Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    is there a quick'n'dirty calculation what the exact haste cap becomes once you have thok's trinket? depending on itemlvl, obviously?
    fix'd numbers below on next post
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2013-11-05 at 02:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    H WF Thoks: 19337
    H Thoks: 19440
    N WF Thoks: 19555
    N Thoks: 19647
    Flex Thoks: 19830
    LFR Thoks: 19981
    I'm assuming those numbers are 2/2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    I'm assuming those numbers are 2/2 ?
    Yes i didn't mention it but all those are 2/2 upgraded also i updated the real numbers i messed up a little the first time by a few hundred haste.

If you use Haste Elixir and food these are the ratings you need before using them with X trinket.
    If you don't use haste food add 200 more haste before trinket.

H WF Thoks: 19496---Haste Elixir+Food(18546) - without food(18746)
    H Thoks: 19584---Haste Elixir+Food(18634) - without food(18834)
    N WF Thoks: 19680---Haste Elixir+Food(18730) - without food(18930)
    N Thoks: 19760---Haste Elixir+Food(18810) - without food(19010)
    Flex Thoks: 19920---Haste Elixir+Food(18970) - without food(19170)
    LFR Thoks: 20051---Haste Elixir+Food(19191) - without food(19391)
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2013-11-05 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Looking at logs from last night, i got blocked 3 times. Farseer Wolf Rider blocked me one time, and Embodied Doubt twice.

Very weird. I never even noticed the embodied doubt blocking me, but I dont use rebuke to interrupt there anyway. Or only as backup but never needed really.
    I'm willing to bet that if you query your log for the fight where the wolfrider blocked your Rebuke, you'll find one of two scenarios. Either someone interrupted him a fraction of a second before you, or the cast went off and a fraction of a second later your Rebuke went off. To you, it might look like you pressed Rebuke during the cast, but we know latency can screw us over at times.

Interrupts are only 100% hit if something is actually being casted. Otherwise they're just a melee attack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    I'm willing to bet that if you query your log for the fight where the wolfrider blocked your Rebuke, you'll find one of two scenarios. Either someone interrupted him a fraction of a second before you, or the cast went off and a fraction of a second later your Rebuke went off. To you, it might look like you pressed Rebuke during the cast, but we know latency can screw us over at times.

Interrupts are only 100% hit if something is actually being casted. Otherwise they're just a melee attack.
    The logs would not say Blocked if someone else interrupted it, would it? Not sure how that works, but now for sure that a cast got off from Wolfrider on Garrosh HC that wiped us. My raid leader first got pissed, but then we checked logs since I said I was sure I interrupted it, and sure enough, I interrupted in time and it said "Rebuke BLOCKED". Yesterday the same thing happened but I was fast enough to interrupt with Avenger Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    or the cast went off and a fraction of a second later your Rebuke went off. To you, it might look like you pressed Rebuke during the cast, but we know latency can screw us over at times.

pretty sure this is why your kick was blocked.

Well if you go by:
    Mob casts -> can't block
    Mob is interrupted -> can block again
    You try to interrupt -> Mob blocks you

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The logs would not say Blocked if someone else interrupted it, would it? Not sure how that works, but now for sure that a cast got off from Wolfrider on Garrosh HC that wiped us. My raid leader first got pissed, but then we checked logs since I said I was sure I interrupted it, and sure enough, I interrupted in time and it said "Rebuke BLOCKED". Yesterday the same thing happened but I was fast enough to interrupt with Avenger Shield.
    Are you sure you managed to get it off in time? As far as I can see, your only blocks this week were the following:

[23:18:43.181] Farseer Wolf Rider begins to cast Ancestral Chain Heal
    [23:18:45.251] Farseer Wolf Rider casts Ancestral Chain Heal on Farseer Wolf Rider
    [23:18:45.671] ... Rebuke Farseer Wolf Rider Block

[20:04:17.974] Farseer Wolf Rider begins to cast Ancestral Chain Heal
    [20:04:18.217] ... Avenger's Shield interrupts Farseer Wolf Rider's Ancestral Chain Heal
    [20:04:18.615] ... Rebuke Farseer Wolf Rider Block

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahenar View Post
    Are you sure you managed to get it off in time? As far as I can see, your only blocks this week were the following:

[23:18:43.181] Farseer Wolf Rider begins to cast Ancestral Chain Heal
    [23:18:45.251] Farseer Wolf Rider casts Ancestral Chain Heal on Farseer Wolf Rider
    [23:18:45.671] ... Rebuke Farseer Wolf Rider Block

[20:04:17.974] Farseer Wolf Rider begins to cast Ancestral Chain Heal
    [20:04:18.217] ... Avenger's Shield interrupts Farseer Wolf Rider's Ancestral Chain Heal
    [20:04:18.615] ... Rebuke Farseer Wolf Rider Block
    Yeah, I noticed that myself. Had some really weird MS lags this weeks, that probably explains it. I remember both times clearly, the first time I interrupted halfway through the cast. The second time I used avenger shield waaaaaay after rebuke. But was something really wrong with my internet this week. So it was probably false alarm due to MS messing up for me.

Anyways, garrosh died so who cares. But felt like we could have killed it atleast a week sooner. Took 260 wipes.
    I really hate the garrosh fight, very boring and just a stupid gear check.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed some weird behaviour of Taunt. I noticed it on General Nazgrim and on Garrosh.

I taunt the Boss - I have CD on Taunt - Boss is still attacking the other Tank (Its not like overaggro or stuff, there just isnt a target switch happening). I only had it happen on Nazgrim and Garrosh and only when taunting the Boss. Or well, might be that I didn't notice it on other bosses. But on those 2 Bosses you notice it right away when your OT gets like 4-5 Stacks of the Debuff or 4 Stacks of Sunder Armor.

No Idea why that is. I'm hit and expertise capped (hardcapped) - even though Taunts can't miss anymore.

Anybody got any Ideas?

PS: Yes I swear I did not taunt another mob by accident and yes, I really had cooldown on it :-)
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    I noticed some weird behaviour of Taunt. I noticed it on General Nazgrim and on Garrosh.

I taunt the Boss - I have CD on Taunt - Boss is still attacking the other Tank (Its not like overaggro or stuff, there just isnt a target switch happening). I only had it happen on Nazgrim and Garrosh and only when taunting the Boss. Or well, might be that I didn't notice it on other bosses. But on those 2 Bosses you notice it right away when your OT gets like 4-5 Stacks of the Debuff or 4 Stacks of Sunder Armor.

No Idea why that is. I'm hit and expertise capped (hardcapped) - even though Taunts can't miss anymore.

Anybody got any Ideas?

PS: Yes I swear I did not taunt another mob by accident and yes, I really had cooldown on it :-)
    Are you taunting to fast so you DR on the taunt? If you taunt to frequently on any boss, it will become taunt immune due to diminishing returns. We have the boss going taunt immune several times on Garrosh. When it happened we just called it out to the other tank so he was aware that he would get a lot of stacks. But still should not happen on Nazgrim I feel like, or maybe if you taunt really fast every time. We always slacked a bit with taunts there. For garrosh we just started taunting slower. I let my warrior take 5-7 stacks most of the times instead as when he taunts, my vengeance does not fall off until he got 6 stacks, he might aswell keep it to 6 stacks +- so he get more damage.

We also had it go taunt immune before the first Bombardment in P4 which was kinda annoying since the boss was on me and I was on malice soaking duty. but we just changed around our timings and it was fine.

A Hand of Salvation could let you "taunt" for 10 seconds as long as you have also been hitting the boss. If you have been on the adds while the other tank is on the boss on nazgrim it is possible that he will overaggro your hand of salvation so it wont work, but if you also hit on the boss when he tanks he should be within hand of salvation range on the threat tables. BoPing him could be a second option to force the boss to attack you but your other tank probably wont like it.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-06 at 12:45 PM.

Garrosh will get taunt immune if you taunt at 3 stacks and for the WW.
    Nazgrim idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might have been a weird coincidence on nazgrim - garrosh it explains it, we usually taunt on 3
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

15+ Year Old Account
    had this taunt issue at garrosh also quite often last week already.

It's happening rarely to me and my co-tank as well, for weeks now. But it being so rare, I don't remember where it happened, although I've a feeling it wasn't Garrosh or Nazgrim. It's perhaps once every two raidnights, so we don't make a big deal out of it.

It is annoying that you can't even count on taunt every time. World of RNGcraft indeed.

On the sidenot, Garrosh normal is quite solotankable with 565+ gear, I did it as prot pally two weeks ago, my DK co-tank did it on Tuesday. No ultra benefits however, the biggest is probably being able to fit another person in for the loot.

Re: taunt immunity/taunt issues, the only time I've "recently" (ie, this expansion) had taunt issues was on Lei Shen, when trying to taunt for a decap (offtank had somehow worked taunts into his rotation...so glad we swapped offtanks for this tier)...but then, in the current tier I'm only up to (working on) Thok. But I've never had taunt issues on Nazgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Hello guys!
    Finally got my first heroic item today, sadly not the most attractive one... Picked up the heroic dodge/parry bracers from immerseus, and i currently have the normal hit/haste one from immerseus (sorry cant post links).
    I just need someone to confirm for me that the haste/hit one is the best. I was wondering if the mass amount of dodge/parry somehow outweights the haste/hit, which i doubt. Tried to compare on maxdps .com, but i don't really trust the result. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc7a31f897db; 2013-11-07 at 09:48 PM.

If you can use the hit on the hit/haste bracers then yes - otherwise I really don't think they're that good because the haste on them is pretty low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    If you can use the hit on the hit/haste bracers then yes - otherwise I really don't think they're that good because the haste on them is pretty low.
    I just found out i'm a little over hit cap actually, maybe i should use them then!

Is there a point I want stam over haste?

I raid in a 10man guild. We haven't started any heroics yet. My ilevel is 547 and I gem haste. Today on the trash right before siege crafter, I kept dieing to those rogue mobs that shadowstep behind you and apply a debuff. I would get hit by 2 or 3 at a time. A guildie mentioned that my haste wont help me mitigate anything if I can't survive the hits. I sit at 827k fully buffed with stam food and flask. I get to just over 900k thanks to having a resto shaman during fights. Is there a point where I should forget haste and start getting things like stam trinkets or gems? Is there even a point I need to during regulars?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Holoo/simple