Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...99.0.0.0.131.2

Sorry but there's just no way the BoA shield is better.
    747 armor >> tiny weeny bit of haste and the other stats are more than enough to compensate for the loss in mastery.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...24:76699:76699
    fixed it for you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    300 haste in itself isn't a lot. but 300 haste more than another item at 560+ is quite a lot actually. If I had not gotten the leggs I currently use I would've been 300 below gcd cap using my current setup. I'd certainly consider it. Doesn't mean I might change on certain fights but in the end that's what I would go with.
    In previous posts we were discussing heroic pieces, in which case the malkork shield wins haste,stam,armor for a bit of mastery, while nazzy's shield wins stam,armor,expertise,mastery for some haste.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Meh too complicated with that int shield mixed in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    So now that I have my 2 pc, I'm trying to figure out the best way to use it/DP for each fight. Any thoughts? 10N, if that makes any difference.
    Completely forget that I was planning to reply to this

I found that there is a few ways to use the DP decently depending on the fight.

1. Use it before applying EF (without 4p) to reduce the opportunity cost of EF. I do this on a lot of fights nowadays, especially in the pull
    5x SotR -> Wait for SotR buff to go out -> DP -> Build up enough HoPo for EF, use EF at 5 HoPo or when you lost health -> Continue on.
    That way you get a nice protection during the time you are vurnable aswell as get maximum HoT from the 2p.

2. Use it before you know you are gonna take massive damage. Could be using the 40% magic one before you take physical damage, just to get a high HoT

3. Use it as a filler between your other CDs. Pretty much same reason as 1)

4. Use it as you did before
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-10-23 at 02:36 PM.

2. Use it before you know you are gonna take massive damage. Could be using the 40% magic one before you take physical damage, just to get a high HoT
    Can also be done with the T15_4p, to get a lot of Holy Power.

Thanks FF. 4 is out of the question because my DP usage is sparing at best (pretty much only use it when a magic attack is coming, unglyphed). I want to try to use it on CD (while actively tanking), with the exception of making sure I have it up when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    my DP usage is sparing at best (pretty much only use it when a magic attack is coming, unglyphed)
    Same as mine then

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that you can reset your cloak internal cooldown / debuff with Bubble / BoP?

If your tank cloak proccs and you bubble afterwards - your debuff will be removed and your cloak can procc again

Works with Bubble and BoP
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

This may have been answered already but I'm not seeing it in my forum search. Is it possible for a prot paladin to solo 25H malkorok blood rage? We're about to start it Monday but don't have a monk tank unfortunately (pally/warrior). Both tanks have decent ilvl and either heroic or normal rook's trinket; externals would probably include 2 pain suppressions and barriers, hands of sacrifice from 3 paladins, 1 ironbark, and possibly a vigilance.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Did you know that you can reset your cloak internal cooldown / debuff with Bubble / BoP?

If your tank cloak proccs and you bubble afterwards - your debuff will be removed and your cloak can procc again

Hmm didn't know it also works with HoP - well at least that makes this part of the malkorok trinket somewhat useful :P

Deleted

Yeah, I was actually about to write about that. Thought all the valiant tank cloak defenders would have mentioned it by now.
    I noticed it on Paragons HC, at first I thought it was a one-time bug, but it wasnt. So now I sometimes BoP the cloak debuff of the co-tank.
    Guess I just didnt notice it as I have not used tank cloak that much, or rather it almost never procced until later heroics.

Talking about BoP/Bubble and debuffs, kinda funny how many things you can bubble away this tier even though so many people claimed on PTR "You cant bubble away anything!" and how many bosses are solo tankable even though we were strictly told here on the forums on PTR "Nothing is solo tankable!"

I hadn't noticed it until now. But I will be using this until B catches on and nerfs it.

What can we bubble this tier? Genuinely curious as I haven't tried to do it much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    What can we bubble this tier? Genuinely curious as I haven't tried to do it much.
    The most major thing we can actually bubble off is the debuffs you got from the paragons at paragons of the klaxxi, allows for easy solo tanking. It is also extremely helpful to bubble off the Xaril stacks as then you have 2 tanks without that debuff for P2, so in case the windreaver tanks dies, the other tank can pick it up and recover the try.

Other than that, I know that there are several dots and shit you can bubble off. I dont remember all of them first hand, you can for example bubble all the Thok stacks in the phases, again useful for solo tanking or just reducing damage. You can bubble off the superheated stacks on Siegecrafter. I was told you can bubble of the stacking damage increase on Malkorok, I have not tried this myself and I am a bit skeptic on that, so read that as a rumor, nothing more. I think you can bubble of the stacks on Galakras P2, but not sure never bothered.

You can bubble off the stuns on several bosses that got stuns, such as protectors, paragons, spoils etc.

You can also bubbe to prevent damage and reset cloak. Say you are solo tanking immerseus. You could theoretically use

First breath - DP
    Second breath - Cloak
    Third breath - Taunt + Bubble (You take 0 damage from the breath and you reset your cloak)
    Fourth breath - Cloak + DP

Now of course, no group will take that many breaths, but the same tactic can be appied to several other bosses. You can bubble taunt the archer boss on Galakras tower, a breath on iron jugg, a frost strike on shamans, decap on nazgrim HC, bloodrage on malkorok (for the duration of the taunt), breaths on Thok (also resets the stacks), Electromagnetic Smash on siegecrafter (still gives you stack, just take 0 damage). Bubble is great for resetting cloak on siegecrafter btw.
    On Paragons you can bubble (I use BoP to save bubble for later cloak reset) on Skeer the Bloodseekers Bloodletting. Doing so will completely negate any bloods from spawning. This is extremely useful on that fight. For Garrosh I am not sure if you can bubble of the stacks you get in P2 and P3, but I am rather sure you can, but honestly dont remember.

For siegecrafter we used a tank swap order where my co-tank takes 3 stacks, I take 2, He take 1(so he gets 4 stacks), I take 3 (so I get 5 stacks).
    My CD rotation when I did not have CD reduc trink was

Stack 1 - Nothing, EF after the overload 2 seconds after the stack
    Stack 2 - DP
    Stack 3 - DP (as the other tank took a stack in between, DP is back), EF
    Stack 4 - Goak + Stoneform
    Stack 5 - DP+AD+EF
    --- round 2---
    Stack 1 - Nothing, EF after the overload 2 seconds after the stack
    Stack 2 - DP
    Stack 3 - DP (as the other tank took a stack in between, DP is back), EF
    Stack 4 - Bubble
    Stack 5 - GoAK+DP+Stoneform+EF
    This was because you dont get your 3 minutes back from the first round to the second.
    Now I got the CDR trinket so dont need to do that anymore, use bubble to reset my cloak if it procs for whatever reason or to walk over fire now.

Overall, there are a shitton of uses for bubble and I probably forgot a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Talking about BoP/Bubble and debuffs, kinda funny how many things you can bubble away this tier even though so many people claimed on PTR "You cant bubble away anything!" and how many bosses are solo tankable even though we were strictly told here on the forums on PTR "Nothing is solo tankable!"
    Oh yeah I remember that post it was like "debuffs too stronk - totally not doable - firefly is an idiot".

But on the topic of cloak debuff removal - it's really helpful on stuff like Shamans where that proc is very likely to save your arse once or twice per fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Oh yeah I remember that post it was like "debuffs too stronk - totally not doable - firefly is an idiot".

But on the topic of cloak debuff removal - it's really helpful on stuff like Shamans where that proc is very likely to save your arse once or twice per fight.
    I actually noticed it on Juggernaut where it procced while I had the boss (healers were running, people were fucking up, tank heal was non existent). I then switched and started doing the mines and used bubble for the first two. To reach the 3rd I had to run through some shit as time was running out so I was at like 60% health when i clicked it. The remaining fire stack procced my cloak again mid-air. Thats when I noticed you can bubble the debuff and have it procc again.

Tested it further on Nazgrim where we removed my co-tanks debuff with BoP. Since that point, I just bubble off the cloak debuff immediately when it proccs (and I don't need bubble for anything else).

---

About the solo tanking:

Yes, of course you can solo tank alot of stuff if you outgear the encounter. Or you can solo tank stuff for parts of an encounter.
    But that's not really solo tanking shit. At least not per my definiton of starting and finishing a fight with one tank during progress.

And to be fair, there still aren't many real solo tank fights where you would actually get an advantage during progression by using one tank.

Only fights I can think of are Immerseus HC (tbh, fuck that fight) and Thok HC. Every other fight I wouldn't even seriously consider starting the fight with only one tank (not counting nhc stuff). (Yes Galakras Towers can be offtanked, still wouldn't do it).

So yes, I stand by my comment that SoO Content is not really solo-tankable.

---

@ FF: I was told you can bubble of the stacking damage increase on Malkorok, I have not tried this myself and I am a bit skeptic on that, so read that as a rumor, nothing more. I think you can bubble of the stacks on Galakras P2, but not sure never bothered.

--> No you can't bubble Malkoroks Stacks (learned it the hard way) but you can Bubble Galakras stacks in P2.

But yeah, Bubble has still lots of uses in this Tier. They basically just removed things you could cheat to solo-tank stuff (like Malkorok Debuff).
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-10-25 at 09:30 AM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Don't even need to bubble Galakras p2 stacks anymore with Malkorok trinket + 4p.

There wasn't really much of a point in solo tanking on most of the throne fights either and the risk often outweighed the gains.
    Only Qon and Durumu were real solo tank fights.
    Horridon, Tortos, Ji-Kun, Twins, Lei Shen, Animus were mostly borderline solo-tankable with a high risk and only really doable when outgearing the content.
    And well Council was pretty much drood only.

If you include borderline fights (especially on normal) you get quite a few "solo-tank" fights in SoO:
    Norushen (heck if you have a druid with heart of the wild you might even be able to do the trial), IJ (okay that only really works on normal), Malkorok, Siegecrafter, Paragons (if you get the debuff users and korven down fast enough that shouldn't be an issue), Garrosh are all likely solo tankable.
    As for why you'd solo tank them? In my alt raid I've got that dk who barely manages to break 100k in his tank spec (can't kill shit on siegecrafter) - but somehow gets close to 200k in dps spec so ehhh.

Deleted
    But yeah, Bubble has still lots of uses in this Tier. They basically just removed things you could cheat to solo-tank stuff (like Malkorok Debuff).
    You can bubble all Thok debuffs + Paragon debuffs. Bubble also makes other bosses solo tankable even though you cant reset debuff.

Yes, it is true that there are not that many bosses that can be solo tanked in heroic at relevant gear levels.
    Immerseus, Protectors and Thok are about it.

But for normals however you can solo tank most bosses at relevant gear levels.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-10-25 at 12:40 PM.

Now of course, no group will take that many breaths
    So, FF, last week we decided to let our DK tank solo tank Immersius, mostly for S&G. He didn't get 4 breaths in the same phase, but due to timing, he ended up with 4 stacks after a few phases, and boy did it hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Not sure what other's experience is but my co-tank, a warrior, is beating me in DPS now. If there are adds, I'm one thunderclap away from not tanking anything. I feel like I'm struggling to fight warrior bleeds for threat (slight exaggeration). Even Raidbots is showing paladins at the bottom now. Is this payback after dominating for an entire expansion?
    no, I'm sorry, it's because I just rolled a prot pally, sorry. Sorry Everyone, my bad...
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Deleted
    So, FF, last week we decided to let our DK tank solo tank Immersius, mostly for S&G. He didn't get 4 breaths in the same phase, but due to timing, he ended up with 4 stacks after a few phases, and boy did it hurt.
    Yeah, that is actually possible to happen. I had that happen to me (though I got 2+1 breath because half the raid died), but I just bubbled to third breath, luxury of being a paladin. I guess I could have survived it without bubble though.

But from my experience, most of the times your stacks fall off. Now our groups dps is so high we get only 1 breath in every phase unless people die, but even during progression we only had 1 breath on the second submerge.

Honestly find it funny that we still wipe on Immerseus sometimes, people just dont take that boss seriously and go and die like a bunch of bananas.