Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    Although 100% EF uptime can be see as irrelevant, depending on encounters and tactics (I suppose you're talking about rankings of some kind with this ==> WoG glyph).
    Thank you. Phrased much better than me here!

But also, an 100% uptime on EF, and due to the fact my personal choice on stat prio is haste 21250 rating and then stack on mastery, means more ticks from EF on me, so overall smoother inc damage on me, I don't see it as irrelevant.
    That being said, it's not a right or wrong way to go about it imho.

It's a matter of preference. Cause where I go for mastery after the GCD haste cap, it's the way I like to play my pala on this tier, and that doesn't mean I am right and you are wrong. All valid options apply, and it's up to you to decide what's right for you.

Closing with this, I need to say also one last thing. I really do enjoy what you guys are doing here, cause by brainstorming you get results, so thank you for the chance to participate
    Last edited by Brollgarth; 2014-03-25 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brollgarth View Post
    That being said, I am talking about HC raiding, and ofc 550+ brackets. I am with you 100% on the stupid sacrifice of stats one may experience by using raid finder gear for the 4set and then go tank any HC. And I have tried that too btw, simply not worth it.
    To be honest; how have you been able to play ProtPala this expansion without our 4-piece then?

I've tanked all the content in the game now pretty much; and still I don't use my 4-piece on most fights (not enough gear to offset the balance, damn 10man and no WF dropping, ever).

There's no real fight where you would benefit from 100% EF uptime, and it's most of the time better to get the Haste-cap with low-ish gear than get the 4p which only really counts for the last couple of bosses anyway. And even there it's more about the way you time your cooldowns than it is about if you have 4p or not.

Although, sure, it is a QoL increase to wear it and forget about it. Doesn't make it all important though.

Deleted
    I believe my average EF uptime or 14/14H clear was 30-40% ish or something like that. 100% EF uptime is far from needed on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    %40 ?

I don't have less than %90 on any fight O.o. Well maybe immerseus.
    I think he was talking about overall uptime not just actively tanking uptime

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Deleted
    Thats what I was talking about aswell? :P
    Yeah, obviouly it depended on boss for boss and I was mostly off-tanking since we stacked vengeace on the warrior for higher dps.

Most fights you dont need EF up for extended periods of time which means that a sub 50% uptime is highly likely to happen. If you have 90%+ without 4p you are really using EF too much. Like how could you possible have that on, well basically any fight.

Deleted
    What, well , I am running with 4 PC with glyphed WoG , so obviously I won't have less than 90%-95% uptime on EF.

Edit : Here for example, protectors, I always solo tank the fight, been like that for quite a while now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1036&e=1321

%95 uptime on EF , %48 on glyphed WoG

2nd edit : I am off to bed , uni 2morrow , wont post more , so dont expect me to spam the forums for a good 13 hours from now on
    Well yeah, of course you will have higher uptime with 4p but most of that uptime is wasted, thats why without 4p you will see low uptimes since it is not beneficial to have EF up 100% of the fight.

Tbh, last time i checked, having offpieces with crit (helm,shoulders,chest) and ret legs (plus i think prot gloves) with double amp trinkets, and gemming for crit so that you stay above 50% haste, results in a net higher dps over 4p.

Not near your tier on tanking skills guys, but I see 4pc not really as a MUST. But it is a nice addition.

I play on a F&F guild. Mainly normal modes, but also dabble in some heroics. 5 this tier, for example. Lets say im among the best players in the guild, but just cba finding a guild with better progress since I cant have needed commitment.

That said, I mainly like to keep 4pc because that way I can get away with HF'ing my co-raiders. A fucking lot. Ppl derp quite a lot and I find that without my swift EF's they'd die. With 4pc I can do that and still be able to save that "free 5-stack-EF" to myself, just in case things get hairy. Im aware that if I just forgot about rest of the raid and spent my HoPo in shields would be much better for my survability... but I'm afraid that in that scenario deeps would die much more. Hell, I even spec on HA on Galakras HC to fully EF blanket raid. THAT gave us our first kill.

Dunno, mybe I need to trust my healers a bit more.

No, it really doesn't :P
    Idk, i tested it in simcraft, so no idea how accurate it is.

No way another 8-9% crit is worth less shield slams and like 3x less WoG glyph uptime esp seeing as without 4 set doing some of the higher veng stacking probably wouldnt work out well

Hmm, looking at simcraft, assuming perfect Glyph usage (so always refreshing when you get 3+ stacks) and being 3 ilvls higher, then 4p set pulls ahead with prism, but falls behind with ES (not exactly sure why).
    What i realized that the main source for the drastic difference in dmg that i was seeing in simcraft, was because default priority list only refreshed EF when it was <2 sec or at 5 stacks, so there was a lot less uptime.

Ya and with good rng you can have over 50% uptime on WoG glyph and near 100% uptime on shield(which obviously means a lot of dps due to so many more shields)

I have had a few bosses where i had those uptimes granted they didn't even beat my best ranks just due to rng with crits during pot/wings high veng but ya

Lol I had 54% uptime on WoG Glyph and 96.3% uptime on Shield of Righteous this week on Sha but i was 10k behind my #2 i have looks like I got shit Crit trinket uptime only 3 procs thats pretty bad.

Lol Nazgrim only one I cheesed so far. Galakras this week was insane all the dps wanted to rank so we left healing tides up and got 3 waves and 4 shamans at once... had to lust lol, but I already had #1 on that.

I was gonna be at like 570k+ on Iron Jug this week but my hunter died so we were out a full dps and 5% crit and 10% ap for 70% of the fight

Got bored and actually tried to dps this week, #3 on H blackfuse :<, lost to 2 europeans :<
    (This is totally skill, and not jsut sniping all the dmg from the other tank)

yeah, I don't care about them either. I care about getting through the raid up to Garrosh in one evening. I don't want to be stuck on some fucking farm content because somebody wants to be able to do the fight wrong to get a number on some website.

I agree with all those except your Garrosh. You did like 55k less dps than your rank suggests do to the way you do it over how most do, but ya unless its Prot, Sha of Pride(imo counts if they aren't aoeing adds), Iron Jug, Malk, Thok(if you arent the only person aoeing bats), Paragons(without scorp before you used it to get yours but either way everyone does basically), and Garrosh all count.

Hey guys, i just got the heroic Prismatic Prison of Pride ( Healing AMP trinket ) i remember reading something on here awhile back about Thok's+ healer AMP being our bis combo, is that correct? Here's my armory for ref http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...turos/advanced

It's very strong to say the least, since it has +- same benefit to us as Thok of equal ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    i remember reading something on here awhile back about Thok's+ healer AMP being our bis combo, is that correct?
    BiS? Don't think so, but it's one of the good trinket combos.
    All depends on your haste level, your stam needs and whether or not you want to go pure dps.
    In general I'd use Vial over the weaker stat% trinket, Spark of Zandalar still gives more haste and iirc the paragon trinket gives more dps (don't quote me on that one though)

Thanks for clearing it up, so glad i got it before we go 25 man (lol having to gear up more healers)