking galakras in lfr. Generally the dps in lfrs is purty fail so you can get debuff stacked up for some fun veng numbers (i think i remember getting >450k veng)
    I solo tank him on normal. It's not too bad. I pop DP at around 4 stacks and then use GoAK and AD as needed. DP usually comes back on CD by the time I need it and I always have externals from our healers. I'm not sure what my Vengeance looks like on that fight, but by the time he's dead, i'm taking like 400k ticks, haha.

Last week our raid died at about 5 or 8% and I was able to bring him down the rest of the way. Felt nice.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post

I would almost guarantee it's because the tier was better used elsewhere on DPS than it was on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I would almost guarantee it's because the tier was better used elsewhere on DPS than it was on him.
    Ah that's true. For some reason I'm assuming all priests, locks, and pallys had their 4P, haha.

I was just listening to a podcast (Set to Heroic) and they had Trekkie on. They actually asked about his low IL and apparently it was because they decided to gear up their DPS first (since meeting enrage is probably the biggest issue for WF guilds). On another note, I have the same IL as Method's MT! Off to heroic Garrosh I go~~~~
    Last edited by pld; 2013-10-08 at 04:10 AM.

Solo tank him on heroic like I did this week...that was fun so much vengance

Solo tank him on heroic like I did this week...that was fun so much vengance
    The thing is that given a proper amount of time i have a feeling that the lfr still does more damage just because you're in that phase for a lot longer. If i remember correctly it was ticking for over 700k on me

The thing is that given a proper amount of time i have a feeling that the lfr still does more damage just because you're in that phase for a lot longer. If i remember correctly it was ticking for over 700k on me

Well then...yea thats a lot more lol I only hit like 12 stacks and our boss died....or was it like 15 idk but it was pretty fast

Well then...yea thats a lot more lol I only hit like 12 stacks and our boss died....or was it like 15 idk but it was pretty fast
    Looking at dmg taken i took 28 stacks and his pulsing + fire debuff (which i think also affects breath) stacked up to 48. xD

Deleted
    Looking at dmg taken i took 28 stacks and his pulsing + fire debuff (which i think also affects breath) stacked up to 48. xD
    I was in a flex raid where everyone died. I had to solo the last 20% of galakras, he ended up at 99 stacks (capped) and I had vengeance cap. Was quite fun.