Thread: water walking

water walking

Unending Breath Affliction: Allows the target to breathe underwater for 10 min. Soulburn: Allows you to walk on water. Demonology, Destruction: Allows the target to breathe underwater for 10 min.

doesnt make a lot of sense, but hell ill take it
    Be feared, or be fuel

why bother getting ure robe wet when u can yust walk over the river

This been on beta for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    couldn't we already ride our felsteeds on water with Glyph of Nightmare?

they are really cheapening water walking

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    This been on beta for a long time.
    first time am hearing about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

yes, but this is also walking on water.

it makes complete sense for shamans, with their connections with the elements and what not, but for warlocks i dont really see it lore wise, maybe the council of six dagger can shed some light on this.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account

Yah you can ride, but you can't do anything while riding like fishing or casting. Does water walking get removed if you take damage like the shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post

it makes complete sense for shamans, with their connections with the elements and what not, but for warlocks i dont really see it lore wise, maybe the council of six dagger can shed some light on this.
    Its been on the tooltip for long, When I leveled to 90 long long time ago I used it especially in Jade forest there are some annoying water quests there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post

Lore Wise i think that a lot of Warlocks used to be Shaman, and warlocks will get power from any source they can, demonic or otherwise, They don't discriminate (Old Gods, Elementals, Demons) as long as it makes them stronger.

But it's a weak excuse.

Lore Wise i think that a lot of Warlocks used to be Shaman, and warlocks will get power from any source they can, demonic or otherwise, They don't discriminate (Old Gods, Elementals, Demons) as long as it makes them stronger.

But it's a weak excuse.
    This is not right. Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. I don't think I've ever seen/heard of them being shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    This is not right. Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. I don't think I've ever seen/heard of them being shaman.
    the first orc warlock ever was the Elder Shaman Ner'zhul (the same guy who became the first Lich King)
    Orc Warlocks were orginally shamans. not mages.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ner'zhul

But you are correct that Azshara, Ilidan, Medhiv and Kael'thas were mages first, and each later became corrupted by contact with demons.

It is unknown what Archimonde and Kil'jaedan used to be (could have been mages, could have been priests).

As for troll Warlocks, there is no reason to assume they were shamans or mages or priests before they became warlocks. To even think of troll casters as four separate classes is just a conceit of the Game mechanics, as Witchdoctors are kind of a mish-mash of everything and Trolls have a natural tendency to worship dark and sinister entities.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-07-27 at 08:58 PM.