Poll: Your opinion of non-live feed of games

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    aye. caused a big stir on twitter last night.
    Not to cause drama, but that's disgusting from NBC, very poor taste to skip that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Not to cause drama, but that's disgusting from NBC, very poor taste to skip that.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...?newsfeed=true

Their coverage already sucks because it's delayed by hours. apparently afternoon soap operas are more important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I doubt your opinion will cause drama since it is the opinion of essentially everyone in the world except for the idiot at NBC who made that decision. Its one thing to tape delay it so you can chop it up and stuff it full of ads, but to cut out the tribute section is just beyond stupid. There is a reason NBC is the last place network in the US and stupid decisions like that are a prime example of the cause. Imagine the outrage Stateside if you guys cut a 9/11 tribute for a Graham Norton interview with David Beckham. It would be deafening. NBC should apologize to you guys.

Having to watch cycling with commentary in order to not watch commercials every two minutes on tv sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you think NBC's coverage would be any less bias towards American athletes then you're mistaken. The NBC broadcast even cut chunks out of their broadcast to show interviews with American athletes while the event was going on. They even cut out a large tribute to terrorism victims for no reason. If national pride bothers you that much then read the coverage from the official website or something. I can't many people watching in Canada or the US or anywhere in the world are bothered by the fact that their home networks focus more attention on their athletes. Anything less just doesn't make sense.
    yeah i suppose everything has a bias nowadays. Can't say im not hoping for less of it, but yeah I guess it's every countries bit to show their athletes, yeah I did see the NBC broadcast, slightly less bias or maybe just simply a little bit more proffesional sounding than the canadian one. I guess my point is if there was an international channel for the olympics Id like that one the best.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    I guess my point is if there was an international channel for the olympics Id like that one the best.
    The amount of money the Olympics and it's organizers make from selling the broadcast rights makes that unlikely. The CTV website does offer the events without commentary though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever heard of timezones?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    The Canadian broadcast is live, but is so extremely Canadian Bias

Why would the Canadian public be interested in events with no Canadians in it?

Lets see.
    London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony took place at 9pm on 27 July.

That makes it happening in the USA at
    New York at 4pm.
    Chicago at 3pm
    Denver at 2pm
    San Fran at 1pm

Could have been shown live and people still would have been awake in the States. So stop saying it would be 3am...