Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I use it because the burst damage potential with Wings (cooldown reduced) is insane.
    Provided you use HA+Wings correctly at vengeance peaks (such as during Annihilate soaking), I generally see HA come out anywhere between 50 and 100k DPS ahead of DP on Garrosh - the disparity is much larger on Malkorok, but then on Malkorok everyone and their mother uses HA in the first place.

Yeah, I'm wondering about an alternative though, we've got faster in P1 so my Avenging Wrath only comes off cooldown as the Annhilates end (I got more over-lap when progressing and we weren't skipping the last warbringer spawn in P1). My Vial is already 588, so can't shave a few seconds off the cooldown that way either

Butler I stopped using Wings at the pull for that reason. On the other hand, I wonder if it's better to just hold AW for the end of that intermission phase so you can do it with 850k+ AP and not as you're ramping up; you'll still get another usage as P2 leads into P3. One trick I learned from Firefly is to have my Brewmaster taunt the boss right after we land from intermission so I have 20s of preserved vengeance. Problem is that sometimes (as in, most of the time) I still manage to pull early.

I'm going to run with the H Klaxxi trinket next time and see what kind of difference that makes. I'd imagine pretty big.

Now I feel that Annihilate is overrated in that solo tanking P2+ I still get over 800k AP for a long period of time. What I mean is that it's not like Annihilate is the only high vengeance part of this fight. HA may still be better for damage, I don't know really, but taking it over DP makes me want to kill myself. I honestly don't know how anyone uses that with good haste.
    Last edited by trystero; 2014-08-15 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Butler I stopped using Wings at the pull for that reason. On the other hand, I wonder if it's better to just hold AW for the end of that intermission phase so you can do it with 850k+ AP and not as you're ramping up; you'll still get another usage as P2 leads into P3. One trick I learned from Firefly is to have my Brewmaster taunt the boss right before after we land from intermission so I have 20s of preserved vengeance. Problem is that sometimes (as in, most of the time) I still manage to pull early.

I'm going to run with the H Klaxxi trinket next time and see what kind of difference that makes. I'd imagine pretty big.
    If I used Wings 5 seconds before the pull, it'd be ready a bit earlier in the Annhilate phase. Unfortunately I don't have a second tank to take the boss and preserve my Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Butler I stopped using Wings at the pull for that reason. On the other hand, I wonder if it's better to just hold AW for the end of that intermission phase so you can do it with 850k+ AP and not as you're ramping up; you'll still get another usage as P2 leads into P3. One trick I learned from Firefly is to have my Brewmaster taunt the boss right after we land from intermission so I have 20s of preserved vengeance. Problem is that sometimes (as in, most of the time) I still manage to pull early.

Now I feel that Annihilate is overrated in that solo tanking P2+ I still get over 800k AP for a long period of time. What I mean is that it's not like Annihilate is the only high vengeance part of this fight. HA may still be better for damage, I don't know really, but taking it over DP makes me want to kill myself. I honestly don't know how anyone uses that with good haste.
    Do what I do remove rightues fury as T2 starts that way you will not get aggro, unless your monk tank goes afk
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Do what I do remove rightues fury as T2 starts that way you will not get aggro, unless your monk tank goes afk
    To be honest, I got tired of swapping RF on and off. I am weird that way, I get super weird forced habits. Having 5 different macros for alternating J on different target to abuse double jeopardy glyph is no issue at all. Having a single hotkey to turn RF on and off is just way beyond me, I cant do that for some reason. I think it got so etched into my brain during WotLK and Cata that RF should be on all the time that cancelling it is just beyond me at this moment.

So I noticed this on Garrosh that sometimes I would forget to turn it on and sometimes forget to turn it off. In the end I stopped using RF alltogether and just played the entire fight without RF as I realise there was not need to have it as I was not taking any of the warbringers.

#lazy #noobfly #ocd

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally fuckin worth it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Totally fuckin worth it.
    Did you get b& again? Shame on you! :P Gotta take Offtopic in smaller doses.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Any sick tips for getting Gold challenge mode as prot? Few of my mates have been bothering me to resub again so I can tank the CM's for them before WoD hits, so I suppose I'll have to relearn how to tank again. Has anything of note changed since late last year with regards to tanking? Sorry, I am terribly out of the loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Haste haste and more haste and dps trinkets. You can even go crit 2nd after haste and be fine in CMs. Did it with a mistweaver healer who had no clue how to play the class and we only wiped in 2 of the 9. EF is strong lol.

How does prot paladin fare compare to other tanks in wod beta in terms of survival and dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    How does prot paladin fare compare to other tanks in wod beta in terms of survival and dmg?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion/page21

There is a thread about it.

Hey guys, I'm 583 with most heroic BiS gear. Should I just pool my Mastery into Crit?

Looking at my current gear, I could gain about 2500 Crt while losing 100 Haste and 2500 Mastery. Does it honestly matter this far into expansion and at my item level?

Doesn't matter, just go crit for more damage at that ilvl.

Yeah, when you get to 580+ then nothing will kill you, so might as well get more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I decided to change hordie pally to ally and ally pally to hordie.

Don't ask me why.
    Why?

10 characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    That's £30, that's 1.5 liters of smirnoff vodka here in the UK. Think of the uni students, why didn't you give it to me! How else are we supposed to waste government money if you don't aid us getting drunk.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Smirnoff is shite.

Just saying.

Light, Holy, Justice, Defender.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I'm considered fancy for buying Smirnoff. Most people buy Red Square or the famously wonderful Glens.

I don't want to think about alcohol for a bit though, I was horribly hungover all of yesterday. I drank a lot of beer and 2 bottles of champagne over not a lot of food and proceeded to throw up violently and pass out.

Had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    See, I'm considered fancy for buying Smirnoff. Most people buy Red Square or the famously wonderful Glens.

I don't want to think about alcohol for a bit though, I was horribly hungover all of yesterday. I drank a lot of beer and 2 bottles of champagne over not a lot of food and proceeded to throw up violently and pass out.

Had a great time.
    G&T or Scotch for me. And the good stuff, so you don't neck it.